What happened to our 'best young prospect?' (De Silva.)

What happened to our 'best young prospect?' (De Silva.)

Author
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
In 2013 he made his debut in the A-league aged just 15 making him the second youngest A-league plsyer ever, he was playing for Perth's first team from the age of 15-18 from 2013 to 2015. Over theese years he made a total of 33 appearances and scored 3 goals as a CAM. Theese statistics are already remarkable and are a feat that have never been achived as a young footballer. To have played 33 games by the time a footballer is 18 in the A-league is incredible. Ange has noted that playinf reguarly in the ages of 18-21 is crucial for player development. Theese game times also came with representing the u-17, u-20 and u-23 ammassing a total of 29 apparences and 4 goals

However a loan move to Roda Jc in the eredivce from 2015 to Jan 2017 saw him only obtaining 15 apparences. His loan move was cut 6 months early in January this year and now De Silva is clubless. This leaves the problem of the fact that he is not even playing actual proffessional footballing anymore and has not been since January this year. Whats also worrying is that he wasnt included in Gombou's u-23 training camp. In fact when was the last time he was called up. De Silva now was gone into obscurity. What really has happened to the wonderkid?
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Next Patafta?

ARNIE= LEGEND

lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Needs to come back to the a-liga 
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I think you overplayed your hand for this multi with this post.
Edited
7 Years Ago by paladisious
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

paladisious - 23 May 2017 1:24 AM

Haha been thinking this for a little while now. Subtly annoying early on but now just really bunging it on. Who is it by the way?
Langan
Langan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

I'll just respond to the title because the opening post is an unreadable dump of letter vomit. 

Both de Silva and Patafta struggled to transition into senior football. This is common especially for the smaller players. At senior level a good touch is great but the athleticism of your opponents means that you have very little time or space. Your ability to manipulate the ball must therefore be greater than your opponent's ability to athletically limit your time and space. The less of one you have the more of the other you need. There are many players in the world who will never make it because they don't have enough athleticism or mental quickness. Ball manipulation only gets you so far. You need a good dose of all three things to be good enough to play pro. 

There's my two cents. Mine is at least word vomit. 
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

He could clearly cut the mustard at Perth. His overseas move/deal was a clusterfuck of an arrangement from the very start. Maybe he needs to stop fucking around and come back to HAL, get playing and put on some muscle. Still very young, plenty of time yet.
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

well, the kid was over-rated for a start .... the rest is history
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Multi status confirmed.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Langan - 23 May 2017 5:29 AM
I'll just respond to the title because the opening post is an unreadable dump of letter vomit. 

Both de Silva and Patafta struggled to transition into senior football. This is common especially for the smaller players. At senior level a good touch is great but the athleticism of your opponents means that you have very little time or space. Your ability to manipulate the ball must therefore be greater than your opponent's ability to athletically limit your time and space. The less of one you have the more of the other you need. There are many players in the world who will never make it because they don't have enough athleticism or mental quickness. Ball manipulation only gets you so far. You need a good dose of all three things to be good enough to play pro. 

There's my two cents. Mine is at least word vomit. 

To be fair this doesn't bother the likes of David Silva, Andres Iniesta or even the Lionel Messi and much other 'smaller' players.
Size isn't everything it's how you use the ball.

Isn't he still contracted with Perth Glory? He's too good not to be involved.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Barca4Life
lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

I think I heard Peter Philopoulos say he has some form of osteo pubis.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

T-T-T-T-TARDTHO contfirmed. 

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Barca4Life - 23 May 2017 7:35 AM
Langan - 23 May 2017 5:29 AM

To be fair this doesn't bother the likes of David Silva, Andres Iniesta or even the Lionel Messi and much other 'smaller' players.
Size isn't everything it's how you use the ball.

Good point, Barca.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

paladisious - 23 May 2017 1:24 AM

How can you possibly write "theese" so many times? Its actually impossible. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Capac
Capac
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

I've been thinking this is obviously draupnir/adthro for a while now. He's one of the few on here to have the time and/or inclination to make multiple trolling multis. Imagine what could happen if he dedicated this​ time and energy to something more productive.

Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 23 May 2017 8:02 AM
T-T-T-T-TARDTHO contfirmed. 

ARDTHO actually supports Australian football though and talks up the A-League.  This guy does nothing but shit on it
pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

RedKat - 23 May 2017 12:29 AM
Next Patafta?

I was just thinking that if I had a dollar for every Australian teenage kid talked up as the next superstar over the past 12 years or so, I'd be a very rich man.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

pippinu - 23 May 2017 10:32 AM
RedKat - 23 May 2017 12:29 AM

I was just thinking that if I had a dollar for every Australian teenage kid talked up as the next superstar over the past 12 years or so, I'd be a very rich man.

I reckon you would have about $40

are you that strapped for cash?

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Correct - I can't recall many have been touted as future top flight players.
Heck were struggling to produce them let alone point one out.

Love Football

pippinu
pippinu
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

grazorblade - 23 May 2017 10:54 AM
pippinu - 23 May 2017 10:32 AM

I reckon you would have about $40

are you that strapped for cash?

If you have a spare $40, I'll happily  take it.
maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Scotch&Coke - 23 May 2017 10:18 AM

ARDTHO actually supports Australian football though and talks up the A-League.  This guy does nothing but shit on it

Alter ego?
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

maxxie - 23 May 2017 11:39 AM

Alter ego?

No i am sure this isn't a multi and it is just some kid.
soil
soil
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

City Sam - 23 May 2017 11:56 AM
maxxie - 23 May 2017 11:39 AM

No i am sure this isn't a multi and it is just some kid.

Nah. Draups is half of the posters on this forum. Including 'this kid'. 
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

@langan so its because he wasnt pyscially good enough
Doesnt Manrez lack physciality. There are many successful players who dont have the best physicality
@slect few what?
@scotch
I support Australian footbal of course but im honest and will tell the situation as it is.
Aus Football Fan
Aus Football Fan
Semi-Pro

What is all this multi etc. talk??
Im literally only asking what happened to De Silva
Langan
Langan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)Semi-Pro (2K reputation)

I'm not saying players without physical and athletic attributes can't succeed because they can. They just need way better ball manipulation and mental strength to counteract their faults. 
Bunch of Hacks
Bunch of Hacks
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Exactly if anything this guy is the the anti -ardtho!

Aus Football and Ardtho together on the one topic I'd like to see that!
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Capac - 23 May 2017 9:40 AM
I've been thinking this is obviously draupnir/adthro for a while now. He's one of the few on here to have the time and/or inclination to make multiple trolling multis. Imagine what could happen if he dedicated this​ time and energy to something more productive.

Could cure cancer instead of being it.
miron mercedes
miron mercedes
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Some of you guys need to get a life ...I see nothing wrong with the original post...faulty grammar aside...but hey... not everyone is a Rhodes Scholar.
As for whether he is a multi ?...who cares ? Whatever floats his boat ...it is not hurting any of you .
Maybe some of you need to disconnect , get up and go outside for a while instead of living your life on a forum.
His point is valid....so often we hear of "child prodigies" going overseas to never be heard of again . In De Silva's case he actually had some runs on the board before going so it is worth asking if these guys go too early  .

Edited
7 Years Ago by miron mercedes
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
miron mercedes - 24 May 2017 7:58 AM
Some of you guys need to get a life ...I see nothing wrong with the original post...faulty grammar aside...but hey... not everyone is a Rhodes Scholar.
As for whether he is a multi ?...who cares ? Whatever floats his boat ...it is not hurting any of you .
Maybe some of you need to disconnect , get up and go outside for a while instead of living your life on a forum.
His point is valid....so often we hear of "child prodigies" going overseas to never be heard of again . In De Silva's case he actually had some runs on the board before going so it is worth asking if these guys go too early  .

Don't agree with you entirely, MM, but many need to stop taking forum life too seriously.

The original post by the  perpetrator of the thread has merit as a football topic. One other poster, new Signing, states that any poster who discusses football is a worthy poster. I tend to agree. Whether he is a multi or not he is generating genuine football discussion and has done before.

I'm puzzled about Da Silva's club career too.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search