Graham Cornes: Time for Adelaide to build a new soccer stadium

Graham Cornes: Time for Adelaide to build a new soccer stadium

Author
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
City Sam - 15 Feb 2018 11:07 AM
Waz - 15 Feb 2018 6:55 AM

Because it is a one off game, if there was an Adelaide rugby league team however they sure wouldn't be happy either.

They might get 50K if they fly in 20k or so of Qlders & NSW people & keep admission cost low. There is a reason the old NRL team " The Rams" folded, although losing didn't help!
Edited
6 Years Ago by redcup
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

redcup - 15 Feb 2018 11:26 AM
City Sam - 15 Feb 2018 11:07 AM

They might get 50K if they fly in 20k or so of Qlders & NSW people & keep admission cost low. There is a reason the old NRL team " The Rams" folded, although losing didn't help!

Meh, their first season averaged over 15k and they never actually came last, although that is probably due to the fact they only existed for 2 years.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Scotch&Coke - 15 Feb 2018 11:43 AM
redcup - 15 Feb 2018 11:26 AM

Meh, their first season averaged over 15k and they never actually came last, although that is probably due to the fact they only existed for 2 years.

I was about 15 at the time the Rams were around.Between school, my parents workplace, walking through the local westfield or Rundle Mall, you easily got offered a free ticket a week for those games. No exaggeration. I remember the time well and it was getting pretty annoying with people throwing around free tickets, it was like everyone got sucked in to Amway except they don't actually make any money
Edited
6 Years Ago by bohemia
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

bohemia - 15 Feb 2018 12:57 PM
Scotch&Coke - 15 Feb 2018 11:43 AM

I was about 15 at the time the Rams were around.Between school, my parents workplace, walking through the local westfield or Rundle Mall, you easily got offered a free ticket a week for those games. No exaggeration. I remember the time well and it was getting pretty annoying with people throwing around free tickets, it was like everyone got sucked in to Amway except they don't actually make any money

Their crowds dropped off in the second season quite significantly so maybe they stopped giving them out haha.  I think Origin coming to Adelaide could be a precursor to a new team.  The NRL has copped a lot of stick over the years for not actually being a truly national comp.
redcup
redcup
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Nachoman - 9 Jun 2017 9:08 PM
it is never going to happen with a state labor party in power...
When they were in opposition , they complained about the hindmarsh upgrade for the 2000 olympics...
they see more votes chasing populist AFL junkets in china and expensive oval upgrades

..... "they see more votes chasing populist AFL junkets in China and expensive oval upgrades".......and they're not wrong. the Liberals are the same; as are every political party looking at an election.
Leon Bignall chose an India v Pakistan cricket match even though millions more watched the Asian cup match that he could have bid for, simply because the millions weren't voters in the local election and that's what politicians do.
Edited
6 Years Ago by redcup
OldCodger
OldCodger
Hacker
Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)Hacker (340 reputation)

Nah, Hindmarsh Stadium is up there with AAMI and Central Coast Stadium as the best stadiums in the A-League for spectators. Please don't replace it with one of the cookie-cutter monstrosities that seem to be in vogue these days.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search