Herd to WSW

Herd to WSW

Author
DinosMum
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Trialled last night with Wanderers apparently. Word is he was impressive, flew into a few tackles and cleaned up a few people but all in all decent. CDM looks like what they are looking at him for
Edited
7 Years Ago by DinosMum
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

i'd feel dirty if I was a Perth fan
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

BRFC_92 - 6 Jul 2017 1:18 PM
i'd feel dirty if I was a Perth fan

Probably. It's hard because the players have real world issues that kill off contracts like with Herd's wife. You want to be as understanding as possible but it's hard not to feel a little short changed
dr. bellows
dr. bellows
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Great news if he gets a contract. I thought his professional football career looked finished. If he can get ack to his best form he could definitely come into calculations for the World Cup, if we get there. I think a back 3 really plays to his strengths. Although I believe he has played mainly as a right back, I remember he played some games for A. Villa as a CB and did quite well, apparently, despite being small in stature. He has a good leap, according to some of the reviews I read.
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro

dr. bellows - 6 Jul 2017 2:33 PM
Great news if he gets a contract. I thought his professional football career looked finished. If he can get ack to his best form he could definitely come into calculations for the World Cup, if we get there. I think a back 3 really plays to his strengths. Although I believe he has played mainly as a right back, I remember he played some games for A. Villa as a CB and did quite well, apparently, despite being small in stature. He has a good leap, according to some of the reviews I read.

We are well set for CB, RB and LB (though we have another youngster coming shortly @ LB).

Apparently Herd is a done deal. We shall have to wait and see. He's going to have to fight for a position. Baccus is in form and playing lots, Bonevacia is a known quantity and Nico looks set to return. Risdon will definitely start at RB and Clisby is adapting well.
dr. bellows
dr. bellows
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

DinosMum - 6 Jul 2017 2:42 PM
dr. bellows - 6 Jul 2017 2:33 PM

We are well set for CB, RB and LB (though we have another youngster coming shortly @ LB).

Apparently Herd is a done deal. We shall have to wait and see. He's going to have to fight for a position. Baccus is in form and playing lots, Bonevacia is a known quantity and Nico looks set to return. Risdon will definitely start at RB and Clisby is adapting well.

Yes but Milligan successfully made the transition to the back 3 after having played the season at DM. It's not ideal but also not impossible. First, though, he has to be playing regularly (assuming the contract is a done deal).

pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Thwaite, Cornthwaite, Aspro & Herd as CB options is outstanding. Makes Borda look even worse as an option.

If you played 4-3-3 with Herd a holding mid and Nico&Roly in front of him that may work? As much as I love Baccus Snr, this lineup looks better in theory. 
BRFC_92
BRFC_92
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

DinosMum - 6 Jul 2017 1:54 PM
BRFC_92 - 6 Jul 2017 1:18 PM

Probably. It's hard because the players have real world issues that kill off contracts like with Herd's wife. You want to be as understanding as possible but it's hard not to feel a little short changed

Oh yeah, of course.

Wanderers building a decent side for next season it seems.
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro

pv4 - 6 Jul 2017 3:27 PM
Thwaite, Cornthwaite, Aspro & Herd as CB options is outstanding. Makes Borda look even worse as an option.

If you played 4-3-3 with Herd a holding mid and Nico&Roly in front of him that may work? As much as I love Baccus Snr, this lineup looks better in theory. 

I'd love the formation but Popa is set in his ways I think.

Herd apparently was good last night. Looks like Baccus and Herd at CDM, Roly at CAM (sounds like he had an unreal game last night) and Martinez playing RW again.

Bridge was also just released and has expressed interest in returning at the end of last season. If Riera fires, we could have a genuine top 2 team this year with a full preseason to get to fighting fitness
Edited
7 Years Ago by DinosMum
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Would love to have him in the league just so we can watch him actually play football for a change.
shallow hal wants a gal
shallow hal wants a gal
World Class
World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)

Agree with Bowden I just want to see this guy play
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Should be good, most people who move back to the A-League tend to re-invigorate themselves, Aaron Mooy case in point
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro

Dude is 28. Can't see him hitting up Europe again if he comes to Australia
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Vuka says hi 
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro

Goalkeepers are a slightly different scenario. Bula potentially has 6-8 good years left in his legs. If herd spends two years in Australia, I can see another Euro team taking a shot on him
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Will probably come back to the a League but fuck off back to Asia when the first side comes calling for a big payday
DinosMum
DinosMum
Semi-Pro

I can see a Chinese move up his hopes of a big euro opportunity must be all but gone
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search