Don’t Mention the Shark!

Don’t Mention the Shark!

Author
trungdien
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
We're going to be moving offices again soon. W It'll be the second move in about a year, and we're going to be even closer to our local park with its much loved noping and high density of extreme scooterers. Despite the threats of cubicles and a little more mileage for the morning commute, I'm looking forward to the move. http://skateszone.com/the-top-8-best-skateboards-for-beginners-reviews-2017/ 

It will be nice to be rid of our current landlord who, in his great wisdom, tells us we're not allowed to skate the parking lot, has thrown our box over the side of the hill twice and is just around too much in general. It will also be nice to escape my office's now constant smell of mold, which pioneered itself into my carpet following a burst pipe during Southern California's two weeks of "Rainy Season." So, yeah, I'm all right with the move.

The only drawback to the move (aside from possible Office Space moments thanks to cubicle life) is that we'll have new neighbors, and who knows how they'll react to our random shenanigans. At least where we are currently, our neighbors are pleasant and we have a proverbial (and sometimes literal) reality show just outside our windows.

For about a year, we've been next-door neighbors with the clothing company of none other than Ryan Sheckler. It's been a lovely time, being neighbors. He and his family have been nothing but nice to us. It's been interesting, though. I mean, what are the odds that we end up basically in the same building as one of skateboarding's most polarizing figures? https://medium.com/@skateszone/how-to-choose-a-good-skateboard-for-beginners-b6e9e0d0f6e5

It's been interesting being able to look out our windows and see Gretchen roll in, arms full of RS samples and ready to handle business. It's been interesting to see Ryan's brothers show up to skate the park. It's been interesting meeting his dad and his entourage from the show and seeing the camera crews roll in to film something for any number of projects going on.

And, of course, it's been interesting seeing Sheck dog around with his new toys like cars and dogs and hearing him explain that he bought a Ferrari because his accountant said he'd had a good year. It's been kind of surreal to be perfectly honest.

But it's almost all over now. We're packing up our shit and heading up the street to an office of newly erected dry wall and drilled-together walls. No more will we be able to see the real life version of "Life of Ryan," nor will we be next door to his newly designed (and much more fun) park.

We'll merely have to settle for the occasional sliced golf ball from the nearby course and the intermittent, but always pleasant, days when one of the other magazines (mainly Surfing) has a casting call for models and they roll in, tall and slender, dressed to the nines. It's a rough life https://www.facebook.com/The-Best-Complete-Skateboards-For-Beginners-Reviews-1900830253574102

k

Edited
7 Years Ago by trungdien
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search