1st Test Bangladesh v Australia

1st Test Bangladesh v Australia

Author
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
grazorblade - 31 Aug 2017 11:55 AM
stupid thing about selecting wade for his batting is that he has a lower first class average than neville (he also did at the time neville was dropped and he was starting to show some grit with the bat)

Nevill killed Tasmania last season with about 180 not out!

What do you think about  Handscomb replacing Wade as keeper?
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
City Sam - 31 Aug 2017 11:21 AM
Decentric - 31 Aug 2017 7:30 AM

Renshaw and Handscombe all though not that experienced look our most comfortable batters on the sub continent, they just need to learn to turn their good starts into a big score. 

Didn't see Handscomb play in either innings in this test, but he looked good in India. Renshaw looked uncertain in his second dig, but again did well in India. Maxwell looked confident in the first dig.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Decentric - 31 Aug 2017 11:58 AM
grazorblade - 31 Aug 2017 11:55 AM

Nevill killed Tasmania last season with about 180 not out!

What do you think about  Handscomb replacing Wade as keeper?

I don't know i suspect his batting would drop if we did that because its hard to simultaneously master both disciplines without losing a few points on your batting average

Its not like we have a gazillion batters banging the door down anyway (although perhaps lynn should be in the team)

Lastbroadcast
Lastbroadcast
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I saw Wade's test hundred against SL at the SCG in 2013 and he was excellent, but at the moment he looks a shadow of his former self. He is a more aggressive batsman and personality than Nevill, but Nevill is the superior keeper, especially to spin. Some argue that Nevill is also a better batsman, and that may be true, but he is more of an accumulator than a hitter. Smith seems to want aggressive batsmen down the order.

Wade since his return has averaged roughly the same with the bat as Nevill did when dropped - low 20s. In fact he was out of form when he was brought back. He hasn't looked like getting runs since.

Nevill was out of form with bat and gloves when he was dropped. He came good again with the bat during the last shield season but I didn't see him keeping.

It's a pretty tough call to drop Wade, but perhaps shield form in the lead up to the ashes should be looked at. We can't have guys scoring no runs at number 7.

Edited
7 Years Ago by Lastbroadcast
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star
Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)Rising Star (897 reputation)

grazorblade - 31 Aug 2017 2:59 PM
Decentric - 31 Aug 2017 11:58 AM

I don't know i suspect his batting would drop if we did that because its hard to simultaneously master both disciplines without losing a few points on your batting average

Its not like we have a gazillion batters banging the door down anyway (although perhaps lynn should be in the team)

Alan Border has called for Nevill to keep instead of Wade, who he thinks is keeping terribly with 30 byes against Bangladesh. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Lastbroadcast - 31 Aug 2017 6:32 PM
I saw Wade's test hundred against SL at the SCG in 2013 and he was excellent, but at the moment he looks a shadow of his former self. He is a more aggressive batsman and personality than Nevill, but Nevill is the superior keeper, especially to spin. Some argue that Nevill is also a better batsman, and that may be true, but he is more of an accumulator than a hitter. Smith seems to want aggressive batsmen down the order.

Wade since his return has averaged roughly the same with the bat as Nevill did when dropped - low 20s. In fact he was out of form when he was brought back. He hasn't looked like getting runs since.

Nevill was out of form with bat and gloves when he was dropped. He came good again with the bat during the last shield season but I didn't see him keeping.

It's a pretty tough call to drop Wade, but perhaps shield form in the lead up to the ashes should be looked at. We can't have guys scoring no runs at number 7.

I saw Nevill keep in the Shield after being dropped.

I'm no expert, but I often sit in the members with a few former Shield players and first grade cricketers. They all thought Nevill kept very well against Tasmania.

Wade is very unpopular in the cricket milieu here, as is his father (a former AFL footballer and former head of AFL Tasmania),  even though he is a Tasmanian.
Tom Rogics Foot
Tom Rogics Foot
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

Who are our openers? Marsh and warner still??
Keyboard Warrior
Keyboard Warrior
Rising Star

Tom Rogics Left Foot - 1 Sep 2017 2:05 PM
Who are our openers? Marsh and warner still??

Warner and Renshaw.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search