Australia vs Syria

Australia vs Syria

Author
Frankfrank
Amateur
Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Mooy rogic Milligan is not a functioning team. How many times do we have to go through this on this forum. Mooy and rogic don't work.
sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Frankfrank - 19 Sep 2017 2:58 PM
Mooy rogic Milligan is not a functioning team. How many times do we have to go through this on this forum. Mooy and rogic don't work.

With the high press against Thailand they worked pretty well off each other. Only work if Mooy is deployed as an 8 and Rogic as a 10 in a more traditional formation I feel.
Frankfrank
Frankfrank
Amateur
Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)Amateur (714 reputation)

We were always gonna have possession against thialand. But when we play better teams that come at us mooy and rogic become liabilities. They just don't work together. Its pretty much the main reason we play this formation so we can have a extra mid to cover there lack of defencive abilities.
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

IMHO the possible 1st leg outcomes and what they mean for the socceroos.

• A loss by more than 1 goal
    This would be a disaster. We would be as good as out and need a miracle in the 2nd leg, where Syria could park the bus and play for a draw or a 1 goal loss.
  • A loss by 1 goal
    This would be terrible but not the end of the word. We would be in with a shot of winning the 2nd leg by a goal then going through on penalties, exactly what happened against Uruguay in 2006.
  • A 0-0 draw
    This would be bad because it would mean Syria win the tie on away goals if the 2nd leg is a draw with goals, like 1-1. So we would have to win the 2nd leg as a 0-0 draw in Sydney is highly unlikely given Ange's attacking mentality and Syria's counter attack.
  • A draw with goals
    This would be good because it means we have an away goal and not winning at home would not be the end of us.
  • A win
    Party time, we are basically though!
The bookies have us as favorites around 1.7, which is a 59% probability of winning. 

Edited
7 Years Ago by Bitedge
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

I agree mate. More the Rogic part than anything. Too lethargic and slow without the ball for the roos. 
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Bitedge - 23 Sep 2017 10:13 PM

IMHO the possible 1st leg outcomes and what they mean for the socceroos.

• A loss by more than 1 goal
    This would be a disaster. We would be as good as out and need a miracle in the 2nd leg, where Syria could park the bus and play for a draw or a 1 goal loss.
  • A loss by 1 goal
    This would be terrible but not the end of the word. We would be in with a shot of winning the 2nd leg by a goal then going through on penalties, exactly what happened against Uruguay in 2006.
  • A 0-0 draw
    This would be bad because it would mean Syria win the tie on away goals if the 2nd leg is a draw with goals, like 1-1. So we would have to win the 2nd leg as a 0-0 draw in Sydney is highly unlikely given Ange's attacking mentality and Syria's counter attack.
  • A draw with goals
    This would be good because it means we have an away goal and not winning at home would not be the end of us.
  • A win
    Party time, we are basically though!
The bookies have us as favorites around 1.7, which is a 59% probability of winning. 

So, like any other two legged football play off. Do you copy and paste this post on to every forum on the internet to spruik your blog?
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

bohemia - 24 Sep 2017 2:32 AM
Bitedge - 23 Sep 2017 10:13 PM

So, like any other two legged football play off. Do you copy and paste this post on to every forum on the internet to spruik your blog?

yep, gripping insight from someone who is only here to get ppl to gamble. He should be banned for spam
Edited
7 Years Ago by tsf
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I must admit I'm only attending this match live because my family want to go,  I hope they win of course however watching the Socceroos is such a depressing chore these days.   
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

ErogenousZone - 25 Sep 2017 6:04 PM
I must admit I'm only attending this match live because my family want to go,  I hope they win of course however watching the Socceroos is such a depressing chore these days.   

As opposed to the very few years when we were good?
Edited
7 Years Ago by City Sam
Roberts1
Roberts1
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)Hardcore Fan (258 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Aust to win 1-0 away and 4-0 at home

And then meet Panama

😀🇦🇺👍🏻⚽️😊✅
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Kruse is in top form for his club, playing every week so Ange will put him on the bench.
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

Tom Rogics Foot
Tom Rogics Foot
Amateur
Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)Amateur (509 reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 19 Sep 2017 2:25 PM
Anyone else having trouble buying tickets? I can't buy two next to each other, let alone the six I want. 

Exact same issue I had for the A-League GF, except this time I know there is zero chance its close to selling out.

No trouble at all mate, there were heaps when I ordered mine
playmaker11
playmaker11
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Syria's #7 Khribin scored a hattrick for Al Hilal in their ACL semi.

By now, American Samoa must have realised that Australias 22-0 win over Tonga two days earlier was no fluke.

lebo_roo
lebo_roo
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Tom Rogics Left Foot - 26 Sep 2017 1:48 AM

Anyone else expect less than 30 000 for this?
Escobar Caesar
Escobar Caesar
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Geez i hope Ange goes with Behich instead of Smith

hotrod
hotrod
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Escobar Caesar - 27 Sep 2017 12:12 PM
Geez i hope Ange goes with Behich instead of Smith

You can hope, wish, pray, sell your soul, burn offerings and self flagellate all you like, but it won't happen.

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

playmaker11 - 27 Sep 2017 5:17 AM
Syria's #7 Khribin scored a hattrick for Al Hilal in their ACL semi.

Scored some beauties ... that second one how he opened the body and guided the ball pass the keeper was very nice!
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Gruen - 25 Sep 2017 6:10 PM
Kruse is in top form for his club, playing every week so Ange will put him on the bench.

haha. so true. 
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

No team works when you stack the midfield and there's no space.. especially when you have players who play more counter attacking styles and are use to have more space....

you don't fit the team to the formation.... you fit the formation to the team at international level.. .there's no transfer budget
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

sokorny - 27 Sep 2017 12:25 PM
playmaker11 - 27 Sep 2017 5:17 AM

Scored some beauties ... that second one how he opened the body and guided the ball pass the keeper was very nice!

Wouldn't have much trouble knocking any of those past Mat Ryan either.
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Our defence is very weak, Syria have some players who can score goals, they will get at least one, probably two. Prediction for the first leg is a 2-1 win for Syria. At home we will probably win and hopefully that will get us through.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Turned out to be a ticketek issue and got my tickets later that day. 

No excuses not to go to this one imo. Adult tix are as low as $25. Im as frustrated as anyone but they need the support. Missing the WC would be catastrophic financially for the whole game. Anyone who thinks theyre somehow sticking it to the FFA doesnt seem to realise what the ramifications would be. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

personally don't see the problem with mooy and rogic in the same team

seem to work fine together. Also rogic's defense is improving (though thats less important from 10)
Gruen
Gruen
Pro

According to a post in the Aussies Abroad thread Sainsbury is carrying an injury and needs surgery but is trying to get through the Socceroos games before having it.
Terrible idea, go have surgery and come back as soon as possible. Don't play injured for the Socceroos.
Pyramid Timmy
Pyramid Timmy
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 27 Sep 2017 3:06 PM

No excuses not to go to this one imo. Adult tix are as low as $25. Im as frustrated as anyone but they need the support. Missing the WC would be catastrophic financially for the whole game. Anyone who thinks theyre somehow sticking it to the FFA doesnt seem to realise what the ramifications would be. 

Yeah, Football will die

Edited
7 Years Ago by Back to top
bruno
bruno
Super Fan
Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 27 Sep 2017 3:06 PM

Agreed, get there and support our team. This is when teams need support, not when things are going smoothly.
Australians are piss poor so called supporters. A few hiccups and run away.
Dare I ask, any pax numbers ?
Freaken
Freaken
Super Fan
Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)Super Fan (149 reputation)

I haven't read all the posts so apologies if this has been proffered already.

If worse comes to worse and Syria defeats us and the USA remains in 4th place.

Outcome?

USA v Syria sudden death grudge match. USA v Assads personal army football side. (Assads' 11)

How will they be allowed in the USA to play the fixture? Are Visas banned for Syrians? A possibility of a bit of a  "googly" coming up for Trump.

maxxie
maxxie
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Freaken - 28 Sep 2017 6:54 PM
I haven't read all the posts so apologies if this has been proffered already.

If worse comes to worse and Syria defeats us and the USA remains in 4th place.

Outcome?

USA v Syria sudden death grudge match. USA v Assads personal army football side. (Assads' 11)

How will they be allowed in the USA to play the fixture? Are Visas banned for Syrians? A possibility of a bit of a  "googly" coming up for Trump.

I think the newest iteration of the ban (3.0?) is that all "non-diplomatic entry" is suspended for Syrians, but I'm not sure if that can be stretched to people representing Syria in sports? Maybe FIFA will force USA to play their home game in Canada. Wouldn't that be something, Syria vs the US to be played in Malaysia and Canada.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Perhaps a good place to post as many read this thread. NZ have a friendly in Japan on October 6. It'll be interesting to see how they go. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search