Melbourne City Coach Warren Joyce demotes assistant after Power Play

Melbourne City Coach Warren Joyce demotes assistant after Power Play

Author
Escobar Caesar
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
City Sam - 9 Sep 2017 2:30 PM
Escobar Caesar - 9 Sep 2017 2:26 PM

I'd just love it to win the league playing hoofball with a 4-4-2 to see Decentric have a meltdown.

Ahahaha and the rant about English coaches being backwards compared to Knvb etc

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Escobar Caesar - 9 Sep 2017 2:34 PM

Ahahaha and the rant about English coaches being backwards compared to Knvb etc

a part of me thinks wazza would be stoked about fornaroli's injury.  now he gets to start cahill who is a prime targetman for hoofball.

HighTimes
HighTimes
Amateur
Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)

This certainly doesn't do much to fight the stereotype of British coaches being terribly backward and useless to us as a country. Hope he's not totally balls  
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Escobar Caesar - 9 Sep 2017 2:26 PM

I'd just love it to win the league playing hoofball with a 4-4-2 to see Decentric have a meltdown.

lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

many top footballing nations don't believe in sports science so lets not throw the baby out with the bath water 
HighTimes
HighTimes
Amateur
Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)Amateur (644 reputation)

lukerobinho - 9 Sep 2017 3:35 PM
many top footballing nations don't believe in sports science so lets not throw the baby out with the bath water 

Oh thats interesting who?
lukerobinho
lukerobinho
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

HighTimes - 9 Sep 2017 3:37 PM
lukerobinho - 9 Sep 2017 3:35 PM

Oh thats interesting who?

In fact you could argue that Australias infatuation with sports science is directly linked to the worst aspects of the game here in terms of a preference for physical attributes over first touch, technique etc. 

Brazil chile etc. rarely even use gps trackers 
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

City brought him in, he is the head coach and anyone questioning him especially hacks like Valkanis either need to shutup or leave.
slipperypigeon
slipperypigeon
Hacker
Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)

inala brah - 9 Sep 2017 10:30 AM
slipperypigeon - 9 Sep 2017 10:18 AM

bigger salary than your entire squad of plebs.

Didn't know they were handing out trophies for paying high salaries.
Congrats, when is the presentation and open top bus?
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Surely the new breed of English coaches would have been a better choice for City? The old school like the Germans were before too see the game differently to the current game.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

lukerobinho - 9 Sep 2017 3:59 PM
HighTimes - 9 Sep 2017 3:37 PM

In fact you could argue that Australias infatuation with sports science is directly linked to the worst aspects of the game here in terms of a preference for physical attributes over first touch, technique etc. 

Brazil chile etc. rarely even use gps trackers 

Well that's straight up not true. In fact, it's actually a Melbourne company that supplies the Brazil national team with their GPS gear:

BRAZILIAN FOOTBALL CONFEDERATION SIGNS CATAPULT AS OFFICIAL TECHNOLOGY PARTNER

The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) has signed an exclusive partnership with Catapult to equip the national team with the most advanced wearable technology in elite sport.

With the evolution of football and the advances of sports science and technology, the monitoring of athlete physical load is a critical area of elite performance management.

One example of this is the average speed of the players during the last two World Cups. In 2010, in South Africa, the average distance covered in a match was 10.5km, with an average maximum velocity of 26.1km/h. In 2014 World Cup, the average distance covered was 10.2km/h but the average maximum velocity reached a record high of 30.3km/h.

Modern football demands excellence and the best possible performance, which has led to the Brazilian Football Confederation signing an agreement with Catapult, an Australian sports technology company that works with over 500 elite teams and institutes worldwide.

The system will be used by the national teams during their training session and will allow the technical staff to monitor and analyse each athlete’s performance.

Fabio Mahseredjian, Brazilian national team Fitness Coach, explains how Catapult system will assist in the preparation of the national team.

“Besides the velocity and distance covered by the athletes, the system also measures accelerations and decelerations, and that’s what football is based upon today,” Mahseredjian said. “As well as the physical parameters, with the data supplied it permits us to understand player movements and understand his tactical behaviour on the pitch.”

Exercise Physiology Doctor of the National Team, Luis Antonio Crescente, strongly supports the importance of Catapult’s technology.

“The system has a tri-accelerometer that quantifies the efforts made by each athlete,” Crescente said. “The GPS provides data on distance covered and velocity values, while the accelerometers can measure the muscular imbalances while running, measures accelerations, changes of direction and number of sprints, therefore it allows to quantify all the physical demands of the athletes. With this information we can provide individual and collective analysis that will allow us to improve our work.”

http://www.catapultsports.com/au/media/brazilian-football-confederation-signs-catapult-as-official-technology-partner/

fanoffootball
fanoffootball
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)

WSF - 9 Sep 2017 5:30 PM
City brought him in, he is the head coach and anyone questioning him especially hacks like Valkanis either need to shutup or leave.

definitely this. I am surprised that Joyce was "given" hi assistant coaches. I would have expected that he would pick his own. that the assistants are now challenging him or whatever, is citys doing. assistants should support or leave. 

paladisious
paladisious
Legend

slipperypigeon - 9 Sep 2017 5:42 PM
inala brah - 9 Sep 2017 10:30 AM

Didn't know they were handing out trophies for paying high salaries.
Congrats, when is the presentation and open top bus?

I wonder if the FFA Cup they won ever came back to Melbourne City or it's still at head office in Abu Dhabi?
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Yep. Head down to our training fascilities and you'll see it upon entering the reception area.
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

This sounds like a bit of a beat up to me. I highly doubt a guy who was the reserve coach of the biggest club in the world totally shuns sports science. Im sure his comment, if its at all accurate, was taken out of context. Maybe he just prefers to favour other methods or other methods have a stronger value to him. Im sure his system will be very different to the previous systems at City, but I don't think theres cause for alarm just yet. 
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

The Frenchman - 11 Sep 2017 12:36 AM
This sounds like a bit of a beat up to me. I highly doubt a guy who was the reserve coach of the biggest club in the world totally shuns sports science. Im sure his comment, if its at all accurate, was taken out of context. Maybe he just prefers to favour other methods or other methods have a stronger value to him. Im sure his system will be very different to the previous systems at City, but I don't think theres cause for alarm just yet. 

woooaaaahahhhhh.... dont come in here being all sensible with your comments....

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

n i k o - 11 Sep 2017 12:06 AM
Yep. Head down to our training fascilities and you'll see it upon entering the reception area.

Does it look lonely all by itself in a trophy cabinet ?

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Nah it's not lonely actually. We own our own trophy cabinet, I'm assuming you have to rent yours out...or share with a rival code
Edited
7 Years Ago by n i k o
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Cheeky breeky at Melbeen Sheety!

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

n i k o - 11 Sep 2017 9:01 AM
Nah it's not lonely actually. We own our own trophy cabinet, I'm assuming you have to rent yours out...or share with a rival code

As oppose to sharing with a uni and being a part of their campus....
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

n i k o - 11 Sep 2017 9:01 AM

Does "We" mean "Melbourne City" or the real owners of this team ?

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro

Nice try tsf but your post is too stupid to respond to.

Iknowbest...the real owners? You mean real owners like home builders and fruit and veg suppliers? Welcome to modern football iknowbest

pv4
pv4
Legend

Scott Miller was sacked from the Jerks for doing less.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

n i k o - 11 Sep 2017 10:51 AM
Nice try tsf but your post is too stupid to respond to.Iknowbest...the real owners? You mean real owners like home builders and fruit and veg suppliers? Welcome to modern football iknowbest

C'mon N i k o that is a real pre-season form reply.
I'm hoping you can improve as the season goes on.
Otherwise you will be no fun to toy with.

tsf
tsf
Legend

n i k o - 11 Sep 2017 10:51 AM
Nice try tsf but your post is too stupid to respond to.Iknowbest...the real owners? You mean real owners like home builders and fruit and veg suppliers? Welcome to modern football iknowbest

Don't you just hate it every time when you move into a place and someone issues a press release saying they are proud to host and share with you and that it's part of their precinct strategy....

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/news/articles/2015/release/city-football-academy-unveiled

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

bohemia - 9 Sep 2017 12:54 AM
The Fans - 9 Sep 2017 12:27 AM

A couple of years ago in the AFL the Port Adelaide FC were almost last then suddenly blew the doors off the competition and came within 3 points of making the grand final. The revival was because they had a new fitness coach Darren Burgess who had spent a few years at Liverpool FC and introduced EPL training methods to an AFL club. 

And over in another state a club was jamming players to the hilt with peptides, pigs brain extract, a "mystery substance from a mexican muscular dystrophy patient", drugs not approved for thrapeutic use...

Australia isn't the world leader in sports science, it's just into shameless self prmotion because they know their local fans don't have any global perspective on the matter.

Well Darren Burgess is an Australian who originally worked with Port (2004-2007) before moving to the Socceroos,  then moved onto Liverpool for 2 years before returning to Port and now has moved to Arsenal. Considering since 2004 he has spent 2 years working in the EPL, I would say most his training methods don't come from the EPL.
salmonfc
salmonfc
World Class
World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)World Class (7.7K reputation)

Wow, didn't know that there are two Tard teams in Melbourne.

Windowlickers. Enjoy another joke of a season.

For the first time, but certainly not the last, I began to believe that Arsenals moods and fortunes somehow reflected my own. - Hornby

Edited
7 Years Ago by salmonfc
slipperypigeon
slipperypigeon
Hacker
Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)

salmonfc - 11 Sep 2017 11:37 AM
Wow, didn't know that there are two Tard teams in Melbourne.

Windowlickers. Enjoy another joke of a season.

Hahahah classic and original.
Are you a stand up comic?
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro

Tsf all I'll say is I'm well aware of the relationship between La Trobe and Melbourne City. My comment still stands that your post is too stupid to respond to.

Iknowbest as expected a nothing response
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

pv4 - 11 Sep 2017 10:57 AM
Scott Miller was sacked from the Jerks for doing less.

scott miller was sacked for not wanting the chinese player in the squad.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search