Melbourne City Coach Warren Joyce demotes assistant after Power Play

Melbourne City Coach Warren Joyce demotes assistant after Power Play

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
n i k o - 11 Sep 2017 10:51 AM
Nice try tsf but your post is too stupid to respond to.Iknowbest...the real owners? You mean real owners like home builders and fruit and veg suppliers? Welcome to modern football iknowbest

Yep, owned by a 100% Australian group of football people. Next best thing after member ownership.
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
sokorny - 11 Sep 2017 11:11 AM
bohemia - 9 Sep 2017 12:54 AM

Well Darren Burgess is an Australian who originally worked with Port (2004-2007) before moving to the Socceroos,  then moved onto Liverpool for 2 years before returning to Port and now has moved to Arsenal. Considering since 2004 he has spent 2 years working in the EPL, I would say most his training methods don't come from the EPL.

Well, no, you just need to read up the many articles where Burgess explained himself what he learned at Liverpool and brought to Port Adelaide and the onfield resurgence that occurred after he was at Liverpool, not before.
GloryPerth
GloryPerth
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Frenchman - 11 Sep 2017 12:36 AM
This sounds like a bit of a beat up to me. I highly doubt a guy who was the reserve coach of the biggest club in the world totally shuns sports science. Im sure his comment, if its at all accurate, was taken out of context. Maybe he just prefers to favour other methods or other methods have a stronger value to him. Im sure his system will be very different to the previous systems at City, but I don't think theres cause for alarm just yet. 

I thought worth re-posting and to add, no direct quotes about Sports Science to even take out of context here. It's just rumours rather than any statements made by Joyce in the press about it. Now that would be a worry! As somebody else said too, you often get change with new regimes and it was odd he didn't bring his own assistants but maybe was open or signed conditionally by City to take on their established set-up. There can be differing expectations with such scenarios, from signing the contract overseas to actually arriving at the club and managing football operations day-to-day, so as you say The Frenchman, the operative word could still be, 'yet'.

Also, much is made of his time at Manchester United, yet one could say: if he was soo successful then why isn't he still there? But on the other side of the coin, it's a bedding down period and the proof will be once the season kicks in and we see the performance levels and results. Experienced figures like Cahill and Jacobsen won't muck around if anything not to standard either. PV4 may be right in-so-far as, Miller had the results early, but the off-field difficulties still under-mined and saw his Jets stint end early. Coaches need full backing from the clubs who appointed them or their regimes won't last. Glory fans know that well, in terms of what happened to Alistair Edwards over here.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
scott21 - 9 Sep 2017 1:06 AM
bohemia - 9 Sep 2017 12:54 AM
how people view England

Related image

I've always admired Onslow!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

walnuts - 9 Sep 2017 8:23 AM
Didn't realise City had signed Mike Bassett as head coach

LOL!
Decentric
Decentric
Legend

pv4 - 11 Sep 2017 10:57 AM
Scott Miller was sacked from the Jerks for doing less.

True.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search