FIFA 18

FIFA 18

Author
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Anyone played the Demo yet?

New Signing
New Signing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

nope will just buy the game when it comes out
milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

I like the demo, even though it will be nothing like the game that comes out. Excited for career mode, but got to say this is the least pumped I have been for a FIFA game. Literally what have they changed? Journey 2, revamped legends, crossing, slightly improved graphics and new transfer engine in career mode? That is not enough to warrant a new game IMO.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I managed to play the demo for a bit now and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I like the defending now as in 17 the cpu defending helped out players way too much and now will expose many people who can't defend on their own.
Crossing is great, not sure what it is but it feels so much better. In 17 I never used it that much but after the demo will be using alot now.
I like that the sprint does not work like it did in 17 where every one could run quick all the time, was unrealistic so this is an improvement. 
What else, the passing and dribbling is really good as well, the game feels slower compared to 17,so the tricks and skills actually work better now. 
The AI must to be dumbed down a little on the demo though as I managed to win on Legendary and I know I am not super good.
This will be the first year I get into Ultimate Team seriously. won't be buying fifa coins though.
Overall I am looking forward to the release, already pre-ordered and have ea access. 
Looking forward to squad battles as I doubt I will be good enough to get in the weekend league my first year.

Edited
7 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

milan_7 - 15 Sep 2017 12:27 AM
I like the demo, even though it will be nothing like the game that comes out. Excited for career mode, but got to say this is the least pumped I have been for a FIFA game. Literally what have they changed? Journey 2, revamped legends, crossing, slightly improved graphics and new transfer engine in career mode? That is not enough to warrant a new game IMO.

Still will be the most popular game in the world. That's what warrants it.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

milan_7 - 15 Sep 2017 12:27 AM

I'm the opposite. With the stuff they've added to UT this year, legends on playstation, plus the changes they've apparently made to the AI it's probably the most excited I've been for FIFA in years. I actually want to buy it this year as opposed to almost feeling like I have to.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

MrBrisbane - 15 Sep 2017 12:07 PM
I managed to play the demo for a bit now and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I like the defending now as in 17 the cpu defending helped out players way too much and now will expose many people who can't defend on their own.
Crossing is great, not sure what it is but it feels so much better. In 17 I never used it that much but after the demo will be using alot now.
I like that the sprint does not work like it did in 17 where every one could run quick all the time, was unrealistic so this is an improvement. 
What else, the passing and dribbling is really good as well, the game feels slower compared to 17,so the tricks and skills actually work better now. 
The AI must to be dumbed down a little on the demo though as I managed to win on Legendary and I know I am not super good.
This will be the first year I get into Ultimate Team seriously. won't be buying fifa coins though.
Overall I am looking forward to the release, already pre-ordered and have ea access. 
Looking forward to squad battles as I doubt I will be good enough to get in the weekend league my first year.

i find legendary easier that the couple levels below it.  i think world class is bullshit.  it seems to make you weaker rather than improve the skill of the AI.  

i said it in 16 that i wouldnt buy another one until they fix manager mode.  but i got a ps4 last year and bought 17.  marginally better but still filled with lots of random unexplained bullshit.  they really need to sort it out.  

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

If the pre-order Ronaldo edition comes out 26th of September, does that mean you can go into the stores and get it on Tuesday week without pre ordering?
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

milan_7 - 18 Sep 2017 1:26 PM
If the pre-order Ronaldo edition comes out 26th of September, does that mean you can go into the stores and get it on Tuesday week without pre ordering?

Not to sure mate, you would think it wouldn't really matter as they would have plenty in store but it does say pre-order so they could be picky. I would just ask in what ever store you plan on getting from to confirm.

Edited
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

inala brah - 17 Sep 2017 9:43 PM
MrBrisbane - 15 Sep 2017 12:07 PM

i find legendary easier that the couple levels below it.  i think world class is bullshit.  it seems to make you weaker rather than improve the skill of the AI.  

i said it in 16 that i wouldnt buy another one until they fix manager mode.  but i got a ps4 last year and bought 17.  marginally better but still filled with lots of random unexplained bullshit.  they really need to sort it out.  

Oh no doubt there is always some unexplained bullshit that comes with Fifa, but the amount of hours of enjoyment I get from them far outweighs the problems that come with it. Looking forward to more rage quits in online seasons :laugh:

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

new transfer things on career mode

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Can't wait to quicksell Bowds
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
jlm8695 - 21 Sep 2017 10:22 AM
Can't wait to quicksell Bowds

How could you quick-sell this face 😂 😂 😂

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Definitely more of a challenge and something to get used to. I played defaults and didn't have assisted passing. As much as it's a real skill, I like the direction and weight assistance. 

Good to see the Saudi national team in. It'll make career qualifying a bit more interesting and New Zealand are in with licensing. 
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Bowden - 21 Sep 2017 11:11 AM
jlm8695 - 21 Sep 2017 10:22 AM

How could you quick-sell this face 😂 😂 😂

If you have Mat Ryan in your club at the same time as Bowden Ryan immediately upgrades to 99.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Bowds get them to go back to making a Mac version please

ARNIE= LEGEND

Torak
Torak
Amateur
Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)

I downloaded it last night and played 3 games this morning.
Historically I have been a WC level player & Div 3- 5 online, so I wouldn't class myself as good, only solid.

First match I played was on Professional and won 6-0 Bayern vs Juve, had a 1 on 1 with the keeper after 2 minutes, 20 shots, 7 corners & 62% possession. Felt very easy.
Second match I bumped it up to WC. I lost 4-0 as PSG vs Man U, Only had 2 shots, passes were getting cut out non stop, players felt slow on the ball. Felt like I wasn't being allowed to play. Was frustrating to say the least
Third Match I bumped up to Legendary and won 1-0 Chelsea vs Bayern. Even possession, even shots, May have just been I had a good game, but it felt more like playing an online player.  
New Signing
New Signing
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

People should stop whinging about the difficulty levels. The game actually gives you the ability to adjust basically every facet of game play to your liking. As you get better ou just bump the CPU's quality up a little or drop yours
Torak
Torak
Amateur
Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)Amateur (724 reputation)

New Signing - 26 Sep 2017 10:47 AM
People should stop whinging about the difficulty levels. The game actually gives you the ability to adjust basically every facet of game play to your liking. As you get better ou just bump the CPU's quality up a little or drop yours

Certain aspects of the game force you to play on certain difficulties.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Torak - 26 Sep 2017 10:34 AM
I downloaded it last night and played 3 games this morning.
Historically I have been a WC level player & Div 3- 5 online, so I wouldn't class myself as good, only solid.

First match I played was on Professional and won 6-0 Bayern vs Juve, had a 1 on 1 with the keeper after 2 minutes, 20 shots, 7 corners & 62% possession. Felt very easy.
Second match I bumped it up to WC. I lost 4-0 as PSG vs Man U, Only had 2 shots, passes were getting cut out non stop, players felt slow on the ball. Felt like I wasn't being allowed to play. Was frustrating to say the least
Third Match I bumped up to Legendary and won 1-0 Chelsea vs Bayern. Even possession, even shots, May have just been I had a good game, but it felt more like playing an online player.  

It's always been like this I feel. On Legendary, the AI is good enough to attack you, when attacking they'll do things that only they can, but will allow you to actually win the ball back.

Everytime I've tried World Class, they just keep the ball until they score, not realistic at all.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Gameplay is the same as 17 for me, which is odd seeing at least the demo was slightly different. I didn't actually pre order it but just went into EB games and the bloke gave me the Ronaldo edition over the counter, so really the pre-order bonus is redundant.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Just qualified for the weekend league, took my 3 tournaments but got there in the end, was intense :laugh: 
Late screamer from Suarez in the last 10 minutes.

It's funny just a couple days ago I was getting frustrated playing online, I thought I was decent at defending in the demo against AI but online was a whole different thing. Got smashed nearly every game for the first 2 days of ea access but now I barley concede any.

Edited
Torak
Torak
Amateur

MrBrisbane - 30 Sep 2017 3:55 PM
Just qualified for the weekend league, took my 3 tournaments but got there in the end, was intense :laugh: 
Late screamer from Suarez in the last 10 minutes.

It's funny just a couple days ago I was getting frustrated playing online, I thought I was decent at defending in the demo against AI but online was a whole different thing. Got smashed nearly every game for the first 2 days of ea access but now I barley concede any.

How did you end up going? I don't have the time to play that many games so most the time don't even bother trying to qualify.

The difference with EA Access is that most of the players who want to get the game for that period are good, once it opens to the general public then you start getting the average players joining in.

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Torak - 12 Oct 2017 5:37 PM
MrBrisbane - 30 Sep 2017 3:55 PM

How did you end up going? I don't have the time to play that many games so most the time don't even bother trying to qualify.

The difference with EA Access is that most of the players who want to get the game for that period are good, once it opens to the general public then you start getting the average players joining in.

Finished on 17 wins and 23 losses, which I am pretty happy with considering I am pretty average and it was my first time in futchamps. Id say of those 23 losses, 8 players were a class above me and I had no chance, but the rest were sweaty, tight contests and most of them went to extra time and pens.  I did most of mine late Friday night and finished them off on Sunday arvo. I honestly don't think I could do it every weekend as it drains you so much, not just because it is so many games in short period but the bullshit that comes with fifa etc

Lucky rebounds that fall straight to the player for easy goals
Goal Keepers so overpowered now
AI defending is back

These comes from the latest patch which completely changed what was good about fifa 18 to begin with.

Then you have the constant sore losers messaging you after you win :laugh:
Or the idiots that like to watch the replay every single time.

As for qualification, yea it was harder for the first weekend league as everyone had to qualify through the dailiy tournament, so you could be up against pros etc. This time it was easier, all the above average players automatically qualified from the past weekend league, got in on my first try. 

Edited
Torak
Torak
Amateur

MrBrisbane - 12 Oct 2017 7:47 PM
Torak - 12 Oct 2017 5:37 PM

Finished on 17 wins and 23 losses, which I am pretty happy with considering I am pretty average and it was my first time in futchamps. Id say of those 23 losses, 8 players were a class above me and I had no chance, but the rest were sweaty, tight contests and most of them went to extra time and pens.  I did most of mine late Friday night and finished them off on Sunday arvo. I honestly don't think I could do it every weekend as it drains you so much, not just because it is so many games in short period but the bullshit that comes with fifa etc

Lucky rebounds that fall straight to the player for easy goals
Goal Keepers so overpowered now
AI defending is back

These comes from the latest patch which completely changed what was good about fifa 18 to begin with.

Then you have the constant sore losers messaging you after you win :laugh:
Or the idiots that like to watch the replay every single time.

As for qualification, yea it was harder for the first weekend league as everyone had to qualify through the dailiy tournament, so you could be up against pros etc. This time it was easier, all the above average players automatically qualified from the past weekend league, got in on my first try. 

Solid effort. I was thinking a 1 win to 1 loss ratio would have been a good result and you got pretty close to hitting that mark. 
I haven't played much in the last week as ive been preferring excessive drinking, so haven't had the feel of the new patch.
Connected up NBN last night so hopefully the change from a 3.5mb DL / .9mb UL / 170 ping to a 17MB DL / 5MB UL / 45 ping will see a noticeable difference. Think that might be really beneficial for something like COD though given i've played with a Poor Ping for so long

Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Torak - 13 Oct 2017 10:30 AM
MrBrisbane - 12 Oct 2017 7:47 PM

Solid effort. I was thinking a 1 win to 1 loss ratio would have been a good result and you got pretty close to hitting that mark. 
I haven't played much in the last week as ive been preferring excessive drinking, so haven't had the feel of the new patch.
Connected up NBN last night so hopefully the change from a 3.5mb DL / .9mb UL / 170 ping to a 17MB DL / 5MB UL / 45 ping will see a noticeable difference. Think that might be really beneficial for something like COD though given i've played with a Poor Ping for so long

I think I will have join you and head back to drinking soon :laugh:, I enjoy the game but I am just sick of the cry babies with angry messages after I win. I play games to relax and have some enjoyment with my free time, not listen to little kids, more likely adult babies cry because I can use the market better than them and and make a profit for decent players. 

Just had one sook (Kiwi) give me the old pay2win message after he bottled a 2 nill lead, I came back in extra time and won 6 - 3, he rage quit but the messages just kept coming in. He had the nerve to complain about me watching replays when he did it for his first two goals, I kindly repaid him the favour, glad it pissed him off, I hate replays :laugh:

Anyway on 8 wins and 6 losses at the moment, nothing special, not even sure I will finish off the games this weekend, kind of over fifa for now to be honest. I just recently got NBN as well, really good connection but it still really comes down to the ea servers. They had to extend Futchamps because of stuffups on their end, some games are decent with no lag but others can feel sluggish, like your players are moving in slow motion. 

Edited
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MrBrisbane - 14 Oct 2017 4:05 PM
Torak - 13 Oct 2017 10:30 AM

I think I will have join you and head back to drinking soon :laugh:, I enjoy the game but I am just sick of the cry babies with angry messages after I win. I play games to relax and have some enjoyment with my free time, not listen to little kids, more likely adult babies cry because I can use the market better than them and and make a profit for decent players. 

Just had one sook (Kiwi) give me the old pay2win message after he bottled a 2 nill lead, I came back in extra time and won 6 - 3, he rage quit but the messages just kept coming in. He had the nerve to complain about me watching replays when he did it for his first two goals, I kindly repaid him the favour, glad it pissed him off, I hate replays :laugh:

Anyway on 8 wins and 6 losses at the moment, nothing special, not even sure I will finish off the games this weekend, kind of over fifa for now to be honest. I just recently got NBN as well, really good connection but it still really comes down to the ea servers. They had to extend Futchamps because of stuffups on their end, some games are decent with no lag but others can feel sluggish, like your players are moving in slow motion. 

I always take the higher ground - never watch replays or pull annoying celebrations no matter what my opponent has done.   Also never quit, even if I'm getting smashed.  Used to hate it when other's quit on me - now quite enjoy that they can't hack playing anymore.  Don't play online as much as I could.  Prefer career ,mode.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Benjamin - 14 Oct 2017 6:19 PM
MrBrisbane - 14 Oct 2017 4:05 PM

I always take the higher ground - never watch replays or pull annoying celebrations no matter what my opponent has done.   Also never quit, even if I'm getting smashed.  Used to hate it when other's quit on me - now quite enjoy that they can't hack playing anymore.  Don't play online as much as I could.  Prefer career ,mode.

I normally always take the high ground but on futchamps it really depends on the other player, if they don't watch the replay and skip it I will as well but if they do watch it then I will as well. I hate replays but if I have to sit through their crappy goals then they can sit through mine :). Might try out career mode or the journey and take a break from online, think I have just had too much fifa in general though. 

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Haven't loved a player in FUT like this in a long time

Torak
Torak
Amateur

MrBrisbane - 14 Oct 2017 8:57 PM
Benjamin - 14 Oct 2017 6:19 PM

I normally always take the high ground but on futchamps it really depends on the other player, if they don't watch the replay and skip it I will as well but if they do watch it then I will as well. I hate replays but if I have to sit through their crappy goals then they can sit through mine :). Might try out career mode or the journey and take a break from online, think I have just had too much fifa in general though. 

Ill watch the replays if it is a good goal, but never make people sit through the sweaty bum ones. Im more likely to make them wait during half time and the like if they are going to watch replays.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search