Van Persie to A-League!

Van Persie to A-League!

Author
Boonjeh
Hacker
Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
From twitter:

Hearing rumour Robin Van Persie available & offered to a few clubs in Oz. SFC turned down but WSW & possibly MCity could be a go-fornaroli?

— Elia Santoro (@Elia_Santoro) September 13, 2017

Obviously taking this with more than a grain of salt, but if this did end up being true, it would definitely be a great thing to see. In terms of club, Melb City seems like the logical choice. Haven't WSW used all their visa spots?
You couldn't really imagine a smaller club forking out the money for him. That being said, I'd take him at Newcastle in a heartbeat! Hahaha.
shallow hal wants a gal
shallow hal wants a gal
World Class
World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)World Class (6.6K reputation)

Van Persie would be a perfect replacement for fornaroli, he would definitely qualify for the quest marquee if that's still going on.

I'd take the city group a lot more seriously about their intent to win in the a league a lot more if they made signings like this.
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Would love to see Broxham go through him in a derby.
pv4
pv4
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
a scumbag but i'd love it for him to be my teams scumbag. 
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Would love to see City try fit Cahill, Fornaroli and van Persie in the same starting lineup.

ARNIE= LEGEND

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

RedKat - 15 Sep 2017 10:15 AM
Would love to see City try fit Cahill, Fornaroli and van Persie in the same starting lineup.

RVP would be a fornaroli replacement.  so it would be cahill and RVP.

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Cahill rule has been abandoned.

Qatari owned City Football Group can't get round the salary cap.

RVP could fit the 14 game guest spot which is outside the cap and visa spots.

FFA said no to various players last season for this.
Basically with Gallop in charge, unless the player was a big name in the EPL, no go.
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Paul01 - 16 Sep 2017 7:46 AM
Cahill rule has been abandoned.Qatari owned City Football Group can't get round the salary cap.RVP could fit the 14 game guest spot which is outside the cap and visa spots.FFA said no to various players last season for this. Basically with Gallop in charge, unless the player was a big name in the EPL, no go.

Van Persie=big name in the EPL.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Love to see him here, nearly old enough to join Roar
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

I think that would be the best signing in a league history above del piero in my opinion
I suppose I would finally have to get around to changing my avatar
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Paul01 - 16 Sep 2017 7:46 AM
Cahill rule has been abandoned.Qatari owned City Football Group can't get round the salary cap.RVP could fit the 14 game guest spot which is outside the cap and visa spots.FFA said no to various players last season for this. Basically with Gallop in charge, unless the player was a big name in the EPL, no go.

RVP would be an marquee injury replacement for fornaroli.  and then he could be a guest to fill out the rest of the season.

even if that didnt happen you honestly think the FFA would get in the way of RVP coming under a new cahill rule?

and "unless the player was a big name in the EPL"..  do you even know who RVP is?  one of the biggest names of the EPL in the last 10 years ffs.

Edited
7 Years Ago by inala brah
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Looks like he is more than a little injury prone and is currently injured with a knee problem.
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Was on the bench last week for Fenerbahce. Saw him when I was watching them play Adebayors lot.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

RedKat - 15 Sep 2017 10:15 AM

Image result for 3 old men

Mouthwatering prospect.

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Yes. I know who RVP is.
My point is the David Gallop only seems to know EPL players.

As far as changing rules, rule changes around the salary cap plus exemptions, these should be agreed in the calendar year before the next season ie 31 Dec.

This year the clubs are at war with the FFA board over governance, salary cap and just about everything else.
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

That looks like Yorkshire in the background. Those 3 will probably start in behind Harry Kane at the WC 🇬🇧
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search