Which A-League team to watch in Sydney?

Which A-League team to watch in Sydney?

Author
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Need your assistance please.

Firstly I'm luck that I'll be watching my team Roar play more than ever now that I am temporarily based in Sydney but will travel to watch some of their home games including their opener.

Towards the end of last season I watched Sydney FC but can't stomach Arnold or the style he imposes on his teams. Watched Mariners several times and must admit I enjoyed the experience at the ground and nearby restaurants. Haven't been to a WSW home game yet and wondering what Spotless stadium is like for watching games and to get to.

I need a second team so your advice would be welcome.

In a resort somewhere

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It's gotta be wanderers surely.
paulc
paulc
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Waz - 24 Sep 2017 9:31 AM
It's gotta be wanderers surely.

Depends on the home ground experience. Shame they had to leave Parramatta Stadium.

CCM has a really nice feel at their small ground even with low crowds. Pleasurable drive from North Sydney as well.

In a resort somewhere

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Well I'll wish you luck with your search .... but I'd rather stick pins in my eye balls than watch SFC
Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Yea watching teams win every week is shit. Just like how some of you hate the socceroos because they play well but don't win.
Sydney don't play as great as that but seem to win more often than not.
Never happy
paulc
paulc
Legend

Waz - 24 Sep 2017 9:51 AM
Well I'll wish you luck with your search .... but I'd rather stick pins in my eye balls than watch SFC

LOL........................I know precisely what you mean.

In a resort somewhere

City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

I think SFC play amazing football, each to their own though.
Edited
7 Years Ago by City Sam
paulc
paulc
Legend

City Sam - 24 Sep 2017 10:41 AM
I think SFC play amazing football, each to their own though.

Maybe tactically and technically as Foz would say. I can never get closely attached to another team so as a consumer it has to be an entertainment package which includes match day experience.

Interested to hear more about WSW.

In a resort somewhere

Edited
7 Years Ago by paulc
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ City Sam ... they could sign Messi and I'd still rather stick pins in my eyes. God himself could turn out for them and I'd gladly endure even more pain. There is nothing to like about Sydney, ever.
williamn
williamn
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

southern sydney expansion.
huddo
huddo
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

paulc - 24 Sep 2017 10:51 AM
City Sam - 24 Sep 2017 10:41 AM

Maybe tactically and technically as Foz would say. I can never get closely attached to another team so as a consumer it has to be an entertainment package which includes match day experience.

Interested to hear more about WSW.
Foz is an idiot, bloke spewed filth about arnies style whan arnie was at socceroos and mariners ( especially about the style, even though he taught perfect counter), now arnies a saint because he can take a team with money, and win..
Me im a CCM supporter and there on the way back up, should be an intresting season, espesially with the new imports.
Besides the more support for the CCM the better

paulc
paulc
Legend

williamn - 24 Sep 2017 11:17 AM
southern sydney expansion.

Unlikely to be around Sydney by the time that happens lol, but starting with supporting a new club would have had strong possibilities.

In a resort somewhere

Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Better off supporting CCM or WSW,  that way you will have more chance of seeing your first team beat your second, whereas supporting SFC you will just end up hating them when they inevitably smash Brisbane.

Beaten by Eldar

paulc
paulc
Legend

Eldar - 24 Sep 2017 11:41 AM
Better off supporting CCM or WSW,  that way you will have more chance of seeing your first team beat your second, whereas supporting SFC you will just end up hating them when they inevitably smash Brisbane.

A miserable point you made but for this season I'll take that onboard.

In a resort somewhere

paulc
paulc
Legend

huddo - 24 Sep 2017 11:23 AM
paulc - 24 Sep 2017 10:51 AM
Foz is an idiot, bloke spewed filth about arnies style whan arnie was at socceroos and mariners ( especially about the style, even though he taught perfect counter), now arnies a saint because he can take a team with money, and win..
Me im a CCM supporter and there on the way back up, should be an intresting season, espesially with the new imports.
Besides the more support for the CCM the better

I'm slightly favoring CCM at the moment but won't decide without knowing more about WSW and the logistics before I make the call.

In a resort somewhere

Waz
Waz
Legend

ha ha Eldar - SFC couldn't even smash Roar last season in your "almost-but-not-quite-invincible-season" which will be long remembered for Arnie pleading with supporters to show up bahahahahaha ..,
Eniri
Eniri
Rising Star
Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)

Go to a Sydney darby and while you watch the match decide which team you want to win. 

Also the only boring thing about watching Sydney last season was how other teams failed to break through their defence...  Not Sydney fcs fault really 
paulc
paulc
Legend

Eniri - 24 Sep 2017 12:05 PM
Go to a Sydney darby and while you watch the match decide which team you want to win. 

Also the only boring thing about watching Sydney last season was how other teams failed to break through their defence...  Not Sydney fcs fault really 

Parking the bus and bullying the opposition is not Arnie's fault lol.

Anyway the derby is in the 2nd round I believe. Will be a must but would be difficult to come to a conclusion just based on that. 

In a resort somewhere

RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Lol at people thinking we parked the bus last season . We scored 55 times in regular season and had one of the highest most effective presses. Seems like there seems to be some outdated views on the style stuck from the lavicka and farina days when we were a pretty full side (and even the season before this past one our transition was painfully slow).

But each to their own. Fire sir comes down to do you want to support a team with the highest squad turn over in the league or a team that seems rooted to the bottom half?

ARNIE= LEGEND

Eldar
Eldar
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

Waz - 24 Sep 2017 11:58 AM
ha ha Eldar - SFC couldn't even smash Roar last season in your "almost-but-not-quite-invincible-season" which will be long remembered for Arnie pleading with supporters to show up bahahahahaha ..,

We smashed them on the competition ladder. It's easy to see why that would be off putting to people looking for a second team. Like I said CCM is the go, very likeable little club.

Beaten by Eldar

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Waz - 24 Sep 2017 9:51 AM

Yeah all that winning. Terrible. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Waz
Waz
Legend

ffs. Are you not getting it? SFC could win every game and I'd still say pass the pins .... it's Sydney, that's all there is too it.
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

Waz - 24 Sep 2017 1:04 PM
ffs. Are you not getting it? SFC could win every game and I'd still say pass the pins .... it's Sydney, that's all there is too it.

I love how Roar fans hate us when we dont give a shit at all.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Waz
Waz
Legend

Roar fans? Mate, the whole state hates you lot 😂😂😂
alvn1
alvn1
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 24 Sep 2017 1:45 PM
Waz - 24 Sep 2017 1:04 PM

I love how Roar fans hate us when we dont give a shit at all.
:laugh:apparently we're their biggest rivalry, despite us neither knowing it or giving a shit

Edited
7 Years Ago by alvn1
Waz
Waz
Legend

@ alvn1

And there you demonstrate why so many north of the border loathe NSWs - the rivalry is NOT about you lol.

State v State is designed to appeal locally, it's designed to get in to the media, it's designed to motivate locals to turn up (why would it be about you, you lot can't even be bothered to go to Allianz see a home game).

Marketing for Roar = State v State

Marketing for Sydney = Arnie publicly begging fans to show up 😂

It's a tough gig marketing SFC games up here, it's not our fault you've been shit for the best part of a decade lol
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Waz - 24 Sep 2017 2:33 PM
@ alvn1 And there you demonstrate why so many north of the border loathe NSWs - the rivalry is NOT about you lol. State v State is designed to appeal locally, it's designed to get in to the media, it's designed to motivate locals to turn up (why would it be about you, you lot can't even be bothered to go to Allianz see a home game). Marketing for Roar = State v State Marketing for Sydney = Arnie publicly begging fans to show up 😂It's a tough gig marketing SFC games up here, it's not our fault you've been shit for the best part of a decade lol

They have a bigger attendance than you and the same amount of success.
RedshirtWilly
RedshirtWilly
World Class
World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)World Class (7.5K reputation)

Wanderers @ Parra = Mariners > Sydney > Newcastle > Wanderers @ Spotless
patjennings
patjennings
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Where in Sydney will you working/staying?

Parramatta was great for WSW but Spotless is awful to watch football. Allianz is okay. CCM is a great day. Come up - hit the beaches and seaside cafes and restaurants. A beer or two in Gosford and then across to the stadium. 

Eniri
Eniri
Rising Star
Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)Rising Star (804 reputation)

paulc - 24 Sep 2017 12:09 PM
Eniri - 24 Sep 2017 12:05 PM

Parking the bus and bullying the opposition is not Arnie's fault lol.

Anyway the derby is in the 2nd round I believe. Will be a must but would be difficult to come to a conclusion just based on that. 

As said above, in my view we parked the bus for 20-30 minute stretches maybe 5 times or so last season,  but lots of different opinions on here so your call. 

On the darby thing though I really think that is a great way to get invested.  Whenever I watch a good match as a neutral by the end I have found myself usually barracking for one team.   
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search