Legacies and all that

Legacies and all that

Author
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Well, we're on the brink one way or other, so I pose the question why would Ange chase 30 pieces of silver instead of taking the NT to a second World Cup? What drives the man to pack up at the intermediate level and not seek to scale the heights?

He picked up the scraps after the FFA dumped Osieck (though we'd qualified for Brazil), much to the pleasure of the Aussie football fans, so this is his first qualification program. He is a far better competition coach than he's shown in qualification, so to stay plays to his strengths.

I'd even surmise that he'd be better off staying til after the 2019 Asian Cup and celebrate back to back Championships! That would leave a true legacy!!!!!

Thoughts??????????????????
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

- I think he sees four years as being enough
- he genuinely misses club football
- you can never discount the influence of money
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

bettega - 19 Oct 2017 10:44 PM
- I think he sees four years as being enough
- he genuinely misses club football
- you can never discount the influence of money

Not to mention who is current bosses are. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Footballking55 - 19 Oct 2017 4:29 PM
Well, we're on the brink one way or other, so I pose the question why would Ange chase 30 pieces of silver instead of taking the NT to a second World Cup? What drives the man to pack up at the intermediate level and not seek to scale the heights?

He picked up the scraps after the FFA dumped Osieck (though we'd qualified for Brazil), much to the pleasure of the Aussie football fans, so this is his first qualification program. He is a far better competition coach than he's shown in qualification, so to stay plays to his strengths.

I'd even surmise that he'd be better off staying til after the 2019 Asian Cup and celebrate back to back Championships! That would leave a true legacy!!!!!

Thoughts??????????????????

Why don't you let us know Decentric?

Thoughts??

Member since 2008.

Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

Ange looks pretty unfit these days. I think getting back out onto a paddock on a more regular basis will do him some good and he might cheer up.
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

I assume he is in conflict with the FFA.

He would not want to come out and tell everyone that as it would hurt his chances for his next job
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search