Betting my way to Russia

Betting my way to Russia

Author
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia/

I am in the middle of a 3 part project where I am trying to follow the Socceroos to the World Cup and pay for it with bitcoin I win betting on the games. It's going great so far!

Part 1 - Asian qualifiers against Syria

I had an awesome trip to Melaka and Sydney. It cost me 0.886 bitcoin and I won 0.886 bitcoin betting on the games.

For the 1st-leg I bet on Australian to win or draw (game ended 1-1). For the 2nd-leg I bet on Australia to qualify.

Part 2 - Intercontinental playoff against Honduras

Amazing trip to Honduras. I have spent 0.939 bitcoin and will win 0.947 bitcoin if Australia qualify tonight. I got the bet on before the 1st-leg at odds of 1.83 (54.64% chance of winning) the bet is now up at 1.39 (71.94% chance of winning).

Part 3 - The World Cup in Russia

If the socceroos qualify I continue as per part 1 and 2. 

If the Socceroos fail to qualify and my current bet loses I will have 1.135 bitcoin to make up from this bet plus 0.939 bitcoin expenses on this part of the project. So I would have 2.074 bitcoin to make up by betting on the World Cup itself. There would be no more expenses because I will be watching from home.

Melaka, Malaysia 

Sydney, Australia

San Pedro Sula, Honduras

I am a sports betting expert having working in the industry for 9 years. More pics and details on this project https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia/

Edited
7 Years Ago by Bitedge
montywoodpeg
montywoodpeg
Hacker
Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)Hacker (361 reputation)

Yeah nice, fuck gambling.
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

You have 9k riding on this game? Good luck, for your sake!
racing2win
racing2win
Under 7s
Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)Under 7s (18 reputation)

Best of luck mate! hope it all works out 
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Not a gambler but good post 😎
apillay12
apillay12
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

go all in!!!!
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

Congrats on the 9k m8
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

montywoodpeg - 15 Nov 2017 3:00 PM
Yeah nice, fuck gambling.

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)Hardcore Fan (280 reputation)

Well that went well! I spent 0.939 bitcoin on a great trip going to both playoff games in San Pedro Sula and Sydney. I won 0.947 bitcoin on a bet for Australia to qualify. That is after I had similar success in the Asian qualification playoff against Syria.

I have had the time of my life with amazing travel experiences, caught up with old friends and family, made new friends, visited awesome places, tried delicious food and generally lived the dream!

For the Word Cup itself I have the Australia 3 game team specific ticket and will be able to calculate the expenses soon after the draw in December. Obviously I won't just bet on the socceroos like I have done in qualifying, I will probably use these betting strategies with stop losses.

I made a picture gallery with all the images so far https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia-in-pictures/ 
Edited
7 Years Ago by Bitedge
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Well. Best of luck then. 

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Bitedge - 19 Nov 2017 11:16 AM
Well that went well! I spent 0.939 bitcoin on a great trip going to both playoff games in San Pedro Sula and Sydney. I won 0.947 bitcoin on a bet for Australia to qualify. That is after I had similar success in the Asian qualification playoff against Syria.

I have had the time of my life with amazing travel experiences, caught up with old friends and family, made new friends, visited awesome places, tried delicious food and generally lived the dream!

For the Word Cup itself I have the Australia 3 game team specific ticket and will be able to calculate the expenses soon after the draw in December. Obviously I won't just bet on the socceroos like I have done in qualifying, I will probably use these betting strategies with stop losses.

I made a picture gallery with all the images so far https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia-in-pictures/ 

Will you have a ratchet system to accompany the stop-loss system?
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan

quickflick - 19 Nov 2017 2:10 PM
Bitedge - 19 Nov 2017 11:16 AM

Will you have a ratchet system to accompany the stop-loss system?

I would be more likely to use a .5 kelly criterion, which does increase as you bankroll increases. But given I will have a target profit in mind (the total expenses of the trip) I will probably have a target profit per bet and the amount staked will be determined by the odds.

Anyhow I will wait until much closer to the event to make my plan but I usually do well in tournaments. The golden rule is to bet against England! haha.

quickflick
quickflick
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Bitedge - 19 Nov 2017 2:58 PM
quickflick - 19 Nov 2017 2:10 PM

I would be more likely to use a .5 kelly criterion, which does increase as you bankroll increases. But given I will have a target profit in mind (the total expenses of the trip) I will probably have a target profit per bet and the amount staked will be determined by the odds.

Anyhow I will wait until much closer to the event to make my plan but I usually do well in tournaments. The golden rule is to bet against England! haha.

Haha. Well terrific stuff so far. Not to poo-poo the venture, (as a layperson) I just can't help being very sceptical about betting on tournaments. Surely too tricky to get a decent appraisal of most realistic odds given lack of history? Imo, it's surely far more reliable to have statistics (found in league football) to be able to have a good idea of truest odds and then look for market discrepancies. Maybe it works with arbing (as I don't enough about it), but I don't reckon arbing (with a view to profiting) is my cup of tea.
Edited
7 Years Ago by quickflick
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan

quickflick - 19 Nov 2017 3:28 PM
Bitedge - 19 Nov 2017 2:58 PM

Haha. Well terrific stuff so far. Not to poo-poo the venture, (as a layperson) I just can't help being very sceptical about betting on tournaments. Surely too tricky to get a decent appraisal of most realistic odds given lack of history? Imo, it's surely far more reliable to have statistics (found in league football) to be able to have a good idea of truest odds and then look for market discrepancies. Maybe it works with arbing (as I don't enough about it), but I don't reckon arbing (with a view to profiting) is my cup of tea.

If the lack of history makes it harder to figure the true odds that is more of a disadvantage to the bookie than it is to the punter, as it might result in the bookie posting out of line odds.

I just find the favorite is often too short and there is value on the draw or underdog.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Bitedge
quickflick
quickflick
World Class

Bitedge - 19 Nov 2017 3:39 PM
quickflick - 19 Nov 2017 3:28 PM

If the lack of history makes it harder to figure the true odds that is more of a disadvantage to the bookie than it is to the punter, as it might result in the bookie posting out of line odds.

I just find the favorite is often too short and there is value on the draw or underdog.

I entirely agree that there is a disadvantage to the book as it's trickier for them to have an idea of the truest odds.

But that lack of statistical data is a two-way street. How is the bettor supposed to calculate the truest odds with any mathematical basis? Or is it purely educated guesswork?

If there's a way to navigate that two-way street (which lacks the stats of league football) then great. You can make huge profit.
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan

I have wrapped this up successfully!

I spent 0.629 bitcoin going to the 3 Socceroos World Cup games in Russia (at the time of paying for everything bitcoin was worth 2.5 x more than it is now). Full itemization of expenses is here

https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia-matchday-1-preview/

I won 0.664 bitcoin betting on the games, detailed here

https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia-matchday-1-report/
https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia-matchday-2-report/

Some pics :) 

Kazan

Samara

Sochi

Full details here: https://bitedge.com/blog/betting-my-way-to-russia/
Edited
6 Years Ago by Bitedge
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Olivier salad is my favourite. :)
Pasquali
Pasquali
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

looks like a lovely beach
paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Pasquali - 5 Jul 2018 5:57 AM

It's all rocks. :(
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan

paladisious - 5 Jul 2018 5:09 AM
Olivier salad is my favourite. :)

That was my first time trying horse meet, its delicious! 
Bitedge
Bitedge
Hardcore Fan

Pasquali - 5 Jul 2018 5:57 AM

Now we know why so manny Russian come to Phuket.
paladisious
paladisious
Legend

Bitedge - 5 Jul 2018 6:38 AM
paladisious - 5 Jul 2018 5:09 AM

That was my first time trying horse meet, its delicious! 

Can't say I've ever had horse meat, but that's olivier salad by itself in the middle of it, by the looks of it your pic.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Bitcoin lol

Jack Gambler
Jack Gambler
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Hello, everyone!
How do you feel about sports betting?
I'm a professional copywriter and work for a multi-geo sports related company, HELLSBET if anyone is interested email me and I'll share a link to the resource with you.
Edited
3 Years Ago by Jack Gambler
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search