Will Ange coach us in Russia?

Will Ange coach us in Russia?

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Apparently he was deflecting in post match

ARNIE= LEGEND

Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Putting pressure on the numpties at FFA. He'll be there!
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

I feel happy we qualified. Not how though. It shouldnt have come to this. 

When the first goal went in today and even at fulltime I didnt feel as good as when Kennedy got the header against Iraq. 

Like the experts have said "the national team shouldnt be Anges little experiment lab"
World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

I'm guessing he's going to wait and see what happens with the FFA board. 
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

My hunch is based on the U.S sports thinking where everything is about legacy and wots left behind etc. If things are coming to a head in the corridors of power I think he'll go now and under his terms that being the jobs done. Legacy still intact and history and time will enhance it, right or not.
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

AEK Spartan - 15 Nov 2017 10:55 PM
My hunch is based on the U.S sports thinking where everything is about legacy and wots left behind etc. If things are coming to a head in the corridors of power I think he'll go now and under his terms that being the jobs done. Legacy still intact and history and time will enhance it, right or not.

Surely hes got more to gain though. Winning a game at the world cup playing the Ange way would add to his legacy, or qualifying into the knock-outs would further cement that. That said losing all 3 games probably trashes it a bit. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
A most astonishing interview. I've never heard of a coach who has qualified a team for any World Cup discuss quitting the post just after securing qualification.

There are circa 100 head coaches in the big five European leagues.

Another 40 are coaching in Brazil and Argentina's top divisions.

There are probably circa 20 -30 regular Champ League and late rounds of the Europa league head coaches in the rest of Europe.

This equates to about 170 top level club coaches in world club football. 

Only 32 head coaches go to the World Cup. Even Hiddink, who had just secured a semi-final berth for  his club team, PSV, was desperate to coach on the biggest stage, the WC. So he took the Aussie job.

I can't believe Ange would walk away form a second WC appearance. Something must really piss him off about Lowy and Gallop's conditions for the Socceroo job. They are the decision-makers.

Even if he took a European club coaching job, he could conceivably be sacked in a few months with a few poor results. Hence, he could be out of a job well before the Russian WC commences.

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation

With due respect, US sports thinking exists in a narrow, heliocentric milieu.

They are considered to be very backwards thinking in football.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

It's certainly some game he's playing. I didn't get the feeling that he expected that his meeting with the powers that be will end well.
Edited
7 Years Ago by clockwork orange
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Nope.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Okay, better get that advert in the local rag.
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Ange always leaves before things turn to shit

Waiting around for 7 months just to get his arsed kicked 3 times is not a wise career move.

He can go to Europe now and even if it fucks up, will be welcomed back in the HAL til retirement

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search