Is Perth Glory's advantaged with the Force going into voluntary administration

Is Perth Glory's advantaged with the Force going into voluntary...

Author
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I understand Glory and the Force share facilities, with the facilities held by the Force with heavy subs from WA gov.... 

I wonder aloud if this is good for Glory .... yes I know Twiggy is stepping to create a new comp... 

Glory fans out there is this good for you guys...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-1.-fight/9160868
RugbyWA is going into voluntary administration after the state's rugby body said it cannot afford to pay legal costs being sought over two failed legal attempts to save the Western Force.

The development comes after the Force was cut from the Super Rugby competition earlier this year.

RugbyWA took legal action to try to save the team, but was ultimately unsuccessful.

President Hans Sauer said the ARU had pursued the organisation for costs.

"The amount of money that they are chasing us for is such that we just don't have the resources," he said.

"We've made an offer and it was actually very generous.

"They rejected that, they want every single cent, every drop of blood they can get from us."

sokorny
sokorny
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Midfielder - 17 Nov 2017 11:28 AM
I understand Glory and the Force share facilities, with the facilities held by the Force with heavy subs from WA gov.... 

I wonder aloud if this is good for Glory .... yes I know Twiggy is stepping to create a new comp... 

Glory fans out there is this good for you guys...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-1.-fight/9160868
RugbyWA is going into voluntary administration after the state's rugby body said it cannot afford to pay legal costs being sought over two failed legal attempts to save the Western Force.

The development comes after the Force was cut from the Super Rugby competition earlier this year.

RugbyWA took legal action to try to save the team, but was ultimately unsuccessful.

President Hans Sauer said the ARU had pursued the organisation for costs.

"The amount of money that they are chasing us for is such that we just don't have the resources," he said.

"We've made an offer and it was actually very generous.

"They rejected that, they want every single cent, every drop of blood they can get from us."

Not the Force going into administration but RugbyWA which is the state governing body. I dare say the state government will have to help bail them out (or Twiggy might send them a few bucks).

In regards to the Glory I would imagine costs might go up as facilities won't be shared (unless nib Stadium gives them some deal as the main user now ... with no guaranteed winter fees).
Mark457
Mark457
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

I don't understand how the Force were getting such good government support 8,000 people play rugby compared with 60,000ish playing football in Perth.
RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

Mark457 - 17 Nov 2017 12:52 PM
I don't understand how the Force were getting such good government support 8,000 people play rugby compared with 60,000ish playing football in Perth.

Funnily enough a government department sponsorship of the Force came into question as the last election (Drive Safe?).

Rugby WA actually still owe for the setup of the Force which is essentially why they have no money to pay ARU. How can they service their loan when what they took it our for has been taken from them?

They'd rather see their creditors paid out as much as possible than give ARU a cent.

Rugby WA will be back in some form or another, so no, doesn't really make a big difference to Glory - the real story is whatever happens with the Force. Even if Twiggy sets up his rival competition a significant amount of damage has been to done to Rugby Union in WA - although to be honest I'd rather they succeed at the expense of Australian Rules such that our rectangular stadium is continually seen as a necessary asset.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search