Remember back when Ange was manager of the Socceroos

Remember back when Ange was manager of the Socceroos

Author
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
There were some good times. I was thinking back of the Asian Cup. That period, the build up, the torny and the great moments around winning the big trophy were damn exciting. Happy people, hard work being rewarded and lots of positive media. That's my favourite Ange memory, a man right on top of his game. What's your favourite Ange moment/time? His book?, Interviews? Syrian manager post game?
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Image result for sweaty shirt ange

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Not really a favourite memory but can't remember a Socceroo manager who endured so many shit home pitches whilst at the wheel of the big ship. We would have to be leader in 3rd world pitches outside of 3rd world countries.
AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro

Anyone here ever watched the 30 for 30 sports docos? Just thought of 'Ange and the FFA'
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Getting the team up for brazil 2014 was my fav Ange memory, we didnt get the rewards but the team played with balls and was genuinely unlucky the first 2 games. A far cry from the potential 5-6 goals hammerings we were dreading in the year leading up to it.

The asian cup period was a bit overated for mine, so we beat the likes of kuwait and china..big deal? beating the koreans in the final was a huge result for ange but never understood the excitement that surrounded our wins over teams we would be killing even now. Massimo luongo was the feel good story that elevated ange even higher. Lets not forget many wanted ange sacked before the asian cup and i even remember bozza grilling him before the tournament as we had a few poor friendly results leading up to it. Ange pleaded with everyone not to judge him until after the cup and many still wanted him out.

Actually i can see why ange has developed a bit of a siege mentality, he gets thrown under the bus before he even has the chance to fail.

Pasquali
Pasquali
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

southmelb - 20 Nov 2017 5:23 AM
Getting the team up for brazil 2014 was my fav Ange memory, we didnt get the rewards but the team played with balls and was genuinely unlucky the first 2 games. A far cry from the potential 5-6 goals hammerings we were dreading in the year leading up to it.

The asian cup period was a bit overated for mine, so we beat the likes of kuwait and china..big deal? beating the koreans in the final was a huge result for ange but never understood the excitement that surrounded our wins over teams we would be killing even now. Massimo luongo was the feel good story that elevated ange even higher. Lets not forget many wanted ange sacked before the asian cup and i even remember bozza grilling him before the tournament as we had a few poor friendly results leading up to it. Ange pleaded with everyone not to judge him until after the cup and many still wanted him out.

Actually i can see why ange has developed a bit of a siege mentality, he gets thrown under the bus before he even has the chance to fail.

So do 99.99% of coaches
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Buggalugs 2.0 - 17 Nov 2017 5:35 PM
Image result for sweaty shirt ange

Once upon a time there was a tavern.

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro

👨‍💻🚬☕️
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search