Carson Pickett: I don’t feel that I have a disability [Comments]

Carson Pickett: I don’t feel that I have a disability [Comments]...

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

She certainly doesn’t play like she has a disability. She has been magnificent this season.
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

If anything its an advantage, less chance of hand ball. Would be weird for balance though.
Edited
7 Years Ago by The Frenchman
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

@Frenchmen,not necessarily.If you think about,if you can learn balance better by not relying on arms to counterbalnce errors in foot movement ,you would be technically superior.In Karate for example you dont use your arms for balance,you learn different foot positions and movement to ensure you are balanced all the time and your hands and arms are free to attack and defence.
As an example in moving from a defensive stance to an attacking stance,the transition of the legs and feet are so important,the aim is to retain balance and ensure maximum movement potential in any direction.Even halfway through transition when theoretically you are most vulnerable,the position of the feet ,typically is close to each other, to center the body and allow movement in any direction.
I imagine the same applies to other martial arts.
It's why I always believed Football players of all codes would benefit from cross training.Sometimes people have an innate balance and you can see them as stars in many sports.But most of us are mere mortals who need all the help we can get.
Edited
7 Years Ago by crimsoncrusoe
The Frenchman
The Frenchman
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

crimsoncrusoe - 21 Nov 2017 4:17 PM
@Frenchmen,not necessarily.If you think about,if you can learn balance better by not relying on arms to counterbalnce errors in foot movement ,you would be technically superior.In Karate for example you dont use your arms for balance,you learn different foot positions and movement to ensure you are balanced all the time and your hands and arms are free to attack and defence.
As an example in moving from a defensive stance to an attacking stance,the transition of the legs and feet are so important,the aim is to retain balance and ensure maximum movement potential in any direction.Even halfway through transition when theoretically you are most vulnerable,the position of the feet ,typically is close to each other, to center the body and allow movement in any direction.
I imagine the same applies to other martial arts.
It's why I always believed Football players of all codes would benefit from cross training.Sometimes people have an innate balance and you can see them as stars in many sports.But most of us are mere mortals who need all the help we can get.

I meant initially, but I guess I don't know her whole story, you would adapt quickly to anything like that. I like the insights though, its a weird thing to put thought into, but you've hit the nail on the head.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search