Perth Glory coach Kenny Lowe issues finals guarantee

Author
Lightbulb
Hacker
Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)Hacker (376 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Requiescat in pace!

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Aloisi - I promise we will not finish bottom? 

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

You've got a 60% chance Kenny. Good luck. 
jumbo87
jumbo87
Amateur
Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)Amateur (562 reputation)

It continues to be embarrasing when people act like finishing 6th in a 10 team league is some kind of acheivement.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

next 4 games are away to Victory and Roar, then home to Wanderers and finally away to Adelaide. Needs at least 2 wins to keep the belief. Don't know that he'll achieve that.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Footballking55 - 12 Jan 2018 4:35 PM
next 4 games are away to Victory and Roar, then home to Wanderers and finally away to Adelaide. Needs at least 2 wins to keep the belief. Don't know that he'll achieve that.

Wouldn't be surprised with wins over WSW and Brisbane tbf. 
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Draupnir - 12 Jan 2018 4:22 PM
 You've got a 60% chance Kenny. Good luck. 

That still includes Brisbane though

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Edited
6 Years Ago by Buggalugs 2.0
bluebird
bluebird
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

FFA issues finals guarentee

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

It’s almost the same cr*p coming out over in Brisbane. He just needs to add in the “we’ve been unlucky” bit and it’s a complete set.

hotrod
hotrod
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

highkick05
highkick05
Legend

hotrod - 12 Jan 2018 5:07 PM

"The A-League 2017-18 season"
pik a team or your nose

hotrod
hotrod
Pro

Kenny should put his job on the line.

Should have said that if Glory don't make the finals, he walks.

Put all the cards on the table, because things are beyond getting real now at Glory.

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

hotrod - 12 Jan 2018 10:38 PM
Kenny should put his job on the line.

Should have said that if Glory don't make the finals, he walks.

Put all the cards on the table, because things are beyond getting real now at Glory.

Did you see this one?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/01/12/17/04/perth-glory-coach-kenny-lowe-gives-players-spary-at-training

hotrod
hotrod
Pro

scott21 - 12 Jan 2018 10:40 PM
hotrod - 12 Jan 2018 10:38 PM

Did you see this one?

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/01/12/17/04/perth-glory-coach-kenny-lowe-gives-players-spary-at-training

Wow, looks like there's a bit of pressure on him.

If players are fucking around, they need a rocket up them.

Shanagar
Shanagar
Rising Star
Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)

Game day and dress up day for Melbourne Brisbane tour.
Melbourne has turned on the cool weather for us.

Would love to share Kenny's optimism, so will keep fingers crossed and hope for a major turnaround in fortunes tonight.

My only question for Kenny would be: 
If every team also has their best 11 fit and firing on the pitch at the same time, will we still make it?
And yes all very well we've all these home matches still to come, but I think we've lost 4 of our last 5 at home, including the last 2 dire performances.
It's still all about the way you're playing.
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

hotrod - 12 Jan 2018 10:52 PM
scott21 - 12 Jan 2018 10:40 PM

Wow, looks like there's a bit of pressure on him.

If players are fucking around, they need a rocket up them.

looks like he may have lost the dressing room. sounds like a pretty toxic environment based on those quotes. players need to man up and have a bit of pride and give their best. 
kavorka
kavorka
Amateur
Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)Amateur (663 reputation)

6 team finals series out of a league with only 10 teams...what a way to reward mediocrity and completely undermine the competition
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

Keogh will sort em. Just needs to kick a goal first. I'll wait for you forever Andy

Shanagar
Shanagar
Rising Star
Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)Rising Star (789 reputation)

A better performance, but all we've done is shortened the gap with NZ to 5 points (and they've a game in hand), and worsened our goal difference.
I'm worser with my hopefulness, but if CCM win today they jump above us, if Brisbane beat us Thursday they jump above us and so on.

Normally one waits for the last few weeks to start working out what results need to go your team's way .... we're doing it 12 games out, not a good sign.
aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Your not going to win too many games playing “better” but still shipping 3 goals.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

Shanagar - 14 Jan 2018 6:03 PM
A better performance, but all we've done is shortened the gap with NZ to 5 points (and they've a game in hand), and worsened our goal difference.
I'm worser with my hopefulness, but if CCM win today they jump above us, if Brisbane beat us Thursday they jump above us and so on.

Normally one waits for the last few weeks to start working out what results need to go your team's way .... we're doing it 12 games out, not a good sign.

Mariners leading 2-1 atm.

hotrod
hotrod
Pro

Looks like 9th place come Thursday night.

But hey, all is good as Kenny has guaranteed finals football. 

Leedsboy1963
Leedsboy1963
Under 7s
Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)Under 7s (3 reputation)

It's not really fair when the Sydney and Melbourne teams get an extra 40 percent with there salary cap , how can the rest compete this A league is wrong my team is Glory how do they stand a chance !!
RoyalDave
RoyalDave
Hacker
Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)Hacker (378 reputation)

Leedsboy1963 - 14 Jan 2018 11:30 PM
It's not really fair when the Sydney and Melbourne teams get an extra 40 percent with there salary cap , how can the rest compete this A league is wrong my team is Glory how do they stand a chance !!

Salary cap is BS. No player wants to come to Perth - too far away. We ~could~ entice them with extra $$ but not allowed. This is "AFL thinking" that creates an "even" playing field.

In all seriousness though you have to question Glory's thinking for this season. Pre-season was garbage - they apparently rely on a good run in the FFA cup as a warm-up - load of #$%^&#%$. All went downhill from there.
Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

Remember how everyone loved Serie A in the early 90s when lots of clubs were winning the title? Or the EPL in the late 90s and early 2000s when the title changed hands every year? Or La Liga in the late 2000s when lots of teams won the title because it was evenly matched? Or Ligue 1 now because there's no dominant side? Or the Bundesliga since the 90s until now where lots of teams win the title?

What is seriously wrong with the FFA? How they think a salary cap helps the league and makes sure that it's entertaining is just stupid at this point. Football in this country would be better off if "superclubs" were even possible. 
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

League: One gaffe won’t derail Perth Glory coach Kenny Lowe

Perth Glory coach Kenny Lowe.
Perth Glory coach Kenny Lowe.
Perth Glory coach Kenny Lowe says he thought he was “working in a safe environment” when he unleashed on his players during an expletive-ridden rant in preparation for Saturday night’s 3-2 loss to Melbourne Victory at AAMI Park.

Speaking for the first time since a television camera caught him lashing out during a training session on Friday, Lowe said his actions had not been designed to get a response from his underperforming team ahead of the important game against Victory.

During the emotional spray, shown on news broadcasts later that day, the personable Englishman could be heard saying: “I don’t f***ing deserve that” and “I am a f***ing decent bloke” before finally telling the players to “f**k off” and walking away.

Lowe had been under pressure, losing the previous three games before Saturday night’s defeat, and questions were being asked about his future with the club.

While the West Australians performed superbly against Victory, only going down to a heartbreaking 90th-minute winner from Kosta Barbarouses, Lowe said his rant wasn’t designed to get a reaction from his players.

“It wasn’t for that, it wasn’t to get a response,” Lowe explained after the Victory match. “It was a situation that was dealt with at the time. It was straight forward, something that happens with every football club.

“It just happens the cameras were on and they were not supposed to be and I thought I was working in a safe environment.

“I guess at the end of the day you learn. Maybe next time I get asked a question I won’t answer that guy nicely.”

As for his future, Lowe, who was last week given the support of club owner Tony Sage, played a straight bat.

“I am always confident in myself. People talk about the pressure but I have had that pressure from the first day I got this job and I’ll have it on the last day,” he said.

“Nothing is going to change. You accept these things and you make what you can out of it. “The fact is, this is an enjoyable job. I want to do well and repay the faith Tony has shown in me.

“Really, this is the first blip in my time here.”

While he was delighted with the way his players played and fought against Victory, Lowe bemoaned the fact that silly mistakes are costing his side dearly as they try to stay in contention for the finals.

“We have been in contention in those three games we lost, but we seemed to contribute to our downfall majestically,” he said. “Tonight, their free kick, I don’t know if it was one to start off with, then Cass (Diego Castro) rolls the ball to their centre forward (for the second goal) and the third (goal), I thought the fullback was going to run the length of the field with it (the ball) in his arms ... it was Brownlow Medal material. I think (referee) Shaun (Evans) missed that one.

“But I can’t fault anybody. We fought really hard. They are a good side and we are still really underdone.

“We have had to pull people in, drip-feeding left, right and centre because of our injury problems, and it has been difficult.

“But we are all working hard and there is still a lot of optimism. We can turn it around and hopefully we will have all our top players back soon enough.”

Such is the nature of the A-League that, despite losing 10 of their 16 games to date, Glory are in seventh spot and just a win outside the top six.

For Victory, the win was vital after coming off a loss to Wellington Phoenix midweek.

Kevin Muscat’s men showed plenty of fight to work right to the end to get the winner against Perth when the match seemed destined for a draw.

The three points keep them within sight of a spot in the top four, though they are still 15 points behind leaders Sydney FC.

Dutch import Leroy George continued his impressive season with the Victory, playing a role in all three goals on Saturday night in a classy performance.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/football/aleague-one-gaffe-wont-derail-perth-glory-coach-kenny-lowe/news-story/9f1c5ecf2c5fa2e4b454cb14d1f94813
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

lols
"I'm a fucking decent bloke.... F**k Off !"

Slobodan Drauposevic
Slobodan Drauposevic
Legend

So are the players in a safe working environment when this bloke is talking to them like they're pieces of shit? 
Shanagar
Shanagar
Rising Star

"We can turn it around and hopefully we will have all our top players back soon enough.”

Um .. oh that is all good then.
SUTHERLANDBEAR
SUTHERLANDBEAR
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

Draupnir - 15 Jan 2018 7:15 AM
So are the players in a safe working environment when this bloke is talking to them like they're pieces of shit? 

Are you fuckin serious ?
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search