Round 16: Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory

Round 16: Melbourne Victory v Perth Glory

Author
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
so sick of these pussy referee pricks. bad tackles like that bullsh1t are a disgrace. f--king get rid of the scum c.unts like grant,
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

Don't check the handball, don't even check the line on the through ball to see confirm barba is on, Russian roulette what they check.

Glad Lowe suffered another loss, this guy has no idea, keough on the left is as good as playing with 10 men. Victory are also in a bit of strife copping 2 goals to this rabble.
The Fans
The Fans
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

to be fair i think they've pretty much decided not to use the var at all. games have started to become watchable for me. but whatever the case they need to get rid of it officially too. 
southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

But they're using it because they took ages to clear the Castro goal, yet the barbarouses goal gets a quick restart with 2 dodgy replays that show nothing just a close up of the through ball lol, you're either looking at everything or let them play, I thought Castro was offside as well.
Edited
6 Years Ago by southmelb
The Fans
The Fans
Pro

southmelb - 13 Jan 2018 10:06 PM
But they're using it because they took ages to clear the Castro goal, yet the barbarouses goal gets a quick restart with 2 dodgy replays that show nothing just a close up of the through ball lol, you're either looking at everything or let them play, I thought Castro was offside as well.

eh. i didn't know they were checking, i did notice they were taking a while just thought they were waiting for the players. (don't listen to the commentary.) maybe they only check the goals for teams from outside Melbourne and Sydney. 
sanchez
sanchez
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

I think the opposite side CB (Brox maybe) played Castro on. Only caught it on the last replay (at the ground). I'm behind the goals so couldn't tell live 
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
https://i.gyazo.com/ce2d2f576f9d89e2d6d6432d9e311009.png

At least you tried @FFT
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

sanchez - 13 Jan 2018 10:19 PM

I think the opposite side CB (Brox maybe) played Castro on. Only caught it on the last replay (at the ground). I'm behind the goals so couldn't tell live 

Yea the other CB kept him onside for Castro, I did find it very strange as well on tv that there was not one single good replay to see if Barba was onside, all they showed was dodgy angles away from play while for Castro they showed it about 8 or 10 times nice and close up. 

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

What a great ball from Leroy though.

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

George is incredible.
Seriously everything we create in the final third is through him, he put a few on a platter for Berisha to shank as well.

Is he on a 2 year deal?
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

southmelb - 13 Jan 2018 9:55 PM
Don't check the handball, don't even check the line on the through ball to see confirm barba is on, Russian roulette what they check. Glad Lowe suffered another loss, this guy has no idea, keough on the left is as good as playing with 10 men. Victory are also in a bit of strife copping 2 goals to this rabble.

Yup. 

Beat a badly struggling team and conceded two at home ffs.

Paper over cracks.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators

The VAR has their own setup with multiple screens and a technician; I doubt they're looking at the same shots as they replay on the broadcast.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

paladisious - 13 Jan 2018 11:20 PM

The VAR has their own setup with multiple screens and a technician; I doubt they're looking at the same shots as they replay on the broadcast.

Its not even really that though, just for curiosity at home I would have liked to see the replay again,  watching it live it looked suspect so they definitely had footage of the play, they just chose not to show it to the audience at home.

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
MrBrisbane - 13 Jan 2018 11:27 PM
paladisious - 13 Jan 2018 11:20 PM

Its not even really that though, just for curiosity at home I would have liked to see the replay again,  watching it live it looked suspect so they definitely had footage of the play, they just chose not to show it to the audience at home.

Fair enough. I wouldn't go calling conspiracy though, producing live TV is hard and picking the right shot while things are happening in real time isn't always easy.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend

paladisious - 13 Jan 2018 11:37 PM
MrBrisbane - 13 Jan 2018 11:27 PM

Fair enough. I wouldn't go calling conspiracy though, producing live TV is hard and picking the right shot while things are happening in real time isn't always easy.

Oh for sure, not saying any conspiracies just thought it was strange at the time, I watched the highlights on foxsports main page and it shows he was onside so all good, was a great ball and goal watching it again.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/aleague-live-stream-melbourne-victory-v-perth-glory-wellington-phoenix-v-western-sydney/news-story/8167b6c0bb329ed5dcef5dcecb6d8bc9

southmelb
southmelb
World Class

aussie pride - 13 Jan 2018 11:05 PM
George is incredible.Seriously everything we create in the final third is through him, he put a few on a platter for Berisha to shank as well.Is he on a 2 year deal?

Barbarouses has been huge past month as well...its both flanks doing everything...the rest are average.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend

Barba has been absolute shit a for a long time now. That goal was a beauty though good on him. Sometimes you get a lucky break

walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

southmelb - 14 Jan 2018 12:10 AM
aussie pride - 13 Jan 2018 11:05 PM

Barbarouses has been huge past month as well...its both flanks doing everything...the rest are average.

The guy has actually learned to back himself in and shoot - he has been one of the better players this season for sure.
scubaroo
scubaroo
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

walnuts - 14 Jan 2018 7:12 AM
southmelb - 14 Jan 2018 12:10 AM

The guy has actually learned to back himself in and shoot - he has been one of the better players this season for sure.

Hes been putting in the next but he kill alot of build up play.  
Besart is our main issue, bumbling around the box, killing every quick counter, not contributing to the build up. Bitterly disappointed with him.
We need another striker on the bench to put a bit of heat on him, he is good enough to respond to that. 
crimsoncrusoe
crimsoncrusoe
World Class
World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)World Class (7.1K reputation)

I have no idea how VAR works.I caught the last 15mins of that game and when I saw the ball brought down from the goal keeper kick,i thought geez that looks like hand ball.Then I thought Barba was close to offside.
No problem let's just see when VAR review.WTF ..no review?
I dont follow either team and had a few dollars on MV.But how VAR did nothing is beyond me,when i think back to a Roar game when they went back so far to find an offside.
Lately it's easy to think that VAR favours teams,because it happens a lot.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 13 Jan 2018 11:08 PM
southmelb - 13 Jan 2018 9:55 PM

Yup. 

Beat a badly struggling team and conceded two at home ffs.

Paper over cracks.

-PB

agree. we are absolute poo. Perth lost 6-0 to Sydney then had consecutive losses at home. Perth are just about the worst team going around right now and we only just beat them at home. but at least the second half very entertaining. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search