FFA not doing enough to promote the game at a crucial time for Australian football, writes Robbie...

FFA not doing enough to promote the game at a crucial time for...

Author
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
@cov

Here is the fixture draw

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/blob/26ccf6ca2b61ffb4b89ce96171ad3006

Games aren't moved randomly. The fixtures are set before the season starts. WSW v WP was postponed due to stadium availability,
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Coverdale - 14 Jan 2018 4:22 PM
@derider. ACA!?! You’re avin a larf

No, not ACA. I meant proper current affairs programs, like the ones you occasionally get on ABC and SBS. 
Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Thank scott21. I got that at the start of the year. Am I expected to stick it in my fridge or something? My point is, I’m a hardcore A-League fan, been so since day zero. I support no other league or sport. I know games are on but honestly I have no idea who is playing who or what the summer football festival schedule was. I see no A-League advertising anywhere outside official emails. Lord knows what the less dedicated fam has visibility of...
aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

You can just check on the Internet.....

Or download an app

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

scott21 - 14 Jan 2018 4:46 PM
You can just check on the Internet..... Or download an app

Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

scott21 - 14 Jan 2018 4:46 PM
You can just check on the Internet..... Or download an app

It is really that simple, hell even if you are the laziest person around, all it takes is typing in "A-League" in  google and you have all the fixtures for the week, literally takes two or 3  seconds depending on how quick you can type. 

I'm not even a "Hardcore" fan this season, couldn't care less about watching other teams unless there is nothing else on and still manage to know when all the games are on. 

Edited
6 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Derider - 14 Jan 2018 2:21 PM
RedshirtWilly - 14 Jan 2018 1:29 PM

How do you get by without TV in the 21st century?  No news, series, documentaries, sport, nothing? No wonder you don't know when the a-league's on. I imagine there'd be many other things you miss out on by choosing to live like that. Must be terribly boring. It's not really something you should be proud of. I advise plugging your TV back in. Foxtel is insultingly expensive, but at least get Netflix or something!  

Aha I love the incredulity in this post.

I personally do watch Netflix and stream United games but the fact your mind can't comprehend a world without television is fantastic. Everyone needs a passion I guess.

I could easily survive with books + internet news/science/culture sites and in fact I wish I wasn't so lazy and did just that instead of spending Sunday nights scratching my arse watching Blacklist wondering whether I do actually like it or I just like James Spader's twitch face acting.
Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

Davide82 - 15 Jan 2018 1:58 PM
Derider - 14 Jan 2018 2:21 PM

Aha I love the incredulity in this post.

I personally do watch Netflix and stream United games but the fact your mind can't comprehend a world without television is fantastic. Everyone needs a passion I guess.

I could easily survive with books + internet news/science/culture sites and in fact I wish I wasn't so lazy and did just that instead of spending Sunday nights scratching my arse watching Blacklist wondering whether I do actually like it or I just like James Spader's twitch face acting.

I'm sure you could survive with just books and the internet, but I have no idea why you would want to. Reading books and watching TV don't need to be mutually exclusive. Personally, I sometimes like passively watching the news or a science documentary without having to click through articles and videos. I also like the cricket, tennis, premier league. Why would I want to stream that shit if I can just turn on the TV and watch the coverage?  I'm not saying anyone should watch it 24 hours a day, but there's no doubt that it can be a pretty useful device. It makes no sense to never watch it seemingly out of some old-fart principle. It's kinda stupid. 

melbourne_terrace
melbourne_terrace
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Derider - 15 Jan 2018 3:32 PM
Davide82 - 15 Jan 2018 1:58 PM

I'm sure you could survive with just books and the internet, but I have no idea why you would want to. Reading books and watching TV don't need to be mutually exclusive. Personally, I sometimes like passively watching the news or a science documentary without having to click through articles and videos. I also like the cricket, tennis, premier league. Why would I want to stream that shit if I can just turn on the TV and watch the coverage?  I'm not saying anyone should watch it 24 hours a day, but there's no doubt that it can be a pretty useful device. It makes no sense to never watch it seemingly out of some old-fart principle. It's kinda stupid. 

Because everything you've just listed can be done just as well and easily streamed through the internet than just browsing through the extremely limited platform that is Australian Free to Air TV. 

Viennese Vuck

Coverdale
Coverdale
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Yep there is not 1 single thing on fta that would compel me to watch
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search