Has the FFA / FIFA / Clubs / State Feds Deal been done.

Has the FFA / FIFA / Clubs / State Feds Deal been done.

Author
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Little bird told me this .... how reliable... better than a bloke you just met in a pub have gone....but not somebody you put money on.

Anywho the problems may all be over... according to the little bird ... FIFA have almost reached agreement with all stakeholders including FFA.

A-League to be independent and pay somewhere between 15 & 20  % of its revenue to FFA ...

The clubs getting independence no longer care about votes at FFA ...

FFA will have an over riding authority to step in if they see something being done not to the advantage of Football.

Not the best source but swears its true...  
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Interesting.. If true I wonder how that leaves the votes and parties like AAFC sitting. FIFAs letter said they were keen to involve the AAFC and co.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

bigpoppa - 10 Feb 2018 6:32 PM
Interesting.. If true I wonder how that leaves the votes and parties like AAFC sitting. FIFAs letter said they were keen to involve the AAFC and co.

From what he said the AAFC will be a significance part .... whatever that means.. 

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I doubt it. This doesn't make much sense either. FIFA didn't come just for the APFCA they came for the congress.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

TheSelectFew - 11 Feb 2018 8:40 PM
I doubt it. This doesn't make much sense either. FIFA didn't come just for the APFCA they came for the congress.

You could well be right right that's why I put it in the rumour thread.... the bloke that told me is reasonably senior with a large Sydney based association and a client of mine... so not the best source and my guess he is only repeating what he heard or has been told... but he swears its true ... as I said better than a stranger in a pub but not something I would put money on...

We will find out soon enough anyway...
bigpoppa
bigpoppa
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

@selectfew

I think if APFCA can be satisfied in way of independent A-League as suggested above with FFA getting a % they deem sufficient. Then it would make FIFAs job a whole lot easier I would assume.

NSW and VIC want different things to the APFCA and in reality all the APFCA want is to control their league and their destiny.
Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

Sums are interesting

It’s reported that Hal gets somewhere between 70 & 80% of FFA revenue.

Let’s pick the middle and say 75%.

FFA earned 100 million and say 75% of this belongs to Hal… i.e sponsorships, media, finals etc.

So 75 million, of which FFA returned to the clubs 32 million, and say they spend 15 million on A-League travel and administration, 2016 & 2017 Acc’s.

So of the 75 million, FFA return 47 million, and keep 28 million, plus their own earnings. Being fair FFA lost easily this amount when AFC took away the media rights and in return pay 1 million for each home game and IMO this is the major problem.

Assume in the new media deal 114 less FFA revenue is 90 million, add club sponsorship & crowds so another 50 million meaning the clubs revenue is 140 million. 140 million at 20% is 28 million.

Obviously all of these figures are my guesses … however the numbers work and fit in nicely …

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

bigpoppa - 12 Feb 2018 10:03 AM
@selectfew I think if APFCA can be satisfied in way of independent A-League as suggested above with FFA getting a % they deem sufficient. Then it would make FIFAs job a whole lot easier I would assume. NSW and VIC want different things to the APFCA and in reality all the APFCA want is to control their league and their destiny.

But that's the small print of the big print. They are looking at independence across the board from my understanding. Switching from one leader to the other does very little.

Midfielder
Midfielder
Pro

TheSelectFew - 12 Feb 2018 10:29 AM
bigpoppa - 12 Feb 2018 10:03 AM

But that's the small print of the big print. They are looking at independence across the board from my understanding. Switching from one leader to the other does very little.

Except if they get independence by default ... say an agree time frame and procedures is set in place for P & R plus a bona fida expansion phase is developed....they have what they want ... 

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

nope. fifa have proven to be pretty toothless through this.  

remember there was going to be a normalisation committee?  

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend

inala brah - 20 Feb 2018 4:37 PM

nope. fifa have proven to be pretty toothless through this.  

remember there was going to be a normalisation committee?  

Understandably got delayed. There was going to be no way that a normalisation commitee was to be installed so soon. This is a multi national billion dollar company and owner. It was never going to happen without due process and a chance of self normalisation. These things involve lawyers and business men and women. No way was it to be sorted out on the day. This may be dragged out beyond mid-year.

Expansion won't happen either as a result. AL clubs will delay them so they can control it. Sydney FC, WSW and CCM are all affected directly if Southern Expansion get in before the FIFA decision.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search