Will Millwall prove Cahill's demise? [Comments]

Will Millwall prove Cahill's demise? [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

He's not getting injured

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

phutbol
phutbol
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Cant see why they'd sign him, make a big song and dance of #thereturn and then not play him. 

I'm sure he'll get a decent run. just needs to grasp it straight away when the chance comes. I wouldn't bet against him when it happens...
johnsmith
johnsmith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.5K reputation)

phutbol - 21 Feb 2018 6:34 PM
Cant see why they'd sign him, make a big song and dance of #thereturn and then not play him. 

I'm sure he'll get a decent run. just needs to grasp it straight away when the chance comes. I wouldn't bet against him when it happens...

That's what we thought when Cahill returned to the A-League, and he made a great start with that long range wonder goal - but then somehow he never got selected. When I read the article, it made sense. Too much competition. If he couldn't get a game at Melbourne City, what makes him think it'd be easier at Milwall?

Derider
Derider
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

phutbol - 21 Feb 2018 6:34 PM

I reckon it's a smart signing. Get a proven goal scorer for nothing. I'll be surprised if he breaks into the first team, but I'm not ruling it out. Cahill has proved me wrong before. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Theory: Cahill found that he couldn't get a guaranteed first team starting place in any league he wanted to play in, so called on an old friend to get him a low paying short-term deal, in the hope that just training at Championship level would be considered better than playing in a 'C' grade league.  Meanwhile, Millwall get to add a few supporters to the gate for nostalgia and also get an impact player to come off the bench for 10-15 minutes if they are chasing a game and want to chuck long balls into the box.
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Benjamin - 22 Feb 2018 3:07 PM
Millwall get to add a few supporters to the gate for nostalgia and also get an impact player to come off the bench for 10-15 minutes if they are chasing a game and want to chuck long balls into the box.

aka perfect preparation for the world cup
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search