Cahill: My Millwall move wasn't about the World Cup [Comments]

Cahill: My Millwall move wasn't about the World Cup [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

This guy just spews shit from his mouth.

Im sure theyll be an article out there from when he signed saying hes there to win a place in the WC squad.

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

It’s one last shot at the title,” he said, speaking about the World Cup.
“The decision can’t be made two months before you get there and you think ‘I should have tried this’.
“My experience of playing 20 years in the game, it’s something I’ve assessed properly. It’s a calculation.

OR

"Qualifying for the World Cup has been a great adventure, and it would be a massive honour to represent my country in Russia. That will be my focus in the coming months," he said in a statement.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/dec/06/tim-cahill-leaves-melbourne-city-casting-doubt-over-world-cup-hopes

Massive flog
sethman75
sethman75
Pro
Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)Pro (2.5K reputation)

He is taking a dump on the A League and rightfully so.

Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

My move to Millwall is all about ..... Legacy ..... don’t you see?
Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

See ya later Timmy.
The Tony Abbott of Australian football. Stop putting microphones in front of them and we won't need to hear their ego dribble.
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

its not like anyone would be upset with him for wanting to be his best for the world cup?
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

grazorblade - 23 Feb 2018 3:23 AM
its not like anyone would be upset with him for wanting to be his best for the world cup?

But its not about the World Cup according to Timmy
Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

Sorry Timmy, you are losing more and more respect by the day.

At his age, he should now be looking to take steps towards retirement, but instead he wants to have a go at those who have given him an opportunity.

Let’s not forget that his Melbourne City deal was for 3 years, with the 3rd year to transition to a coaching role. It seemed completely geared to the World Cup, so to say otherwise on his part is odd to say the least. He knew the score.

Best of luck to him, but stop with the BS along the way.
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

Giving himself an out if he doesn’t get game time and doesn’t make the WC.
Funny how testing yourself against the best wasn’t an issue when he was getting the big bucks in the MSL and China?
Most fans in Australia want to be able to love Timmy, but geez he makes it hard sometimes.
I fear if he misses the WC squad there’ll be some sort of backhanded put down about the game in Aus being at fault, and he’ll leave us all with a ‘bad taste’ in the same way Lucas Neill did.
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Didn’t he say publicly in an interview straight after the Honduras win that he needed to leave and go somewhere he is going to play so he will be right for the World Cup?
clockwork orange
clockwork orange
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

@ Savic. I think Timmy’s ego is more the Kevin Rudd size - and the dummy spit if he misses the WC will be similar to Rudd’s when he was not given the chance to lead the UN and save the world.
tomw
tomw
Pro
Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)Pro (4.4K reputation)

clockwork orange - 23 Feb 2018 7:37 AM
Most fans in Australia want to be able to love Timmy, but geez he makes it hard sometimes.

This so much.
Feed_The_Brox
Feed_The_Brox
Pro
Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)Pro (3.4K reputation)

I interpret it far more differently. I reckon it means Bert has told him he's on the plane to Russia irrespective of game time. He left City because Ange had quit and was worried the new coach wouldn't pick him if he didn't get regular game time. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search