Okon: We've never trained harder this season [Comments]

Okon: We've never trained harder this season [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

aussie scott21
aussie scott21
Legend
Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)Legend (20K reputation)

Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

scott21 - 23 Feb 2018 1:09 AM

So shiny!

Josh
Josh
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

They’re trying too hard!

Wait they’re not trying hard enough!
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Train and recruit smarter. Mariners have the right coach. Just need about 4 solid players to join. I'm a bit annoyed at Glover not getting minutes. All respect to Kennedy but Glover needs the minutes. 
Waz
Waz
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

“We’ve never trained so hard this season” ... why not, why wait until the end of the season??
Madjet
Madjet
Super Fan
Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)Super Fan (100 reputation)

No money No crowds = wooden spoon
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Biggest fraud in Australian football coaching & has been rewarded for failure every step of the way.  

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

This is Okons second tseaosn in charge? When do people start to take off the goggles and realise he's just bog average?
Edited
6 Years Ago by n i k o
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

n i k o - 24 Feb 2018 1:48 AM
This is Okons second tseaosn in charge? When do people start to take off the goggles and realise he's just bog average?

to be fair average exceeds my expectations
superpom
superpom
Super Fan
Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)Super Fan (169 reputation)

to be fair....this is the first season he's actually had a squad with players he's selected....last season he replaced Walmsley just before the season started so already had the squad picked for him. Most of the squad this year is a big improvement on last year but still a few to clear out. IF he's still there next year and IF he gets money for the players he needs, then I expect the Mariners to be challenging for top 4 at least (the second IF is a biggie....the owner does not like spending money). 
Angus
Angus
Pro
Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)Pro (4.7K reputation)

It is very worrying that CCM increasingly looked completely cooked by 70 minutes in their last few games if they are really training harder than ever.
go you yellow
go you yellow
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Angus - 24 Feb 2018 9:03 AM
It is very worrying that CCM increasingly looked completely cooked by 70 minutes in their last few games if they are really training harder than ever.

I keep hearing the players are fit working hard, but as you say the last 25-30 minutes of the last few games we are falling so flat, making more errors in passing, handing over possession, stop moving the ball forward etc. There is something wrong.

Another point, one of the most noticeable issues in our midfield with Hoole and also DSD is they overplay the ball, Hoole will try and beat the 4 players surrounding him rather than playing a fast ball to an attacking player, allowing the defence to get settled and then he either loses possession or once he does pass it - its poor and the ball is turned over quickly after. DDS is also guilty.
Angus
Angus
Pro

go you yellow - 24 Feb 2018 10:16 AM
Angus - 24 Feb 2018 9:03 AM

I keep hearing the players are fit working hard, but as you say the last 25-30 minutes of the last few games we are falling so flat, making more errors in passing, handing over possession, stop moving the ball forward etc. There is something wrong.

Another point, one of the most noticeable issues in our midfield with Hoole and also DSD is they overplay the ball, Hoole will try and beat the 4 players surrounding him rather than playing a fast ball to an attacking player, allowing the defence to get settled and then he either loses possession or once he does pass it - its poor and the ball is turned over quickly after. DDS is also guilty.

I don't know if it is that so much as the others not making the runs. Powell makes so few runs. Skapetis looked better. As soon as Hoole saw DDS making that top little run in front of the defender he played the ball and we scored. Normally there is no-one making that run. The first game DDS came back from the U23 he was constantly playing the ball through to where the runner should have been...but there was never anyone there. Since then he holds on to the ball and turns and plays sideways after nobody else has promoted themselves, allowing the defense to set and CCM to always be looking to score through a pile of players.

City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

grazorblade - 24 Feb 2018 3:04 AM

to be fair average exceeds my expectations

Is average 10 wins in 48 games? Not including being knocked out in the cup by a lower league team.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search