Dean Pay Confirmed As New Bulldogs Coach

Dean Pay Confirmed As New Bulldogs Coach

Author
ethelena
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Pay, 48, will coach the Bulldogs for the next two NRL seasons. 

The former Bulldogs prop was one of the club's best players during the early 90's. 

He represented Australia on multiple occasions, as well as the NSW Origin side. 

After retiring as a player, Pay has coached multiple youth sides, including the NSW U20's and Melbourne Storm U20 side. 

He has since been the assistant at Paramatta Eels (2013) and Canberra (2014-present).

"It's a tremendous honour to be offered the Head Coach's role at a club that I loved playing for," Pay said in a statement.

"Having learnt under some great coaches I now believe that the time is right for me to step up into the Head Coach's role. 

"The Bulldogs have a great history and tradition and I'm looking forward to the chance to work with a talented group of players, where respect and discipline will be the cornerstones of how we go about our business. 

"The club has great foundations, facilities, staff and an incredible fan base. It is important that we work hard to make our supporters proud." 

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search