'We don't have anything like him as a player...' [Comments]

'We don't have anything like him as a player...' [Comments]

Author
FTBLbot
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

bruno
bruno
Super Fan
Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)

442bot - 16 May 2018 9:00 AM

Spot on Tony. Looking forward to watching this kid develop.
MarkfromCroydon
MarkfromCroydon
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Theoharous is similar, and no, he's not as good as Arzani at getting past players, but he's in the same vein, however he hasn't been given the same chances to show it.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I guess that’s the main thing people are trying to say about Arzani, he does things rarely associated in Australian players which is going past people by the dribble and if he doesn’t beat his man he will create some degree of doubt in the defender(s) and will create space for others to take advantage of.

Apart from him and maybe Theohaurous from what I’ve seen also there is also a couple of u17 boys in Brook and Najjarine who can do similar but not in the same degree as Arzani does on a consistent basis, overall we don’t have many coming through.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Barca4Life
bruno
bruno
Super Fan
Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)Super Fan (107 reputation)

Barca4Life - 16 May 2018 10:56 AM
I guess that’s the main thing people are trying to say about Arzani, he does things rarely associated in Australian players which is going past people by the dribble and if he doesn’t beat his man he will create some degree of doubt in the defender(s) and will create space for others to take advantage of.

Apart from him and maybe Theohaurous from what I’ve seen also there is also a couple of u17 boys in Brook and Najjarine who can do similar but not in the same degree as Arzani does on a consistent basis, overall we don’t have many coming through.

Sadly running at opponents has been coached out of our elite junior players for years. Passing game is over done. I don't get it. For me, that's why we have so many predictable, robotic players. Initiative, creativity crushed for the sake of safe, possession at all costs football. Defenders hate players running at them.
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

MarkfromCroydon - 16 May 2018 9:31 AM
Theoharous is similar, and no, he's not as good as Arzani at getting past players, but he's in the same vein, however he hasn't been given the same chances to show it.

That's because he is behind the greatest winger the A-League has ever seen in Leroy George lol. Arzani had no competition at City.
jas88
jas88
World Class
World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)World Class (5.9K reputation)

walnuts - 16 May 2018 11:27 AM
MarkfromCroydon - 16 May 2018 9:31 AM

That's because he is behind the greatest winger the A-League has ever seen in Leroy George lol. Arzani had no competition at City.

maybe if MusCAT gave him more chances.. he might be more developed. But gotta collect those toilet bowls.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I hope he at least get a chance in the friendly's to seal his spot, cause I'm not overly confident he's done that yet 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

bruno - 16 May 2018 11:24 AM

Sadly running at opponents has been coached out of our elite junior players for years. Passing game is over done. I don't get it. For me, that's why we have so many predictable, robotic players. Initiative, creativity crushed for the sake of safe, possession at all costs football. Defenders hate players running at them.

Spot on !
As much as the passing/possesion game is great when you got a complete unit capable of doing so the game always needs its X factor players, this is what makes the game great to watch, not just a game of chess but exciting players taking on defense's and having a crack from outside the box, in the box, wherever they naturally think to have a go.
Think of Suaraz/Messi/Ronaldo/Salah/Firmino's - this is the beautiful gamers and Arzani is our new light locally finally !
We need a number more of them in the future and just hope Arzani does get the chance/s, doesn't get over rawed and plays his game.
Our budding watching Youth needs to see him do it.

Love Football

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

Its one of my pet hates also when i see the odd youth game these days, i dont see many wingers or forwards try and take on forwards, that's how you develop the good 7, 11 and 9s by allowing them to try things and take risks, thast why they supposed to do.

I dont mind the structure but there is too much of it, let the players express themselves espeically in the final third.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

LFC. - 16 May 2018 11:45 AM

Spot on !
As much as the passing/possesion game is great when you got a complete unit capable of doing so the game always needs its X factor players, this is what makes the game great to watch, not just a game of chess but exciting players taking on defense's and having a crack from outside the box, in the box, wherever they naturally think to have a go.
Think of Suaraz/Messi/Ronaldo/Salah/Firmino's - this is the beautiful gamers and Arzani is our new light locally finally !
We need a number more of them in the future and just hope Arzani does get the chance/s, doesn't get over rawed and plays his game.
Our budding watching Youth needs to see him do it.

Hopefully Arzani could be an inspiration for the kids to hopefully mimic him, kids gets inspired by Messi and Ronaldo but someone like Arzani could be a game changer given his an aussie. 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search