Maclaren wants German exit [Comments]

Maclaren wants German exit [Comments]

Author
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
johnszasz - 17 May 2018 4:40 AM
Appears he had culture shock too. Writing Germany off completely is a bit odd. 

I can't see how you can interpret his words as targeting the whole country, obviously he was referring to his experience with the club.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
People that meet someone in a fan/player scenario aren't really going to have massive insights into their "good blokedness".

Maclaren might well be a sweetheart but these comments sound like petulant, yet understandable, sour grapes at missing the world cup thanks to a disrupted season.

Hopefully he channels this anger and starts the season on fire and wins us the Asian Cup.

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

Yeah Pala. 

Its a ridiculous claim that he slagged the entire country.  He said he didn't want to go back to Germany. The only reason he is there in the first place is to play football.  

The claim he wouldn't 't score against quality opposition is no different to what was said by Mooy-yet two weeks ago Mooy matched Kante in the EPL and a few days ago matched Arsenals midfield.

Several times he talks about Darmstardt making money off him if they choose to sell.  He's presenting a win-win to them.
tsf
tsf
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Hey jamie

“Frings can only get better...

Can only get better”

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

paladisious - 17 May 2018 10:24 AM
BRFC_92 - 16 May 2018 4:16 PM

This.

need a poll

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

kiwi keith
kiwi keith
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

I've alway's considered Jamie McLaren a quality striker, and I think he's proved that at Hibs; this season.  I also consider Neil Lennon a very good Football Manager/Coach.  He's(that is JMac) still young enough to make a suitable impression in Europe.  All the best to the lad.
mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Just need to put a German flag on Isa's face :laugh:

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Enzo Bearzot
Enzo Bearzot
Pro
Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)Pro (4.8K reputation)

That act (its not a tackle) on Isaias is disgusting.  That's a type of moment I would have no problems with Isaias punching Maclarens jaw all the way through to the back of his skull.  .
kaufusi
kaufusi
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Extremely unprofessional. Her can go play against Ross County for the rest of his career as he'll probably never play on the continent again
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

grazorblade - 16 May 2018 1:58 PM
Barca4Life - 16 May 2018 1:52 PM

Well if he had culture shock and a bad employer I can relate to that

It's a terrible feeling

If you are refering to the german people and how they work then i can understand that part too.

Ruthless culture.
Mr B
Mr B
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

johnszasz - 16 May 2018 5:11 PM
Darmstadt took the piss. They talked him up to the media. They played him all pre season and he did very well only to bench him when the season started. He was then thrown on to save games and instructed to just run anywhere.

He had a point blank shot brilliantly saved in Kaiserslautern. That was his best game. After that things went crazy. In winter, the former manager returned and had a lot of his previous players as favourites. 

Summed it up well, I don't see anything too wrong with what he said personally. 

They treated him like shit and they obviously were not interested in him once the old manager come back hence they were happy enough to ship him off elsewhere, I doubt things have changed if its still the same manager that returned after the other one got the boot. 

Some people read way too much into things, he is not slagging off the country as a whole, he is talking about the club not the country. You can't expect him to be happy about going back to a club that have treated him poorly.

He could have expressed him self better but I'm sure his manager will be having a few words with him on the side. 

Keep banging in them goals Jmac, onwards and upwards lad.

Edited
6 Years Ago by MrBrisbane
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search