Ponting Takes Rare Honor.

Ponting Takes Rare Honor.

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

Two-time World Cup winning captain Ricky Ponting has been inducted into the prestigious ICC Cricket Hall Of Fame. Joining the second top  Test run scorer in history is former Indian star bat and captain Rahul Dravid and former Women Cricketer of the Year Claire Taylor.

Ponting, who retired in 2012, captained Australia to a pair of undefeated runs at the 2003 and 2007 World Cups, and was also a member of the title-winning squad in 1999. He was named ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2006 and 2007 and has now become the 25th Australian player to find a place in the Hall of Fame.

"I feel deeply honoured to be recognised by the ICC in this way," Ponting said. "I loved every moment of my journey as a player and am so very proud of the team and personal achievements along the way."

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search