WC Final. Croatia vs France

WC Final. Croatia vs France

Author
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
donesi to kući

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

The cream always rises to the top in the WC. 

Australia will not get anywhere close to this until we start producing players capable of playing for Real Madrid & Barcelona. 
walnuts
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

socceroo_06 - 13 Jul 2018 10:13 AM

Australia will not get anywhere close to this until we start producing players capable of playing for Real Madrid & Barcelona. 

Bingo - the only player close in the last 20 years was Harry Kewell. The rest of the GG had good, solid careers but Kewell was the only one who was genuinely world class in my opinion. Playing UCL semis with Leeds, being tracked by Barcelona, moving to Liverpool, winning the UCL with Liverpool. Kewell in his prime was the closest we had to that scenario.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

socceroo_06 - 13 Jul 2018 10:13 AM

australia wont get anywhere when we keep turning up to be spectators.  ange was right.  our eyes need to be on the prize.  qualifying isnt enough.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Go Croatia. 
LFC.
LFC.
Legend

johnszasz - 13 Jul 2018 5:34 PM
Go Croatia. 

Love Football

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I tipped France to win the tournament at the start of the WC. Don't let me down!!!! Allez les Bleus!!!

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

i tipped france. the fact that croatia went through extra time and france get an extra days rest will give france an edge in my opinion
Volkira
Volkira
Hacker
Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)

Modric vs Kante is where it will be decided.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

these guys have been a bit hit and miss on this world cup.. basically cause everything they predicted has failed.  

but...

TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

inala brah - 14 Jul 2018 5:49 PM
these guys have been a bit hit and miss on this world cup.. basically cause everything they predicted has failed.  

but...

Mate predicting this WC has been a god damn nightmare. Theres only one thing that I have predicted and that's France were to win the WC and that was under threat from day 1.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

The unpredictability of the Cup has made it fun. With the Argentina scraping through, Germany knocked out, Russia doing so well, Brazil getting taken down a peg by Belgium.

Hope Croatia can take it all the way. Would like another country to win it.
WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Go France!
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Been to France a few times (and not just Paris, either)

Their art galleries are fantastic, their parks and gardens are beautiful, the food is excellent, the comedies they produce are generally funnier than your standard Hollywood effort and (as something of a part-time rail buff) their trains put ours to shame by a long shot...

However I can't stand that superiority complex they have. I've not found French people to be rude towards me whenever I've been there- but there's definitely that Gallic arrogance to their national psyche. I don't understand why people associate the French with romantic or sexual appeal- their women are average by European standards (Croatia wins the 'Girls of the WC' battle hands-down in that regard) and I don't find the accent endearing whatsoever. Listening to French people talk is like listening to somebody with a head-cold. 

Furthermore, the divers in their current national squad piss me off. That plus the idea of a WC win giving them further justification for that superiority complex turns me right off them and has me backing the Croats for this one- even though I'd much rather have seen tonights' runner-up Cup as the WC Final.

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Edited
6 Years Ago by Captain Haddock
Holding Bidfielder
Holding Bidfielder
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

I have made some horror predictions so far.....I tipped Germany to win with Brazil second and Spain third.....none of them even made it to the semis. France has been the only consistent tip that has won every time....pretty confident they will win this decisively now though.
Even though the French arent perfect I dont have a problem with them winning....they have loads of talent and have shown some genuine quality in the knockout stage. 2010 Spain and 2006 Italy were far more unlikeable winners IMO.

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-15/world-cup-final-why-croatia-will-win/9984680

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

TheSelectFew - 14 Jul 2018 5:58 PM
inala brah - 14 Jul 2018 5:49 PM

Mate predicting this WC has been a god damn nightmare. Theres only one thing that I have predicted and that's France were to win the WC and that was under threat from day 1.

maaaaaate it's not so much the predictions, it's how assured they were about their game analysis which is were they missed the mark.  they have also been a bit lazy in their analysis and haven't done their homework, yet tried to speak with authority on the subject.  generally i like the tifo videos, but this world cup has shown me that they are a bit full of shit at times.

i loved this world cup because all the typical know it alls in football punditry missed the mark.  ekspecially the english.  

Edited
6 Years Ago by inala brah
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

I dont support either team but Im so pumped for this game! Only happens once every four years boys!
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Cmon Croatia, a new winner please
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

Great to be watching the World Cup Final. Go France!
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

France vs Croatia. Not exactly recent world beaters. I'm trying to envisage some sort of 'drama' in this game.

France's squads have been a shitstorm in prior WC's and Croatia are the most boring average team year after year, even there style of play is pretty dire.

Oh well, go Croatia though, seems most Australian's are behind them and I like an underdog.

Giroud to get a hand ball in the box in the last 60 seconds to give Croatia a pen  ! Croatia 1-0  ! Would be my dream finish 

Then someone to break his legs in extra time

AEK Spartan
AEK Spartan
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

Fresh Prince
bohemia
bohemia
World Class
World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)World Class (8.6K reputation)

This is legit the shittest pre match entertainment of any sporting event in history
Captain Haddock
Captain Haddock
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Who was that brunette in the gold dress dancing next to the drum, just before the break.

Could've fed the ducks to that!

There are only two intellectually honest debate tactics: (a) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s facts, or (b) pointing out errors or omissions in your opponent’s logic. All other debate tactics are intellectually dishonest - John T. Reed

The Most Popular Presidential Candidate Of All Time (TM) cant go to a sports stadium in the country he presides over. Figure that one out...

Gyfox
Gyfox
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

France to win.
highkick05
highkick05
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

bohemia - 16 Jul 2018 12:42 AM
This is legit the shittest pre match entertainment of any sporting event in history

sound is pretty average, couldn't hear will smith. bahh i like it, sick of the spoofed up prematch bs. gets worse and worse

highkick05
highkick05
Legend

World Cup at stake, expect both teams to get pretty serious

World Class
World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)World Class (6.9K reputation)

highkick05 - 16 Jul 2018 1:00 AM
World Cup at stake, expect both teams to get pretty serious

You would certainly hope so
Holding Bidfielder
Holding Bidfielder
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

France will win this, no doubt. They have been switched on since the quarters and wont stop now.
Mbappe will win Best Young Player and Modric will win the Golden Ball despite Croatia losing IMO.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search