FIFA 19

FIFA 19

Author
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
skip to about 5 mins to see how manager mode 07 shits all over the current 'career mode'

"Dont buy FIFA 19"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRsOlLQxNk

the video link thing is fkd

Edited
6 Years Ago by inala brah
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

*If you want to play career mode or clubs, don't buy FIFA 19

FIFA 07 career mode was the GOAT tho. That FIFA got me into career mode
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

aufc_ole - 13 Aug 2018 3:37 PM
*If you want to play career mode or clubs, don't buy FIFA 19

FIFA 07 career mode was the GOAT tho. That FIFA got me into career mode

that means dont buy FIFA 19, for most people

A.Haak
A.Haak
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

inala brah - 13 Aug 2018 6:01 PM

Thought most people bought FIFA to play online tbh, haven't played a career mode for many years.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Do you play football manager?
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
A.Haak - 15 Aug 2018 9:24 AM

Thought most people bought FIFA to play online tbh, haven't played a career mode for many years.

I rarely play online...  Usually play career mode - but it seems the more powerful it gets, the less realistic it becomes.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

aufc_ole - 15 Aug 2018 1:03 PM

Do you play football manager?

not since the 90's

i like to be able to play the games.

should give PES another run out. i still haven't moved on from PES 05 and 06.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

inala brah - 12 Aug 2018 4:42 PM
skip to about 5 mins to see how manager mode 07 shits all over the current 'career mode'

"Dont buy FIFA 19"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRsOlLQxNk

the video link thing is fkd

Totally forgot how good career mode 07 was. Annoying only was the stadium upgrade always gave a generic massive thing that didn't really suit my club. Current FIFA should really have a 'design your own stadium feature.' I know football manager is more this way but I'd like to have the Madden function of setting food prices and parking etc. Make it a bit like Zoo Tycoon where you need to satisfy your fans.
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpwd5OmR1Hg

Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend

im with that dude. not buying a new game for a roster update and some reskins.

i can update the roster myself.  already done a couple leagues. not buying this again until they fix career mode. 

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I mainly play ultimate team and I hate to admit I am actually enjoying the game play so far, I say so far because EA always listened to the cry babies and they change it for the worst.

This season acutally takes skill when you are passing, no more can you simple ping pong the ball around with perfect precision.

Timed shooting actually has made the game better as it harder to perfect, last season most people just did low drivens but this season they have changed it a little but low drivens are not as effective. 

Anyway enjoying so far, just using ea access to play it early on xbox. 
Edited
6 Years Ago by WSF
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

anywhere to get the game early on thursday night? 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

Watched career mode so far and it seems so similar. The new tactics look interesting and detailed. Hugging the sideline etc seems to work and the engine reacts accordingly. I'll probably wait for the price to drop.

johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

ACL is in. 16 teams over four groups: four from China, four from Japan, three from Korea, three from Saudi Arabia and two from Australia.
Boonjeh
Boonjeh
Hacker
Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)Hacker (350 reputation)

I’m pretty frustrated. I’ve been playing FIFA 19 for a few days now and was a few hours into a career with the Jets and then I got fired before the A-League season even started in my FIRST SEASON! I couldn’t even do any of the objectives because they all had to be done later on (e.g get to play offs, qualify for ACL r16 etc). And I even won the pre-season cup.
So I’m feeling pretty bummed... I had even trained a few players to become a fair bit better and was building a solid looking team (and even scouted 3 youth players with 60+ skill and 4+ skills moves!)
So I just deleted that career and am contemplating what to do now...

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Boonjeh - 3 Oct 2018 12:03 PM
I’m pretty frustrated. I’ve been playing FIFA 19 for a few days now and was a few hours into a career with the Jets and then I got fired before the A-League season even started in my FIRST SEASON! I couldn’t even do any of the objectives because they all had to be done later on (e.g get to play offs, qualify for ACL r16 etc). And I even won the pre-season cup.So I’m feeling pretty bummed... I had even trained a few players to become a fair bit better and was building a solid looking team (and even scouted 3 youth players with 60+ skill and 4+ skills moves!)So I just deleted that career and am contemplating what to do now...

that's bizarre i was going to try career mode have not played it in years
Wells
Wells
Weekender
Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)Weekender (26 reputation)

Boonjeh - 3 Oct 2018 12:03 PM
I’m pretty frustrated. I’ve been playing FIFA 19 for a few days now and was a few hours into a career with the Jets and then I got fired before the A-League season even started in my FIRST SEASON! I couldn’t even do any of the objectives because they all had to be done later on (e.g get to play offs, qualify for ACL r16 etc). And I even won the pre-season cup.So I’m feeling pretty bummed... I had even trained a few players to become a fair bit better and was building a solid looking team (and even scouted 3 youth players with 60+ skill and 4+ skills moves!)So I just deleted that career and am contemplating what to do now...

Hey bud, I'm having the same problem with Sydney FC and someone else said that this was happening with Melbourne City. I've tried resetting career and trying again 10+ times and got fired straight after the 1st match. This is clearly a broken feature as its happening to a lot of A-League users making this mode unplayable. I've posted on the EA bug forum to raise this but, I doubt they will look at it without more people posting this as a problem. If you go to this link and post a reply saying your experiencing this as well it might get EA to investigate and hopefully fix.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/A-League-Manager-career-mode-bug/m-p/7076606#M787

Bryn FC
Bryn FC
Fan
Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)Fan (81 reputation)

I gotta admit i buy Fifa each year since the first PlayStation was released and so far i really enjoyed FUT on FIFA19

The game seems a little slower now that it's not all about speed, so it's more enjoyable playing a passing game and building up play and being rewarded

The last few years felt little boring as it seems everyone wanted to play long balls to the same old quick forwards, and it was getting annoying.

Although i did see that FM19 was just released last week, and it looks like a winner from the reviews, and I'm tempted to spend some time on it once the first update is released

I've still got my copy of Championship Manager 93 that got me hooked many moons ago
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Still haven't bought FIFA 19. Changed some sliders on FIFA 18 and have found a new joy in it. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Wasn't going to buy FIFA19.  100% wasn't going to do it.  No way.

Went to Target yesterday - Black Friday sale - half price...  Couldn't say no...  So didn't say no.

Career mode - played 8 games, won 3, drew 3, lost 2.  No changes (that I've noticed) in the actual career mode itself.

Gameplay - a little frustrating but seems a little more realistic - passing is softer and less accurate, but at the same time I've noticed it's a lot easier to smack a through-ball across the line to feed a winger...  That said, pace seems to have been abandoned, none of my forwards can hold off defenders in a straight race at goal...  Tackling, more particularly the after affects - players getting to their feet, etc., seems more realistic, it seems the WANT to get up now, whereas in FIFA18 they seemed happy to lay there for a few second first...  Shooting can be a pain in the backside...  Some of the shots need to be timed, others are fine with the old style finish.  One on ones, so far, have tended to end with a weak flub rolled back to the keeper rather than the raking drive across the keeper into the far post...  Which may mean I'll have to learn a new trick!

Overall it appears to favour a lot of passing and patience, which is fine because that's the way I've always preferred to play.
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend

Had Fifa 19 a week. Feels a bit rigid still. I often play best with Championship teams and players arond 65-75. Top clubs seem way too quick and weird. Perhaps I need to change game speed to fast. I know they wanted to make it more like a real football match hence the game speed feels much slower. 
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

I think it's possibly the most annoying version of the game yet...  Can't stop playing it, but every time I do so I get frustrated with it.

I play on Legendary level, I don't like to touch the sliders - because I consider that cheating. 

I've noticed on this version that I'm 'just' under Legendary level.  Either the game has changed a little, or being in my late 40s my reactions just aren't what they were...  It's to the extent that if I play 10 games (any club in any league), I'll most likely win 3, draw 3 and lose 4....  However, if I go to the sliders and alter the AI 'acceleration' from 50 to 49...  Touch nothing else...  I'll win 7, draw 2, lose 1.  Those results are fine, but I still feel like I'm cheating by altering that slider!

Also...  The impact of pace is so reduced in this game that you can now use just about any kind striker up front or out wide, so don't spend money on the fast ones.  I know I've said the sliders feel like cheating, but they could improve the game radically by adding a slider that increased the differential between players of different paces...  I don't want all my players to be faster than my opponents, which I can already do with the sliders, I want the fast players to be faster than the slow players...
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

johnszasz - 3 Jan 2019 3:50 AM
Had Fifa 19 a week. Feels a bit rigid still. I often play best with Championship teams and players arond 65-75. Top clubs seem way too quick and weird. Perhaps I need to change game speed to fast. I know they wanted to make it more like a real football match hence the game speed feels much slower. 

One of the best career modes I ever played I only allowed myself to play players ranked under 70.  If a rating slipped up to 70 I'd sell the player.  Basically my squad was between 67-69.  Made it a real challenge (because as a Sunderland fan I find the game completely unrealistic once I can sign superstars and compete for the league title!!) - it feels much more realistic to have a shower of shite fighting to stay in the league rather than demi-Gods running away with trophies!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search