So many people want us to fail

So many people want us to fail

Author
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The sport fans bogans, eurosnobs, the media even some npl fans but on Wednesday we say we’re not going down without a fight!
femski
femski
Amateur
Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)Amateur (695 reputation)

Group: Banned Members
What do you expect when half the pricks are anti round ball game others are npl loving smfcmike types who bag the aleague when there are major issues in npl ( fees, corruption etc).
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 10:25 AM
The sport fans bogans, eurosnobs, the media even some npl fans but on Wednesday we say we’re not going down without a fight!

The thing you aren't understanding is that your clubs management aren't doing you any favours whatsoever.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 10 Dec 2018 11:39 AM

The thing you aren't understanding is that your clubs management aren't doing you any favours whatsoever.

do go on.. 
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Try being a Wellington supporter...……..

Wellington Phoenix FC

WSF
WSF
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

nomates - 10 Dec 2018 11:42 AM

Most of the time I am just stirring, I honestly couldn't care either way, the league is just stale.
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Do you think AU fans would like a second team being created call the "oranges" that played out of the same Stadium.
Do you think Brisbane people would like a second team playing out of the same stadium called the "Meow".
We all know SFC and WSW do not want a third team in Sydney. This 3rd team would at least have its own area and Stadium.
etc
On top of that you target the kids then show no "heart" in the way you play. That is really poor. The most important thing in football is your heart!

I could go on.

I am all for a second (and a third team ... ) team in Melbourne. However City need to go. Bad idea that gets worse with time.

Full  trophy cabinet (but yours looks a bit empty) !
Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 11:40 AM
azzaMVFC - 10 Dec 2018 11:39 AM

do go on.. 

Your club is a talent farm for young Australian footballers, to be then on sold to Man City or elsewhere. They make their investments here for a couple of reasons. One, is the first I mentioned, Two, is for funnelling funds to help with tax, etc.

The City Group doesn't care for the results on the pitch, the crowds, bringing marquees down here, etc. City could have the best team in the league each season but choose not to. There isn't much benefit for them. At the least they could be playing in the ACL and getting the 'brand' out there, but the Melbourne franchise are pretty far down the pecking order in comparison to the others. It will be interesting to see what happens once the salary cap goes, if any of this changes.

The benefits - there is one - development of Australian players in the countries best football facilities. This does bode well for the future of national teams, so they must be commended for this, however it will be at the expense of results on the pitch for the senior team.
Arthur
Arthur
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

You're club is doing a good enough job on its own.

SoccerLogic
SoccerLogic
Amateur
Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)Amateur (646 reputation)

Let's just all agree we want Australia to win the world cup one day and work on achieving that.
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

the comments about my club and cfg don't offend me they are accurate.
I am very upset with them we should never have lost arzani he needed one more season here.

someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

On top of points others have already mentioned. Next to nobody in Australia (especially in Melbourne) likes or supports Manchester City in the EPL. There is an absolutely huge number of Liverpool, Manchester United and Chelsea supporters (to name just a few). No-one that supports any of those clubs (or any other EPL club) is going to support a club owned by CFG. Not only that, they are going to have a genuine disdain towards that club.
Then there is the issue of the clubs origins. Melbourne very much needed a 2nd club, instead we were given Heart. Everything about Heart was ill conceived. For that reason many view the club as a massively lost opportunity.
So basically Melbourne City is a club nobody wanted owned by a group nobody likes. For that reason it's easy to look past the many positives that the club brings to Australian football, especially in relation to their academy and the womens' game.
Edited
6 Years Ago by someguyjc
P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Wednesday ?

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 12:24 PM
the comments about my club and cfg don't offend me they are accurate.
I am very upset with them we should never have lost arzani he needed one more season here.

I do not think anybody is having a go at "Melbcityguy'.
He seems like a good guy who is not in here to put others down with cheap shot pics.
I feel for most of the city supporters. They wanted a club to follow. They pick the wrong one. They get dis-heartened. They drop out of the A league.
To be in a position to win a world cup we need football to be much bigger in Victoria. Non Victorians probably do not grasp the issues we have here.
City (in their current format) are part of the reason why this is not evolving.

Reigning BACK2BACK 442 A League and World Cup (Mens and Womens) Tipping Champion - so yeap, I do know best !

Edited
6 Years Ago by Iknowbest
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

I’ve been worried about cfg ever since that stuff up with David villa so nobody is telling me anything I don’t know.

But myself and our small but passionate fans aren’t going to stop supporting them we have heaps of memories and have committed to the club. So as frustrated as I am I will never change my support to a sexier club just because she has a nice stadium.
Luka74
Luka74
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 1:24 PM
I’ve been worried about cfg ever since that stuff up with David villa so nobody is telling me anything I don’t know.But myself and our small but passionate fans aren’t going to stop supporting them we have heaps of memories and have committed to the club. So as frustrated as I am I will never change my support to a sexier club just because she has a nice stadium.

WIll be interesting to see what happens if & when the league becomes partly or wholly independent of the FFA. If that happens then we could see CFG start to throw some coin around and start winning trophies. Then the fans will come. You only have to see the way people drop off their AFL clubs when they are losing to see people in Melbourne only follow teams when they are winning. 
Until then sit back and enjoy watching the W League side kick ass. 
Iknowbest
Iknowbest
Semi-Pro

lukasdean32@gmail.com - 10 Dec 2018 1:48 PM
Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 1:24 PM

WIll be interesting to see what happens if & when the league becomes partly or wholly independent of the FFA. If that happens then we could see CFG start to throw some coin around and start winning trophies. Then the fans will come. You only have to see the way people drop off their AFL clubs when they are losing to see people in Melbourne only follow teams when they are winning. 
Until then sit back and enjoy watching the W League side kick ass. 

The first sentence makes sense.
The rest is just total rubbish. Are you from Melbourne?

Luka74
Luka74
Under 7s
Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)Under 7s (7 reputation)

Iknowbest - 10 Dec 2018 2:02 PM
lukasdean32@gmail.com - 10 Dec 2018 1:48 PM

The first sentence makes sense.
The rest is just total rubbish. Are you from Melbourne?

Yeah I am from Melbourne, don't follow AFL but go along with to matches with friends regularly. Im basing my statement on their interest levels, in particular Richmond supporters. 10 yrs ago no one went to the games outside of against other "big four" teams. Now after winning they have 100,000 members. In my experience at least supporters of most clubs are the same. This idea of Melbourne as a sporting capital is utter rubbish. People hop on/off as much as they do anywhere else.
Vanlassen
Vanlassen
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

More people would rather Melb City becomes a success than a failure. We might not openly express this because we are not Melbourne City supporters but we want all Australian clubs to be a success. Couldn't care less for Wellington, sorry Nomates.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

lukasdean32@gmail.com - 10 Dec 2018 4:02 PM

Yeah I am from Melbourne, don't follow AFL but go along with to matches with friends regularly. Im basing my statement on their interest levels, in particular Richmond supporters. 10 yrs ago no one went to the games outside of against other "big four" teams. Now after winning they have 100,000 members. In my experience at least supporters of most clubs are the same. This idea of Melbourne as a sporting capital is utter rubbish. People hop on/off as much as they do anywhere else.

This is true and it is because all sporting teams in Melbourne are essentially CBD based. Because of it there are lots of people who don't really have a strong connection with a team.
Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

vanlassen - 10 Dec 2018 4:06 PM

More people would rather Melb City becomes a success than a failure. We might not openly express this because we are not Melbourne City supporters but we want all Australian clubs to be a success. Couldn't care less for Wellington, sorry Nomates.

Captures me pretty well.
hames_jetfield
hames_jetfield
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

I just want the Roar to fail.

bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

lukasdean32@gmail.com - 10 Dec 2018 4:02 PM

I would have thought the Richmond example proves the opposite

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

hames_jetfield - 10 Dec 2018 6:30 PM
I just want the Roar to fail.

That'd be a good start

FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans

southmelb
southmelb
World Class
World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)World Class (5.8K reputation)

If the club was run like an actual Melbourne team it would get a bit more love, I was there for the Sydney FC game, good crowd of 12,000 granted half of us got in for free thanks to maccas, here is a chance to showcase the club, I’m there for the pre game and I’m forced to sit through a CFG w@nkfest, I’m seeing man city’s epl winning trophy paraded to the crowd much to the dismay of myself and 11,990 people who follow other epl teams. That’s when it hit me, Melbourne is a complete afterthought here, they simply don’t care, so why should anyone else?

What shits me is because of the above we are told another inner Melbourne club can’t work, yet the owners of this club run the joint like they don’t even want it to be one.
Edited
6 Years Ago by southmelb
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

OP must be taking the piss with this thread
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

I made this thread about expansion on Wednesday not Melbourne city
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 9:19 PM

What are the odds on a delay?

What are the odds on Southern Expansion?

What are the odds on it all going belly up in 2 years time?

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro

Melbcityguy - 10 Dec 2018 9:19 PM

So;who is failing ?

Who is us ?

paladisious
paladisious
Legend
Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)Legend (40K reputation)

Group: Moderators
nomates - 10 Dec 2018 11:42 AM

You should tell that to people in Wellington lol
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search