Thread about a legally sensitive topic

Thread about a legally sensitive topic

Author
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Hi all,

There was a thread in this forum about a legally sensitive topic that is under a court suppression order. I'm not sure whether what was discussed there crossed any lines but I've made the thread private until we can get a clear answer. Your posts aren't gone, you just won't be able to see them.

Yes I agree it's farcical, especially as we all know about it but better to be safe than sorry.

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

mouflonrouge
mouflonrouge
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Yes understood.

better safe than sorry.

Kevin Airs
Kevin Airs
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

mouflonrouge - 13 Dec 2018 8:33 PM
Yes understood.

better safe than sorry.

mcjules - 13 Dec 2018 8:14 PM
Hi all,

There was a thread in this forum about a legally sensitive topic that is under a court suppression order. I'm not sure whether what was discussed there crossed any lines but I've made the thread private until we can get a clear answer. Your posts aren't gone, you just won't be able to see them.

Yes I agree it's farcical, especially as we all know about it but better to be safe than sorry.

Yup, has to be, unfortunately. It is ridiculous, but it is the law. Thanks McJules.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Yup, not worth getting arsed over.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

P&R will fix it 2.0
P&R will fix it 2.0
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Why not just lock new posts ?

All you have done is hidden information

Rather Ironic unfortunately

Closed HAL is failing with 10 teams
Closed HAL failed with 11
FFA forced to try a 12 team Closed HAL thatll just create 2 more mid table also-rans
and still this weird 16-team panacea gets trotted out. 
Theres a sticky for this nonsense
https://forum.insidesport.com.au/1617388/The-Aleague-Expansion-Thread

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

I don't know what thread contained this legally sensitive information or what was written but I can assure you I'm outraged & this forum will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.   

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

So can we discuss this now?

-PB

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 4 Feb 2019 10:31 PM
So can we discuss this now?

-PB

I've yet to see any mainstream Australian media sources writing articles about it so I'd say no?

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

mcjules - 5 Feb 2019 12:16 AM
paulbagzFC - 4 Feb 2019 10:31 PM

I've yet to see any mainstream Australian media sources writing articles about it so I'd say no?

Ahh was gonna say, the articles I saw were from abroad (named the person and the charges etc)

-PB

mcjules
mcjules
World Class

paulbagzFC - 5 Feb 2019 9:39 AM
mcjules - 5 Feb 2019 12:16 AM

Ahh was gonna say, the articles I saw were from abroad (named the person and the charges etc)

-PB
No worries. Thought I'd missed something but I think it'll be hard to miss once it drops!

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Details are now public.

George Pell found guilty for sexually abusing two boys while he was Archbishop of Melbourne.

-PB

Kamaryn
Kamaryn
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 26 Feb 2019 11:42 AM
Details are now public.

George Pell found guilty for sexually abusing two boys while he was Archbishop of Melbourne.

-PB

Don't know how to feel about this. I'm pretty anti-Catholic at times, and they have definitely been complicit in great abuse. I hope they catch a hell of a lot more of these criminals, and if Pell did it then I'm glad he was found guilty

But I fear this one was a stitch up - the other supposed victim (now dead) says he was never accused; Pell obviously denied it; the officials of that church say the supposed context for the 2 boys to be alone with him would be impossible; and experts state that the robes he was wearing wouldn't allow him to get his junk out and do that like the complainant stated.

This is why I personally hate sexual assualt cases. I'm obviously not saying we shouldn't have them, but the competing claims of 2 parties mean we as the public will never really know and I never know whether to celebrate justice or mourn injustice.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Kamaryn
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search