’Scary' strikers are Socceroos’ X-factor on Road to Qatar [Comments]

’Scary' strikers are Socceroos’ X-factor on Road to Qatar...

Author
Inside Sport Bot
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
’Scary' strikers are Socceroos’ X-factor on Road to Qatar

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/scary-strikers-are-socceroos-x-factor-on-road-to-qatar-519485

Volkira
Volkira
Hacker
Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)Hacker (320 reputation)

Inside Sport Bot - 19 Feb 2019 12:05 AM
’Scary' strikers are Socceroos’ X-factor on Road to Qatar

https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/scary-strikers-are-socceroos-x-factor-on-road-to-qatar-519485

"Scary". Really?? to who?

newton_circus
newton_circus
Amateur
Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)Amateur (692 reputation)

Volkira - 19 Feb 2019 2:08 AM

We didn't scare Asian countries like Uzbekistan and Jordan. So I'm unsure who from the other confederations will find our frontline scary in Qatar (thats if we will even qualify)

Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Scary strikers? Misleading headline...
Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Socceroos fans
socceroo_06
socceroo_06
Pro
Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)Pro (2.7K reputation)

Sensationalist headline, which is unsurprising.

I do think coming out of the Asia Cup that Mabil & Ikon's performances have certainly added to the eclectic mix of attackers, but there still isn't that one guy we can rely on to pinch a goal when it counts [ie. Cahill]. 

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Group: Moderators
Davide82 - 19 Feb 2019 12:14 PM

Socceroos fans

He's talking about in the future as they develop 
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

StiflersMom - 19 Feb 2019 1:47 PM
Davide82 - 19 Feb 2019 12:14 PM

He's talking about in the future as they develop 

Our striking stocks are improving imo.

The guys mentioned in the article will only improve.

David Williams looks a much better player. I like the look of Kaine Shepherd too.

Young players like DWH, Majok, Blackwood, Ivanovic and Yeboah are starting to make their mark. Others like Stamatelopoulos, Najjar and Roberts will sooner or later too.

I can't remember the last time when we had as many Aussie strikers doing well. The future is bright.
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

The word strikers being associated with the socceroos is more confusing to me than the word scary.  
zord
zord
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)Hardcore Fan (212 reputation)

ErogenousZone - 19 Feb 2019 2:59 PM
The word strikers being associated with the socceroos is more confusing to me than the word scary.  

First of all mabil and Ikonomidis aren't strikers. They're more like overlapping wingers which we have plenty of

When we talk about our lack of striking depth it's the guy in the middle who just has to put the ball in the back of the net, a pure no.9 where we have absolutely no one. 

The article is completely misleading and stupid.
Footballking55
Footballking55
Pro
Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)Pro (3.3K reputation)

sub007 - 19 Feb 2019 1:54 PM

David Williams looks a much better player. I like the look of Kaine Shepherd too.

Young players like DWH, Majok, Blackwood, Ivanovic and Yeboah are starting to make their mark. Others like Stamatelopoulos, Najjar and Roberts will sooner or later too.

I can't remember the last time when we had as many Aussie strikers doing well. The future is bright.

Ouch! DWH is almost 22. For him to only just be beginning his A League journey is way too late. Similarly Blackwood. and Yeboah (add in his lost years overseas) And D Williams, sorry no. Some opportunistic goals of late, but they are very VERY late - 30 in 160 type late, and he's the wrong side of 30 already. Blackwood looked absolutely lost on Friday night.
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

David Williams is a finished item he had his chance well early in his career in Denmark, he's hardly set the world since.

DWH just coming in and showing some promise as a wide forward, Majok's touch isnt good enough yet, Blackwood has a decent game but needs to do more with goals, Ivanovic at 18 is young with great feet but too early to call on him, Yeboah came back after playing 4th german football.

The rest are young are dont have enough experience at this level, but they got potential if they got more game time to develop.

The rest are unproven at a-league level let alone at international level, they have a long to go before we can judge them as Socceroo potential.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Barca4Life
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Footballking55 - 19 Feb 2019 4:03 PM

Ouch! DWH is almost 22. For him to only just be beginning his A League journey is way too late. Similarly Blackwood. and Yeboah (add in his lost years overseas) And D Williams, sorry no. Some opportunistic goals of late, but they are very VERY late - 30 in 160 type late, and he's the wrong side of 30 already. Blackwood looked absolutely lost on Friday night.

Did you even see Blackwood play on Saturday? He had a good game and was the members man of the match.

As for Williams, he hasn't scored opportunistic goals. They have been tidy and composed and he has played better than Taggart has. He's only 30 too.
sub007
sub007
World Class

Barca4Life - 19 Feb 2019 4:21 PM

David Williams is a finished item he had his chance well early in his career in Denmark, he's hardly set the world since.

The rest are unproven at a-league level let alone at international level, they have a long to go. 

I'm not saying the rest should be in the squad now. I'm saying they have bright futures and could well be in the squad in the future.

As for WIlliams, he's in pretty good form, best I've seen from him.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
Barca4Life
Barca4Life
Legend

sub007 - 19 Feb 2019 4:23 PM
Barca4Life - 19 Feb 2019 4:21 PM

I'm not saying the rest should be in the squad now. I'm saying they have bright futures and could well be in the squad in the future.

As for WIlliams, he's in pretty good form, best I've seen from him.

Problem with Williams is he's 30 years old, its too late for international level unless he was banging them in overseas at a decent level in Europe.

The young talent is promising they just need to work hard and develop, we have seen many young strikers with potential but haven't fulfilled it for reasons we dont know. (Bulut and Babalj come to mind)
sub007
sub007
World Class

Barca4Life - 19 Feb 2019 4:29 PM
sub007 - 19 Feb 2019 4:23 PM

Problem with Williams is he's 30 years old, its too late for international level unless he was banging them in overseas at a decent level in Europe.

The young talent is promising they just need to work hard and develop, we have seen many young strikers with potential but haven't fulfilled it for reasons we dont know. (Bulut and Babalj come to mind)

30 isn't too old imo. 

I agree with your second point. They have to keep working and push themselves.

As for Bulut and Babalj, attitude was their issue. 
johnszasz
johnszasz
Legend
Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)Legend (27K reputation)

We're most likely going to use Giannou and have Boyle and Leckie on the flanks. Ikon and Arzani are perhaps still best as impact players and Mabil is a gun. Our attacking stocks are good but not our target men and finishers.

It's an exciting time with the Asian Cup allowing Mabil and Ikon to shine. The question now is whether Arnold is going to exploit things or get found out again. 

Having Irvine and Milligan play deeper that our fullbacks saw us extremely flat. 
sirhcdobo
sirhcdobo
Amateur
Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)Amateur (699 reputation)

after watching Majok in the youth league final i am surprised that he is even getting a run in the top team. he was useless in the final duffed many chances and was well marshalled by the roars defenders
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search