Matt Simon - Misunderstood

Matt Simon - Misunderstood

Author
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
When most people think of Matt Simon, they think of late challenges and dirty play. What they don't think of is the player who gives his everything for his club, teammates and fans nor the type of guy he is off the field.

This story shows the type of man he really is. https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/1097424025779728384

Hats off to you Matt Simon.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

He can play football but is a prime example of someone played incorrectly in his time at Sydney & at Central Coast.  

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators
No doubt he's probably a good bloke but his football style is what you'd expect from someone who played rugby in the early years.
Roar in me Blood
Roar in me Blood
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

Like comparing Muscat on field and off field.

Totally irrelevant while they are still playing. My opinion of Simon is what I see on the pitch, and any comments I make about him are also based on him as a player.

May be a great guy off field - but still acts the turd on field.

When I wear their colours, I am the club.

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

Matt Simon wouldnt have made it as a footballer if he didnt have that grunt in him.
Hes a bit of a grub but i can appreciate that he does it to make up for his shortfalls
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Incorrect. Can confirm Muscat is a grub even off the field.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

n i k o - 19 Feb 2019 9:01 PM

I hate Muscat as a player and I think he's a crap coach but do you have any evidence to back your claim up?
vincenzogold
vincenzogold
Pro
Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)Pro (3.2K reputation)

Before he went to hes failed korea move Matt Simon was a great player and finisher. 

People give him so much shit for being a big physical but you have to admit he is a good finisher which is why he is still in the league.
neverwozza
neverwozza
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

vincenzogold - 20 Feb 2019 10:45 AM
Before he went to hes failed korea move Matt Simon was a great player and finisher. 

People give him so much shit for being a big physical but you have to admit he is a good finisher which is why he is still in the league.

Exactly, before he went to Korea he was easily the most effective striker in the league. His last game at home when Harry Kewell came to town and he scored a double goes down as probably on of my favourite Mariners games ever. Apart from his finishing Arnold had him holding up the ball really well and he always seemed to find a wide player with his back to goal. I watched his first few games in Korea on a stream and he did exactly the same job over there and didn't look out of place at all.
aok
aok
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

He's difinitely the sort of player people love at their club, but hate at other clubs.
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

@sub007

Well unless I hold a voice recorder or people I know do the same when they've been around him in public then no sorry I don't.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

n i k o - 19 Feb 2019 9:01 PM

lol ok

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro

Woah you got me there @paulbagzFC
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search