The Comedy Channel.

The Comedy Channel.

Author
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
They say laughter is the best medicine. We all love a good chuckle. So this thread is for people who want to tickle their funny bone. You can post jokes, trivia, a quiz. Chat about television comedy or film. Choice is ours.
Edited
5 Years Ago by baggygreenmania
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro
Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)Pro (4.1K reputation)

Joke of the day:
Image result for jokes

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Best comedy movie quotes:

Blazing Saddles (1974)

Blazing Saddles pictureJim: Well, it got so that every piss-ant prairie punk who thought he could shoot a gun would ride into town to try out the Waco Kid. I must have killed more men than Cecil B. DeMille. It got pretty gritty. I started to hear the word "draw" in my sleep. Then one day, I was just walking down the street when I heard a voice behind me say, "Reach for it, mister!" I spun around... And there I was, face-to-face with a six-year old kid. Well, I just threw my guns down and walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass. So I limped to the nearest saloon, crawled inside a whiskey bottle, and I've been there ever since.

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

You had to have come from another planet 30 years ago if you had not heard of the zany Carry On films. I grew up with these madcap, irreverant, farcical comedy films which ran from the late 50s into the 90s. Films that made such people as Sid James, Joan Sims, Kenneth Williams, Jim Dale and Charlie Hawtrey household names.

Here is a  Carry On poser to get us going.
Which film links these three characters: The Rumpo Kid, Marshall P Knutt and Sheriff Burke?

Jenson
Jenson
Fan
Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)

baggygreenmania - 20 Feb 2019 9:24 AM
You had to have come from another planet 30 years ago if you had not heard of the zany Carry On films. I grew up with these madcap, irreverant, farcical comedy films which ran from the late 50s into the 90s. Films that made such people as Sid James, Joan Sims, Kenneth Williams, Jim Dale and Charlie Hawtrey household names.

Which film links these three characters: The Rumpo Kid, Marshall P Knutt and Sheriff Burke?

Carry On Cowboy? 
Jenson
Jenson
Fan
Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)Fan (68 reputation)

I grew up watching the Carry On films too! My fave is Carry On Camping, followed closely by Carry On Doctor. Comedy is definitely the best medicine! 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Jenson - 20 Feb 2019 8:10 PM

Carry On Cowboy? 

Yes it is Cowboy. How are you finding the forum Jenson?
Edited
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

baggygreenmania - 20 Feb 2019 10:22 PM
Jenson - 20 Feb 2019 8:10 PM

Yes it is Cowboy. How are you finding the forum Jenson?

I'm enjoying the forum, i do keep getting lost though! 
What's your fave Carry On Baggers? 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Jenson - 21 Feb 2019 9:41 PM
baggygreenmania - 20 Feb 2019 10:22 PM

I'm enjoying the forum, i do keep getting lost though! 
What's your fave Carry On Baggers? 

I find the best way to not get lost is bookmark your fave sites. All the non sport sites are in the Extra Time section.

My fave Carry On? lets see.  Camping..like you. Also Cruising and the early black & white ones. 
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Here is some trivia about Camping. 
  • Carry On Camping probably contains the most uses of  tropes, with characters including Sid Boggle (James), Kenneth Soaper (Williams), Charlie Muggins (Hawtrey), Bernie Lugg (Bresslaw), Joan Fussey (Sims).
  • Explain this scene from Camping?
  • Image result for Carry On Camping scenes

LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Good ol Sid James, a hoot and his Carry On sidekicks.
Monty Python's !
If there is one thing the Poms are good at ? humour, love their style.
I used to be in stitch's listening to Dudley Moore and Peter Cook !
Some of their gigs were so OTT due to them having drunk so much it went beyond ridiculous for those days.
I still have one or 2 of their tapes now cd's.
Comedies,
Benny Hill
On the Bus's - I'll get you Bulter, so many lines in that show.
Love Thy Neighbor - how politically incorrect for todays world.
To The Manor Born
Are You Being Served
You can't not forget Faulty Towers - what a gem of a Series !
Cleese is genius - going back to Monty obviously.
Mrs Browns Boys - went to see them live in Sydney last couple tours.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
LFC.
LFC.
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

American has/had its moments......
The Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz combo in movies had some classics at the time, The Long Long Trailer made me lol much......
Their weekly series as well.
The 3 Stooges - typically american but some very smart ones done by them.
The who's on first whats on 2nd etcetc was funny as.

Love Football

Edited
5 Years Ago by LFC.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

LFC. - 22 Feb 2019 5:07 PM
Monty Python's !
Some of their gigs were so OTT due to them having drunk so much it went beyond ridiculous for those days.
Comedies,
Benny Hill
To The Manor Born
Are You Being Served

Faulty Towers and Benny Hill get my vote..simply magic. Hard to imagine that FT has stood the test of time as there were only 12 episodes made. I still get a chuckle from the brilliant Benny after three decades.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

LFC. - 22 Feb 2019 5:12 PM
American has/had its moments......
The Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz combo in movies had some classics at the time, The Long Long Trailer made me lol much......
Their weekly series as well.
The 3 Stooges - typically american but some very smart ones done by them.
The who's on first whats on 2nd etcetc was funny as.

Abbott and Costello.. who's on first what's on second. Costello was under rated for mine. An outstanding comic. Hard to go past Jerry Lewis.. what a clown. There are few scenes that stay in my mind from his films.. one is The Big Mouth when that mobster is on his haunches and he sees a three time "dead" Lewis rise from the water. The actor spent the remainder of the movie on his hands and knees and on various methods of transport.. Lewis' other classic was The Nutty Professor.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Name this Carry On character (l) and the film..
Patsy Rowlands and Terry Scott in Carry on Henry (1971)

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Love this quote from the above film.
Man : A drink, Ma'am?
Queen Marie : Thank you.
Man : I can heartily recommend the port here.
Queen Marie : Really? Then do send him up to my room later.
Edited
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

baggygreenmania - 22 Feb 2019 11:22 AM
Here is some trivia about Camping. 
  • Carry On Camping probably contains the most uses of  tropes, with characters including Sid Boggle (James), Kenneth Soaper (Williams), Charlie Muggins (Hawtrey), Bernie Lugg (Bresslaw), Joan Fussey (Sims).
  • Explain this scene from Camping?
  • Image result for Carry On Camping scenes

Looks like the scene where the girls are exercising and these pair are watching them? 
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

baggygreenmania - 22 Feb 2019 8:38 PM

Love this quote from the above film.
Man : A drink, Ma'am?
Queen Marie : Thank you.
Man : I can heartily recommend the port here.
Queen Marie : Really? Then do send him up to my room later.

Is it the Carry On where the above woman is about to lose her head? If so it's Carry On Don't Lose Your Head. 
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

LFC. - 22 Feb 2019 5:07 PM
Monty Python's !
Comedies,
Benny Hill
To The Manor Born
Are You Being Served

I love Brit comedies, one thing we are good at is producing some of the best comedies around. I have every Carry On film ever made. 
American comedy is good too, my fave being Roseanne, followed by The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air and Two And A Half Men, i've never taken to Friends or Frasier though. 

LFC.
LFC.
Legend

The Brits have my vote anyday over the Americans but there is some good US viewing in the past.
Your mention of Roseanne, I couldn't stand her but Tom Arnold I liked.
Modern day 2HalfMen was pretty good with original Charlie Sheen, suited him perfectly, Kutcher just didn't cut it for me.
Friends, forget it.
I'm actually struggling to recall many sitcom shows without having to google.
I recall some good stand up stuff, typical corny Bob Hope, had some classic lines.
Don Knotts was a funny nut case.
Those Dean Martin Roasts had some good humour.
Netflix has that Grace and Frankie series with Jane Fonda Lily Tomlin, pretty funny.
I stumbled on similar called the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin.

Love Football

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Jenson - 26 Feb 2019 2:41 AM
baggygreenmania - 22 Feb 2019 11:22 AM

Looks like the scene where the girls are exercising and these pair are watching them? 

Or is it when the girls arrive and are heading into the camp site ? I would be inclined to think it is when the girls were exercising too.
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Jenson - 26 Feb 2019 2:44 AM
baggygreenmania - 22 Feb 2019 8:38 PM

Is it the Carry On where the above woman is about to lose her head? If so it's Carry On Don't Lose Your Head. 

Yes that is what is happening. But wrong film. Have another go.

I have bumped the pic.
Patsy Rowlands and Terry Scott in Carry on Henry (1971)

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

LFC. - 26 Feb 2019 9:39 AM
The Brits have my vote anyday over the Americans but there is some good US viewing in the past.
Modern day 2HalfMen was pretty good with original Charlie Sheen, suited him perfectly, Kutcher just didn't cut it for me.
Friends, forget it.
I recall some good stand up stuff, typical corny Bob Hope, had some classic lines.
Netflix has that Grace and Frankie series with Jane Fonda Lily Tomlin, pretty funny.
I stumbled on similar called the Kominsky Method with Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin.

UK comedy gets my vote too.  Faulty Towers.. only 12 episodes made yet it is timeless. I continue to get a good belly laugh from Benny Hill even after three decades. Leonard Rossiter was simply brilliant in Rising Damp and as Reginald Perrin. As was Ronnie Barker in Open All Hours.   Dads Army, Some Mothers Do Have Em,  Steptoe & Son, Man About the House, Waiting For God, George & Mildred, the Doctor series. .. the list goes on and on.....

We Aussies dont make very good sitcoms (except Mother & Son) but our sketch comedy is first class. See if you can see some on YT. 
Edited
BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Speaking of Carry On .. who has not seen this teleplay of the tormented life of Kenneth Williams? Here is a link for you all.
https://youtu.be/3_VjIRdXVdM

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

baggygreenmania - 27 Feb 2019 10:34 AM
Speaking of Carry On .. who has not seen this teleplay of the tormented life of Kenneth Williams? Here is a link for you all.
https://youtu.be/3_VjIRdXVdM

Reckon the glue that held the Carry On gang together was Hattie Jacques. Check this out.
https://youtu.be/JjWVnBrUzHs

BaggyGreens
BaggyGreens
Pro

Image result for Humphry goodman Who has watched Death In Paradise?. I love this as it is a clever whodunnit but specially as it starred the comic talents of Kris Marshall as the bumbling police inspector Humphrey Goodman. 

Edited
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

Friends, forget it.

Yes i agree that Charlie Sheen was better to watch than Kutcher. 
I prefer John Goodman to Tom Arnold, but hey that's great we all have different tastes. 
On The Buses is way before my time but after buying boxsets for mum at Christmas i do enjoy watching them too! 
Rising Damp is great too, Francis Del La Tour is such a classy lady, such a shame Richard Beckinsdale died so young, he was a great actor and our loss that he died so young. 
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

Jenson - 28 Feb 2019 9:11 PM

Yes i agree that Charlie Sheen was better to watch than Kutcher. 
I prefer John Goodman to Tom Arnold, but hey that's great we all have different tastes. 
On The Buses is way before my time but after buying boxsets for mum at Christmas i do enjoy watching them too! 
Rising Damp is great too, Francis Del La Tour is such a classy lady, such a shame Richard Beckinsdale died so young, he was a great actor and our loss that he died so young. 

I've never watched Faulty Towers, Monty Python, Abbot & Costello, but i do love Bottom with Rick Mayall, that is comedy classic! 
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

baggygreenmania - 27 Feb 2019 11:19 AM
Image result for Humphry goodman Who has watched Death In Paradise?. I love this as it is a clever whodunnit but specially as it starred the comic talents of Kris Marshall as the bumbling police inspector Humphrey Goodman. 

I've never watched it Kris, great thread you have here BTW! 
Jenson
Jenson
Fan

baggygreenmania - 22 Feb 2019 11:02 AM
Jenson - 21 Feb 2019 9:41 PM

I find the best way to not get lost is bookmark your fave sites. All the non sport sites are in the Extra Time section.

My fave Carry On? lets see.  Camping..like you. Also Cruising and the early black & white ones. 

I'm starting to find my feet now! 
I like the early black & white ones too, it's hard to believe they were made on a tight budget and within a limited time, just goes to show how professional they all were. 
I have a few questions, hope it's ok to post them. 
1. Which Carry On has the one liner 'No it has to be the bull'? 
2. In Carry On Cabby who starred as the expectant father? 
3. In Carry On Cruising who starred as the chef on board the ship? 
4. Who was Hattie Jacques' character married to  in Carry On Loving? 
5. In Carry On Doctor Kenneth Williams plays a surgeon, what was the item that he mislaid, presumably left inside a patient? 
6. In Carry On Spying who has a photographic memory? 
7. Who played Cleopatra in Carry On Cleo? 
8. Which Carry On actor is affectionately known as PintPot? 
9. In Carry On Abroad what role did Hattie Jacques play? 
10. In Carry On Girls who organised the womens rights group to ruin the beauty contest? 

Good luck! 
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search