Muslims attacked in New Zealand

Muslims attacked in New Zealand

Author
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Deleted because some people totally wrongly thought I was being sarcastic.

This is an extremely sad event, an horrific event that no one should have to endure.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Test_Fan
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Accidentally saw footage on twitter (for real don’t even look up #Christchurch, videos auto play) and I am sick to my stomach. There is going to be dozens confirmed dead.Shooter posted his whole manifesto on 8chan and streamed the shooting to Facebook. Fucked up world we live in.
Edited
5 Years Ago by jlm8695
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

jlm8695 - 15 Mar 2019 1:41 PM
I can’t be the only one alarmed at the wording of the OP right?Accidentally saw footage on twitter (for real don’t even look up #Christchurch, videos auto play) and I am sick to my stomach. There is going to be dozens confirmed dead.Shooter posted his whole manifesto on 8chan and streamed the shooting to Facebook. Fucked up world we live in.

What do you mean? Alarmed at the wording of the OP? What have I said that is wrong?

I have just watched a man who survived the attack being interviewed on NZ TV being transmitted my the ABC news station and it is so sad. He described how he went to run out of the mosque and was stopped by another person so he went back to where he was hiding and the gunman came back and shot the other man in the chest. It is so sad to see what humans are capable of doing, brought me to tears. 
There is no excuse for this kind of violence, no one should be shooting one, let alone dozens or more of people. It seems two mosques were attacked.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

Another interview with a survivor describing what he saw, absolutely horrific, there must be many dead, many seriously injured, so sad what has happened.

Seems the shooter was an anti Muslim white supremacist. Apparently worried that the white peoples land of New Zealand was being invaded by non whites. 
How about the fact New Zealand was the land of Maoris, not white people? Such stupidity leading to this horrific act.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Unfortunately predictable.  This is what you get with dog-whistling politicians, shock jocks  and the cesspit that some parts of the internet are formenting hatred against marginal/minority groups.

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Apologies OP, I was slightly concerned that it was sarcastic.

Videos going around showing two armed people running around the streets. Horrifying, and even worse to think that a new type of terrorist is being bred in developed countries.

In the supposed manifesto of a shooter he identifies himself as Australian. Sickening.
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

deleted now confusion fixed.
Edited
5 Years Ago by Test_Fan
Kevin Airs
Kevin Airs
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Please mind how we go here - I know early posts have been fine, but don't let this get dragged into bad areas (and especially no video links please.)

Thanks all. It's a terrible tragedy that is still playing out.
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Test_Fan - 15 Mar 2019 2:10 PM
jlm8695 - 15 Mar 2019 2:06 PM

SARCASTIC??? What on earth are you on about? WHY WOULD I BE SARCASTIC ABOUT THIS? YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO EVEN THINK THAT. THIS IS SO SAD.

Calm down. He apologised.  That should be the end of it.

Member since 2008.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend

Munrubenmuz - 15 Mar 2019 2:12 PM

Calm down. He apologised.  That should be the end of it.

I tried to send him a PM with an actual apology as well, but he either has it disabled or his inbox is full. 

The phrasing 'sad, so very sad' is something I've seen often on the internet in a patronising manner, especially when it comes to race related incidents. That is why I was concerned. I'm thankful and happy to admit that little inkling of doubt I was 100% wrong.

Edited
5 Years Ago by jlm8695
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

jlm8695 - 15 Mar 2019 2:17 PM
Munrubenmuz - 15 Mar 2019 2:12 PM

I tried to send him a PM with an actual apology as well, but he either has it disabled or his inbox is full. 

The phrasing "sad, so very sad" is something I've seen often on the internet in a patronising manner, especially when it comes to race related incidents. That is why I was concerned. I'm thankful and happy to admit that little inkling of doubt I was 100% wrong.

Thank you JLM8695. Apology accepted.

I can assure everyone I was being 100% genuine in my opening post when I said it was sad. I have shed tears watching interviews of two survivors of the attack. The details they gave are totally shocking, something no one should be going through. Religion of the victims does not matter, they are victims of a horrific incident.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
jlm8695 - 15 Mar 2019 2:06 PM

SARCASTIC??? What on earth are you on about? WHY WOULD I BE SARCASTIC ABOUT THIS? YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO EVEN THINK THAT. THIS IS SO SAD.

The original post, without the context of your later comments, could be misinterpreted as sarcastic...  But your tone is more than clear after subsequent posts.  Tragic indeed.  As someone else said - this is what happens when we allow people to spread so much hate about a group.  Eventually one (or two) nutcases will strike back against innocent civilians...  Which is exactly what the bad minority of Muslims would have wanted - they now have an excuse to strike back...

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

I have edited my opening post to remove any confusion, not that I can even see why there would be confusion.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Are the reports that only one of the shooters is Australian or it both?
Muz
Muz
Legend

robstazzz - 15 Mar 2019 3:23 PM
Are the reports that only one of the shooters is Australian or it both?

Is there 2?  Thought there was only 1.

Edit:  ABC reporting 4 in custody.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/

Member since 2008.

Edited
5 Years Ago by Munrubenmuz
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

Munrubenmuz - 15 Mar 2019 3:46 PM

Is there 2?

It seems to be a possibility, certainly not ruled out by NZ authorities as far as I have seen.
robstazzz
robstazzz
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

Is there 2?  Thought there was only 1.

Edit:  ABC reporting 4 in custody.  https://www.abc.net.au/news/

Now they're saying 4 have been arrested. 3 men and 1 is a woman. 1 of the men is from Grafton NSW.

Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro

40 now confirmed dead.
Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

robstazzz - 15 Mar 2019 3:51 PM

Now they're saying 4 have been arrested. 3 men and 1 is a woman. 1 of the men is from Grafton NSW.

Benjamin - 15 Mar 2019 2:22 PM

The original post, without the context of your later comments, could be misinterpreted as sarcastic...  But your tone is more than clear after subsequent posts.  Tragic indeed.  As someone else said - this is what happens when we allow people to spread so much hate about a group.  Eventually one (or two) nutcases will strike back against innocent civilians...  Which is exactly what the bad minority of Muslims would have wanted - they now have an excuse to strike back...

Yep. This is what happens when wolf whistling  is more important to certain politicians and shock jocks.
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

Just saw the footage. You would be forgiven if you thought it was in America as we couldnt comprehend an event like this happening in NZ.

The Muslim world wouldn't take this lying down. the extremists would likely to respond with a similar event, so we gotta be on our toes.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 15 Mar 2019 6:52 PM
Just saw the footage. You would be forgiven if you thought it was in America as we couldnt comprehend an event like this happening in NZ.

The Muslim world wouldn't take this lying down. the extremists would likely to respond with a similar event, so we gotta be on our toes.

Exactly the sort of attack that Islamic State sympathizers have dreamed of for years. 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

sydneyfc1987 - 15 Mar 2019 7:19 PM
HeyItsRobbie - 15 Mar 2019 6:52 PM

Exactly the sort of attack that Islamic State sympathizers have dreamed of for years. 

im sure they did alot worse to prisoners of war than what this guy had done.

IS executed people by caged drownings, RPG fired into a car, setting someone on fire, wiring explosives around the prisoners neck then blowing em up, beheadings, dropping a huge rock on a poor guys head. ive seen em all. its as bad as you'll see

Carlito
Carlito
Legend
Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)Legend (28K reputation)

Senator anning what a fucking - oops, I just ate my own poop.... 
Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Can’t believe he is in Parliament
Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Burztur - 15 Mar 2019 9:00 PM
Can’t believe he is in Parliament

He made that statement and his following tweets about himself.  Fucking scum
sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

HeyItsRobbie - 15 Mar 2019 8:10 PM
sydneyfc1987 - 15 Mar 2019 7:19 PM

im sure they did alot worse to prisoners of war than what this guy had done.

IS executed people by caged drownings, RPG fired into a car, setting someone on fire, wiring explosives around the prisoners neck then blowing em up, beheadings, dropping a huge rock on a poor guys head. ive seen em all. its as bad as you'll see

The reason ISIS does these unbelievably shocking things is to garner a negative reaction and from non-muslims so "we" retaliate. They want westerners to commit atrocities against muslims so the moderate muslim majority, or those on the fringes of extremism feel threatened enough get driven towards the fundamentalist cause.

Around the world there will be islamic extremists salivating over the prospect of using this to further their cause.

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Was bound to happen eventually.
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

I'm glad at times like these I work shit tonnes. So I must ask.

Can someone tell me wtf happened? Why is PewdiePie or whatever posting? What on earth is this? I've seen news outlets criticised. 

Carlito
Carlito
Legend

Dan_The_Red - 15 Mar 2019 9:49 PM
Was bound to happen eventually.

2014 anders  bierveik . Which the Aussie was supposedly a fan off. This is what happens when politicians  wolf whilstle
HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class

TheSelectFew - 15 Mar 2019 9:52 PM
I'm glad at times like these I work shit tonnes. So I must ask.

Can someone tell me wtf happened? Why is PewdiePie or whatever posting? What on earth is this? I've seen news outlets criticised. 

Pewdiepie had nothing to do with this

It's just unfortunate that someone decides to use his name in his video. This is not what Pewdiepie is about

How dare he even desecrate Pewdiepies name like this in his video

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search