NPL - Capital Football

NPL - Capital Football

Author
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Canberra finally kicks off next weekend, with the *new* NPL2 also beginning next weekend.

NPL1
In 2019, nine clubs will compete in Capital Football’s NPL 1 competition. At the end of 2019 and all following seasons, the club that finishes bottom of the table will be relegated to NPL 2 for the following season. The nine clubs are as follows:
  • Belconnen United FC (5th in 2018)
  • Canberra FC (1st in 2018)
  • Canberra Olympic FC (2nd in 2018)
  • Gungahlin United FC (6th in 2018)
  • Monaro Panthers FC (9th in 2018)
  • Riverina Rhinos FC (8th in 2018)
  • Tigers FC (3rd in 2018)
  • Tuggeranong United FC (4th in 2018)
  • Woden-Weston FC (7th in 2018)
NPL2
NPL 2 now forms the second tier of the National Premier Leagues Capital Football structure. There will be no promotion at the end of 2019, with that coming in for the 2020 season and onwards. The nine competing clubs in 2019 are as follows:
  • Australian National University (ANU FC)
  • Brindabella Blues FC
  • Canberra White Eagles FC
  • Narrabundah FC
  • O’Connor Knights SC
  • Queanbeyan City FC
  • Southern Tablelands United FC
  • Wagga City Wanderers FC
  • Weston Molonglo FC

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

LANDMARK STREAMING DEAL TO BOOST FOOTBALL IN THE ACT
MARCH 21, 2019

A major broadcast deal for Capital Football will see a boost for Football in the ACT and the surrounding region, with more National Premier Leagues (NPL) matches than ever before set to be streamed to a waiting audience.

In a five-year deal, every minute of NPL1, NPL1 20 and NPLW action will be streamed live by Capital Football’s broadcast partner BarTV Sports.

The deal follows Capital Football’s move into streaming over the past two years, with a Match of the Round covered each weekend in the NPL1 & NPLW from the second half of 2017 and through into 2018.

This year however, instead of two matches per weekend, the new deal will see a total of 12 games on screens around the world each weekend, with more than 200 matches set to be streamed in a blockbuster 2019 calendar.

The deal will not only benefit supporters, but also coaches, players and match officials who will have instant access to match footage post-game for development and promotional purposes.

Capital Football CEO Phil Brown said the landmark deal was a positive step forward and a chance to grow the sport.

“This partnership gives us the chance to showcase our competitions and some of our most talented players to a bigger stage than ever before,” Brown said.

“Having more eyes on our competitions and our sport as a whole will only serve to grow and improve football, and this deal does exactly that.”

Founding partner of BarTV Sports, Josh Mason, expressed excitement at partnering with Capital Football to help grow the game in the region.

“We could not be happier with the opportunity to expand our coverage of the Capital NPL Men’s and Women’s competitions,” Mason said.

“It’s also great to work alongside such a forward-thinking governing body in Capital Football.”

“We look forward to bringing the fans of this great competition closer to the action each week and growing the already strong support that football has in the region.”

“We have always prided ourselves on growing the game and feel there is no better way to showcase this than delivering every match live and free to the fans of this great game.”

The Capital Football National Premier Leagues Womens season will begin on Saturday, 30th March and the NPL1, NPL2 and NPL 20’s competitions will kick off the following weekend.

Men’s and Women’s Federation Cup matches will also be streamed, with four Men’s Federation Cup matches covered so far.

NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

MEDIA RELEASE: GUNGAHLIN UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB.
APRIL 5, 2019

Following lengthy negotiations, Capital Football and Gungahlin United FC have reached a mutually agreeable outcome after the club failed to meet the payment arrangements for an historic aged debt. The decision by Capital Football and agreed to by GUFC, to deduct six points from the GUFC NPL first grade team has been made to protect the integrity of the NPL competition, to ensure it is a fair and equitable playing field for all clubs.

Capital Football is grateful for the openness exhibited by the club committee, and their desire to work with Capital Football to address their financial challenges. Capital Football also recognises GUFC’s desire to re-establish as a strong and successful club that continues to provide opportunities for players through grassroots and NPL competitions.

President of GUFC, Neil Harlock, says the negotiated outcome means the club can now move forward, “The new GUFC Executive has worked closely with the Capital Football Bard over the last six months to ensure that the financial stability as well as the future of the Gungahlin Football community is and remains the most important aspect of our club.”

Edited
5 Years Ago by NicCarBel
No Totti No Party
No Totti No Party
Amateur
Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)Amateur (513 reputation)

Good stuff re - streaming

That's 4 federations down now right? possibly 5 because I think NNSW does the Bar TV thing as well. 
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

No Totti No Party - 8 Apr 2019 11:04 AM
Good stuff re - streaming

That's 4 federations down now right? possibly 5 because I think NNSW does the Bar TV thing as well. 

Yeah, NNSW does Bar TV. BarTV is from Newcastle, I think they may have been first off the rank
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

After 2 Rounds

1st - NPL ACT Men's 2019
POSTEAMPTS
1Canberra Olympic FC6
2Tigers FC6
3Belconnen United FC3
4Woden-Weston FC3
5Monaro Panthers FC3
6Tuggeranong United FC3
7Canberra FC0
8Riverina Rhinos0
9Gungahlin United FC-6

Edited
5 Years Ago by NicCarBel
thewitness
thewitness
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

Is there relegation this year to make a 10 team NPL2, or did the can that idea.
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

thewitness - 15 Apr 2019 7:02 PM

Is there relegation this year to make a 10 team NPL2, or did the can that idea.

There is relegation this year down to NPL2 for this year, but no promotion up from NPL2

Next year will feature 1 up from NPL 2, and 1 down from NPL 1 

So... the way things stand, I don't think it's looking good for the Rhinos in Griffith
thewitness
thewitness
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.1K reputation)

NicCarBel - 17 Apr 2019 6:01 PM
thewitness - 15 Apr 2019 7:02 PM

There is relegation this year down to NPL2 for this year, but no promotion up from NPL2

Next year will feature 1 up from NPL 2, and 1 down from NPL 1 

So... the way things stand, I don't think it's looking good for the Rhinos in Griffith

What happened to Gungahlin? Why the negative point start. (OK I just read the post above about this)
What impact has Hanwood's move back to Football Wagga had on football in Griffith? 
Edited
5 Years Ago by thewitness
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

thewitness - 18 Apr 2019 9:40 AM
NicCarBel - 17 Apr 2019 6:01 PM

What happened to Gungahlin? Why the negative point start. (OK I just read the post above about this)
What impact has Hanwood's move back to Football Wagga had on football in Griffith? 

Yep, as posted above.

I think the main impact in Griffith is not so much going to be Hanwood going back to Wagga, it's moreso Wagga being included in NPL 2 in Canberra now, based off a few discussions I had over the past few weeks.

Hanwood joining Wagga (IMO) just reaffirms that Riverina Rhinos is essentially now Yoogali Soccer Club. I mean, the shield is even the same shape.

In Griffith, as far as I'm aware now (seeing as I can't find any fixtures for the upcoming season anywhere), they finally split the first grade and reserve grade competitions again (according to my brother in Griffith), although I'm unaware of who is in what. Only things I know are:
Yoogali FC (probs Firsts and Reserves)
Yoogali SC (probs just Firsts 'cause Rhinos)
West Griffith (scraped a team together, as were planning merge with Griffith City for first grade that didn't go through)
Yenda (probs reserves)
Deniliquin (definitely Reserves)
Hanwood (juniors only)
Leeton (juniors only)
Griffith City (juniors only from what I saw)

The only thing I have heard from anyone specifically about Hanwood, is an in-laws family member who used to play for Hanwood until moving to Wagga for uni. His reaction:
"F***! We're gonna get flogged now"

Varisce
Varisce
Under 7s
Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)Under 7s (1 reputation)

As always, it’s more for Australian National University (ANU FC), but I see worthy rivals. In general, watching the game, I still regret that I turn to https://www.aresearchguide.com/cheap-essay-writing-service.html because I don’t study it’s so exciting as a sport, so without a cheap essay writing service my life as a fan would be much more difficult. xd
Edited
4 Years Ago by Varisce
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Varisce - 26 Sep 2019 4:50 AM
As always, it’s more for Australian National University (ANU FC), but I see worthy rivals. In general, watching the game, I still regret that I turn to https://www.aresearchguide.com/cheap-essay-writing-service.html because I don’t study it’s so exciting as a sport, so without a cheap essay writing service my life as a fan would be much more difficult.

I certainly elephant
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

The National Premier League Capital Football is the highest competition offered in men’s football in the ACT. Following the 2017 Competitions Review, the competition features two divisions, NPL 1 & NPL 2. With a separate NPL Youth competition for the U13, U14, U16 & U18 age grades.
NPL 1 & NPL 2 will feature a First Grade side, as well as Under 23s (replacing the Under 20s)

NPL1
In 2020, eight clubs will compete in Capital Football’s NPL1 Men’s competition. At the end of 2020, the club that finishes bottom of the table will be relegated to NPL2 Men’s for the following season. The eight clubs are as follows:

Belconnen United FC
Canberra FC
Canberra Olympic FC
Gungahlin United FC
Monaro Panthers FC
Tigers FC
Tuggeranong United FC
Woden-Weston FC

NPL2
NPL2 Men’s competition now forms the second tier of the NPL Capital Football structure. At the end of 2020, the club that finishes top of the table will be promoted to NPL1 Men’s for the following season. The 10 clubs in the NPL2 Men’s competition are as follows:
Australian National University (ANU FC)
Brindabella Blues FC
Canberra White Eagles FC
Narrabundah FC
O’Connor Knights SC
Queanbeyan City FC
Southern Tablelands United FC
Wagga City Wanderers FC
Weston Molonglo FC
Yoogali Soccer Club (bought licence from Riverina Rhinos, relegated from NPL1 last season)

NPL YOUTH

In 2020, thirteen clubs will compete in Capital Football’s NPL Youth competition. The thirteen clubs are as follows:

Belconnen United FC
Brindabella Blues FC
Canberra FC
Canberra Olympic FC
Gungahlin United FC
Monaro Panthers FC
Radford College
Griffith FC (Riverina Rhinos renamed)
Tigers FC
Tuggeranong United FC
Wagga City Wanderers FC
Woden Valley SC
Woden-Weston FC

NPLW

The National Premier League Women’s Capital Football division is the highest competition offered in Women’s football in the ACT. It showcases the elite players in Canberra in a competitive nine club competition. Each Club will field teams in the following age grades –  U13, U15, U17, Reserve Grade & 1st Grade.

The 2020 competition will feature nine clubs competing for the title:
Belconnen United FC
Canberra FC
Canberra Olympic FC
Canberra United Academy (CUA)
Monaro Panthers FC
Tuggeranong United FC
Gungahlin United FC
Wagga City Wanderers FC
Woden-Weston FC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All four NPL competitions will get underway as below:

• NPL Youth Round 1 commences on Saturday 7 March
  • NPL1 Men’s Round 1 commences on Saturday 28 March
  • NPL Women’s Round 1 commences on Sunday 5 April
  • NPL2 Men’s Round 1 commences on Saturday 25 April

Streaming schedules and further details regarding the NPL competitions will be released closer to the beginning of the season.

The full 2020 fixtures can now be found here.

Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

NPL ACT preseason transfer update – as of Monday January 13th,

Canberra Olympic,

In:
Aisosa Ihegie - Tuggeranong United

Out:
Kofi Danning - Belconnen United
Andre Jancevski - Monaro Panthers
Nathen Megic - Tigers FC
Nick Zakoski - Canberra Croatia 

Tigers FC,

In:
Nathen Megic - Canberra Olympic

Out:
none

Gungahlin United

In:
Michael Adams - Woden Weston
Joshua Gulevski - Monaro Panthers
Philippe Bernabo-Madrid - Pascoe Vale

Out:
Jordan Thurtell - Belconnen United

Canberra Croatia,

In:
Nick Zakoski - Canberra Olympic

Out:
none

Belconnen United,

In:
Kofi Danning - Canberra Olympic
Jordan Thurtell - Gungahlin United

Out:
none

Tuggeranong United,

In:
none

Out:
Aisosa Ihegie - Canberra Olympic

Monaro Panthers,

In:

Out:
Joshua Gulevski - Gungahlin United

Woden-Weston,

In:
none

Out:
Michael Adams - Gungahlin United

Edited
4 Years Ago by Brenton1986
NicCarBel
NicCarBel
Pro

Brenton1986 - 13 Jan 2020 11:24 PM
NPL ACT preseason transfer update – as of Monday January 13th,

Canberra Olympic,

In:
Aisosa Ihegie - Tuggeranong United

Out:
Kofi Danning - Belconnen United
Nathen Megic - Tigers FC
Nick Zakoski - Canberra Croatia 

Tigers FC,