Isaias is leaving Adelaide

Isaias is leaving Adelaide

Author
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

The job of new Adelaide United coach Gertjan Verbeek has just become significantly harder, with skipper Isaias set to leave the club.

The Spanish midfielder has been the Reds’ best player across his 158 appearances, but it appears he’s pulled on the jersey for the last time, with a move to Qatar in the offing.

Fox Football’s Murray Shaw broke the news on the Footbald Podcast.

“I’ll give you a little Baldcast exclusive, there will be no Isaias at Adelaide United next season,” Shaw said.

“He’s off to Qatar for a couple of seasons.”

“He’s the heart and soul of that club at the moment. Verbeek’s going to have to come in, he’s going to need to find a leader, he’ll need to find a striker, and he’s got a big job.”

Isaias joined Adelaide back in 2013 from Spanish outfit Espanyol, and quickly became one of the A-League’s most influential midfielders. He won the Joe Marston Medal for best on ground as the Reds claimed the championship back in 2016, and has also starred in two FFA Cup triumphs.

He won’t be easy to replace.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/exclusive-isaias-set-to-leave-adelaide-united/news-story/92bb9b29f0bed11e7a8df97f5b014bad?fbclid=IwAR1SpoA1MDW5CA0dAPPw-T65BoJ0asOseTVSIfz_DcAJjUAr-WplyB3JtCY

ARNIE= LEGEND

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Always going to happen, good foreign players getting Aussie citizenship make them incredibly attractive to Asian Clubs with +1 rules.

Davide82
Davide82
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Awesome!!

I knew it the second Marrone was the poster boy for my membership renewal email.

I said months ago all I would have to feel a connection/loyalty to next season would be Marrone and Isaias.

Bring on the Chinese 3rd division kids Piet. Take my $450 today!!!!
jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

This has Ante Kovacevic written all over it...
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess Jakobsen will be the new captain.
someguyjc
someguyjc
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Seeing as he still had a season left on his contract, at least Adelaide should receive a decent transfer fee. 
Dan_The_Red
Dan_The_Red
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

Can’t see us replacing him with someone of similar quality so will be a massive loss.
jeggohouse
jeggohouse
Rising Star
Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)Rising Star (866 reputation)

Enormous loss. I'd argue he's the GOAT for Adelaide United (yes, rate him even higher than Euge), and a club legend too. He's going to be very difficult to replace. 2019/20 would've been his first season as an Aussie too! I'd imagine we'd be getting very good money for him, but at the same time we let McGree go to Belgium for $100k... Next season is already looking fucking dire.
Edited
5 Years Ago by jeggohouse
nomates
nomates
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
One of my fav A-league players I wish him well. AUFC is gonna find it hard to replace him.

Wellington Phoenix FC

Edited
5 Years Ago by nomates
Savic
Savic
Rising Star
Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)Rising Star (999 reputation)

Ah Shitballs.
Really sad and he's that last link to that really magic time too.
Hopefully he's back in a year and finishes off back at AU.
Thanks Isa. Go get some of that cash and buy a few rounds when you get back. Great games.
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
Sad to see such a wonderful player gone from the competition, one of the most skillful and consistent defensive midfielders the A-League has seen.

mcjules
mcjules
World Class
World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)World Class (8.5K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Davide82 - 24 May 2019 4:54 PM
I knew it the second Marrone was the poster boy for my membership renewal email.

Off-topic but does it annoy anyone else that we get an auto renewal email one week before they're going to debit even though they haven't released prices? 

Insert Gertjan Verbeek gifs here

Heart_fan
Heart_fan
World Class
World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)World Class (8.1K reputation)

someguyjc - 24 May 2019 5:57 PM
Seeing as he still had a season left on his contract, at least Adelaide should receive a decent transfer fee. 

Depends on what’s in his contract I guess.

Qatari clubs don’t appear to spare the cash though, so it may well be an opportunity to profit from it.
sub007
sub007
World Class
World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)World Class (9.6K reputation)

Our greatest ever player and our club is going to be far worse off without him.

Thanks for everything and I wish you all the best. 

I can see him coming back to AU, whether that be as a player, coach, fan or backroom staff, etc.
Edited
5 Years Ago by sub007
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search