FIFA World Cup 2010 compared to FIFA 19

FIFA World Cup 2010 compared to FIFA 19

Author
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Group: Moderators
My two year old, forced a credit card into the disc slot of my PS4, so while I am waiting for my PS4 Pro to arrive in the mail I thought I would play some FIFA 2010 World Cup.

What has been most telling for me is that nearly none of the default stadiums have been updated since 2010. They have been scaled up to 1080p but the models are the exact same, as are most of the crowd noises. I realise that EA don't add much year or year for offline modes but nearly a decade and nearly no changes to default stadiums, really?

If EA don't refocus signifcantly on Career Mode I won't ever buy it again, and happily keep playing the 2010 World Cup version and FIFA 19. It feels like EA make Career Mode just broken enough every year to keep it from being enjoyable long term to push people to play Ultimate Team.

A are being taken to court over Ultimate Team's use of micro currencies and their targeting of young children to buy them. I hope these court cases jolt them to realisation that attempting to squeeze even more money out of their consumers after a full price retail release is unethical. I frankly couldn't despise Ultimate Team more, and the fact that you need to spend real money to be competitive without spending huge hours in the game is reprehensible.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members

world cup 2002 is still my favourite game
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star
Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)Rising Star (853 reputation)

Melbcityguy - 4 Jun 2019 9:57 AM

world cup 2002 is still my favourite game

That one is fantastic, my favourite part of these games is always the qualifying and I was so sad they removed it when they just made the World Cup an update for FIFA 18.

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 4 Jun 2019 11:29 AM
Melbcityguy - 4 Jun 2019 9:57 AM

That one is fantastic, my favourite part of these games is always the qualifying and I was so sad they removed it when they just made the World Cup an update for FIFA 18.

i really want them to make a fifa game where you can play as older teams for example 2005 liverpool vs 2019 liverpool or even playing as 2000s ac milan 
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

Melbcityguy - 4 Jun 2019 11:45 AM
JoyfulPenguin - 4 Jun 2019 11:29 AM

i really want them to make a fifa game where you can play as older teams for example 2005 liverpool vs 2019 liverpool or even playing as 2000s ac milan 

That would be great! Considering they already have all the data it would be pretty easy to do. They only do something close to that through Ultimate Team.

sydneyfc1987
sydneyfc1987
Legend
Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)Legend (11K reputation)

JoyfulPenguin - 3 Jun 2019 11:41 PM
My two year old, forced a credit card into the disc slot of my PS4, so while I am waiting for my PS4 Pro to arrive in the mail I thought I would play some FIFA 2010 World Cup.

What has been most telling for me is that nearly none of the default stadiums have been updated since 2010. They have been scaled up to 1080p but the models are the exact same, as are most of the crowd noises. I realise that EA don't add much year or year for offline modes but nearly a decade and nearly no changes to default stadiums, really?

If EA don't refocus signifcantly on Career Mode I won't ever buy it again, and happily keep playing the 2010 World Cup version and FIFA 19. It feels like EA make Career Mode just broken enough every year to keep it from being enjoyable long term to push people to play Ultimate Team.

A are being taken to court over Ultimate Team's use of micro currencies and their targeting of young children to buy them. I hope these court cases jolt them to realisation that attempting to squeeze even more money out of their consumers after a full price retail release is unethical. I frankly couldn't despise Ultimate Team more, and the fact that you need to spend real money to be competitive without spending huge hours in the game is reprehensible.

Pretty much sums up my views on FIFA as well. 

I've never played FUT, not interested. Career mode and online seasons for me. 

I bought every single FIFA from 07 to 17. I finally came to the conclusion the FUT juggernaut means I'm essentially spending $90 to get updated kits and squads for career mode. Whats the point? 

(VAR) IS NAVY BLUE

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class

football manager is so much better and you actually feel better when you win lol 
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

sydneyfc1987 - 9 Jun 2019 11:22 AM

I bought every single FIFA from 07 to 17. I finally came to the conclusion the FUT juggernaut means I'm essentially spending $90 to get updated kits and squads for career mode. Whats the point? 

Yeah at this point you're paying for a free to play game while EA devotes five minutes of development time to Career mode every year. The only online mode I play is seasons as well, but I would like to play as the Mariners but can't because of the star restrictions. I hope the licenses get made more available to developers, rather than EA hogging them all, so a true competitor can come along and knock EA off their perch.

JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

Melbcityguy - 13 Jun 2019 2:25 PM
football manager is so much better and you actually feel better when you win lol 

Been thinking about getting that though I worry I would be too terrible lol

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

I decided to stop buying new versions last year due to the lack of improvements to career mode and the continued absence of the old design options...  Then my son bought me my own PS4 (I usually used his after he went to bed), and got me FIFA19...  Once again, massively unimpressed by the lack of development...  Game itself doesn't seem to play as realistically as it did a few versions back - I suspect the engine has been tinkered with to favour FUT and online play...  Definitely won't be buying FIFA20 unless the reviews indicate they've done something with career mode. 

Edited
5 Years Ago by Benjamin
JoyfulPenguin
JoyfulPenguin
Rising Star

Benjamin - 13 Jun 2019 4:19 PM

I decided to stop buying new versions last year due to the lack of improvements to career mode and the continued absence of the old design options...  Then my son bought me my own PS4 (I usually used his after he went to bed), and got me FIFA19...  Once again, massively unimpressed by the lack of development...  Game itself doesn't seem to play as realistically as it did a few versions back - I suspect the engine has been tinkered with to favour FUT and online play...  Definitely won't be buying FIFA20 unless the reviews indicate they've done something with career mode. 

Yeah, unless you play ultra conservatively each game turns into a 9+ game. They finally added a Asian Champions League knockoff in FIFA 19 which was something I guess, but the career mode is never improved enough to justify a yearly full price release.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search