Appointment of mods

Appointment of mods

Author
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Can someone please explain the rationale of appointing someone with a very large axe to grind as a mod?

The forum was fine and has  been for years.  2 days in and Decentric is already deleting threads by the dozen.

Member since 2008.

jlm8695
jlm8695
Legend
Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)Legend (19K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Fourfourtwo and the feedback section has always been great because critical posts have always been allowed, regardless of their popularity.

I didn't post anything abusive, and the content has now been OK'd by an unnamed mod. 

It's sad day to see a forum that has often thrived on debates from either side censored due to one man. 
Muz
Muz
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Threads posted by long time members criticising or questioning mod appointments shouldn't be deleted.

Ever since I've been here every mod appointed has been greeted with warm congratulations.

The fact that this hasn't happened here is all you need to know what the vast majority of posters think of the latest appointment.

That thread was fair commentary and I congratulate anyone willing to stick their neck out against the fascist tendencies of a megalomaniac. 

Member since 2008.

Burztur
Burztur
World Class
World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)World Class (9.4K reputation)

Why do we need 2 new mods to begin with?
Test_Fan
Test_Fan
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Decentric wanted a moderator who could moderate the cricket section and get rid of me from it. That ended up with him being made a moderator, a very poor choice.
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I’ve addressed this issue in the mod subforum. 

Decentric has agreed to no longer be deleting threads or posts without consensus from the other mods. 

If you have proof of him continuing to do so, please address this to myself or one of the other mods as it isn’t acceptable. 
Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
Test_Fan - 6 Jun 2019 10:04 AM
Decentric wanted a moderator who could moderate the cricket section and get rid of me from it. That ended up with him being made a moderator, a very poor choice.

I didn't Test Fan.

You've been a highly valued member of the Cricket forum in the past. I PMed you to encourage your participation in Cricket after an absence.

If you could desist from a few recent personal attacks, we'd love you to return posting the constructive and informative posts you used to.

FWIW you have a sound knowledge of both football and cricket. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

the cricket section definitely needed modding. It got unusable at one stage and its the world cup right now

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search