The Formula 1 Thread

The Formula 1 Thread

Author
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I just wanted to see how many people are going to the f1 GP today or are at least gonna watch it on t.v.

how about those Brawn GP cars!!!!!!!!

Edited by davidtorres: 5/4/2009 09:27:20 AM
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I wish...

Are Brawn one of the teams that will come under scrutiny for illegal bodywork?
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

I love the look of the Mclarens, I have been a big Kimmi Raikonnedn fan throughout his career so i hope he does well. I hate Hamilton but I admire his talent
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

I used to go every year when I was a kid back before it got so damn expensive. I love it, Sounds amazing.

My prediction:
Button, Barrichello, Raikkonen on the podium. Hamilton will get in the points, just. Webber DNF.
They said in the paper webber ony had 3 career retirements, I think they left the '0' off after it :lol:
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I'll predict Button, Massa, Barrichello podium, Webber 8th, Hamilton out of points.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Massa is slow off the start line most of the time, if Raikkonen can get the jump on him there, he'll make the podium.
tiny455
tiny455
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

what time it start??
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

5:00pm I think.
tiny455
tiny455
Pro
Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)Pro (3.5K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
5:00pm I think.

shit really i thought it wouldve started at 2 or sumthing. ok well now i can watch it
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

It used to start at two, but now they're having this whole 'twilight grand prix for the benefit of european television ratings' bullshit.
tiny455
tiny455
Pro

yeah it not that bad really, doesn't affect me.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

I like the 5pm timeslot, but i dont like the fact that its for overseas audience.

Edited by avy1990: 29/3/2009 03:46:17 PM
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

It's fair enough that they've changed the start time to pander to the european audience, since that's where most of the interest comes from. My problem is that the start time makes it easier for the local residents to object and I won't get to watch it because of the late start.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Jensen Button wins after some late drama, good on him. 1-2 for Braun in their first ever race, thats quite incredible.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
Jensen Button wins after some late drama, good on him. 1-2 for Braun in their first ever race, thats quite incredible.

I paused it, then when i came back to watch it, it had re-started itself and it had freaking ended, Rewind to the rescue.

Reading through this now, it seems like people might think im off my head pausing tv, but ive got that MyStar or whatever you call it.

Edited by avy1990: 29/3/2009 09:54:10 PM
tiny455
tiny455
Pro

was a good race in the end, shame that webber went out early though.
mk0825
mk0825
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
tiny455 wrote:
was a good race in the end, shame that webber went out early though.

That should be totally expected of him. Every race he qualifies top 10 and then fucks his car up in the actual race.
tiny455
tiny455
Pro

was the first corner today haha
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Put Webber in a quality car and he'll go places IMO

A lot of his DNF's are due to engine problems

Edited by avy1990: 29/3/2009 10:06:52 PM
tiny455
tiny455
Pro

avy1990 wrote:
Put Webber in a quality car and he'll go place IMO

his car is quality he is just shit driving it.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:

It's "Brawn", named after Ross Brawn who used to engineer for Benneton and Ferrari they're not driving toothbrushes ;)

Re: Webber - there was nothing wrong with his car, His teammate Vettel would have come second if fucking Barichello hadn't maliciously taken him out. Webber's problem is that he's a headstrong driver and he's not willing to yield positions easily, so when he's being challenged for position it will usually end in tears.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Funky Munky wrote:

It's "Brawn", named after Ross Brawn who used to engineer for Benneton and Ferrari they're not driving toothbrushes ;)

Re: Webber - there was nothing wrong with his car, His teammate Vettel would have come second if fucking Barichello hadn't maliciously taken him out. Webber's problem is that he's a headstrong driver and he's not willing to yield positions easily, so when he's being challenged for position it will usually end in tears.

I don't follow F1, so sue me:p

And it was Kubica who crashed with Vettel, not Barichello. And there was no vicious taking out, neither of them backed down is all.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Oh I plan to. Trust me ;)

None of them backing down is always going to be an issue. Common etiquette says that whoever has the inside line has right of way. It's all on Kubica.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Oh I plan to. Trust me ;)

None of them backing down is always going to be an issue. Common etiquette says that whoever has the inside line has right of way. It's all on Kubica.

But they were only that close because of Vettel making a mistake the previous corner. He screwed up, didn't want to give away second, and so tried to stay in front when really he should have backed down. But at the same time, the inside line is the right of way. In the end they were both in the wrong, it just happens.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I like both of them and their driving styles, so I'm a bit disappointed that they're handicapped in the title race already, but it's early days.
That said, Brawn is a fucking genius and has so much experience, his team will be streets ahead of everybody.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

Vettel has also been handed a 10 spot grid handicap or something, for trying to drive around with 3 wheels.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

:-S So he should have retired from the race even though the damage to his car wasn't terminal?? :-k
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

It was an incredible race, one of my all time favourites. But for me the best part was seeing the Ferrari supporters go home pissed off!!!
Anyways, congats to Button, Barrichello and Brawn GP. Who would of guessed Brawn would be 1-2 on the statring grid, and at the end of the race? Also, the toyota's started last and finished 3rd and 5th!!! Same with Hamilton. He started 18th (3rd last) and finished 4th!

But I was a bit dissapointed that with 3 laps left Vettel and Kubica crash into eachother! 3 LAPS LEFt, WTF where they thinking?

Also, MArk Webber, biggest fail in Australian sport history. Nah, noly joking. He is a good driver he just has some pretty bad luck!!
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
one of my all time favourites.

The first time they raced in Shanghai, that was insane.

Toyota should be very proud of their achievements in that race, they should be very competative this season.
Brawn look like the team to beat, but wait until after Malaysia to write off McLaren from the constructor's championship.
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
davidtorres wrote:
one of my all time favourites.

The first time they raced in Shanghai, that was insane.

Yeah that one is one of my all time favouites! Also that race in Nurburgring back in 2007. It was absolutely pouring down rain and like 10 cars went off in the first corner! Also one of the Spykers put wets on from the start, and was actually in the lead until they stopped the race after 3 laps! I'm never gonna forget that race!!!

afromanGT wrote:
Toyota should be very proud of their achievements in that race, they should be very competative this season.
Brawn look like the team to beat, but wait until after Malaysia to write off McLaren from the constructor's championship.

Yeah but it was a shame that Jarno Trulli was stripped of his podium place!
What happened was at the corner where I was sitting, Jarno Trulli went off the track and Lewis Hamilton passed him, but it was under the safety car. So Hamilton would of got a penalty, but then Hamilton let Trulli through so that Hamilton wouldn't get a penalty. But in the end Trulli was the one to get a penalty for passing Hamilton!!!!
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search