Sydney fc - Capone out Kemeny in

Sydney fc - Capone out Kemeny in

Author
Spark
Under 7s
Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)Under 7s (15 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
"Edmund Capon has stepped down as Sydney FC chairman due to his workload as director of the Art Gallery of New South Wales, with Andrew Kemeny taking his place.

Capon said that he had spoken with Sydney FC shareholders, fellow directors and chief executive officer to explain that he would remain a loyal supporter of the club and was keen to stay involved at board level.

"When I assumed the role of chairman I initially agreed to commit to a year in the knowledge that my role as director of the art gallery was very much a full-time task. It has been a delight and a real privilege to have served the club as chairman but I have come to the conclusion that I simply cannot properly fulfil the demands of such a prestigious role and maintain the necessary level of commitment to the art gallery. I do, however, intend to remain on the club's board," said Capon.

On behalf of the club and its supporters, Sydney FC chief executive officer George Perry acknowledged Capon's contribution over the past 12 months.

"Edmund's genuine passion for the club, the team and the fans was fantastic. I know the players will miss him greatly. During his chairmanship, Edmund has led the club out of a rocky period and has laid solid foundations for a bright future. On a personal and professional level, I have thoroughly enjoyed working alongside Edmund and look forward to his continuing contribution as a member of the board," said Perry.

The Sydney FC board today confirmed Andrew Kemeny as the club's new chairman. Kemeny, who has the wholehearted support of Sydney FC's shareholders and board, is a lifelong football supporter, experienced leader and administrator. He was a director of Sydney City Soccer Club from 1983 to 1986 and its president from 1986 to 1987. He was chairman of the taskforce set up to consider the structure of the new national football competition (what became the Hyundai A-League) and has been chairman of the Johnny Warren Football Foundation since 2004. He is also a successful businessman, serving as managing director of Australian Fibreglass Industries and managing director of Raine & Horne Bondi, as well as being an independent property developer for 30 years"

What a joke, keep your Hakoah cronies out of the game Frank.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search