New Mod

New Mod

Author
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
:lol:. Good things come to those that wait ;)
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Ugh. Could not think of anything worse than having to moderate you buffoons :P

Joffa does seem to have the patience levels of a saint, though.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
Ugh. Could not think of anything worse than having to moderate you buffoons :P

Joffa does seem to have the patience levels of a saint, though.

:lol: Joffa can take AF.
torana_a9x
torana_a9x
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.2K reputation)

We need another HT-assosciated mod, spread the word man :lol:
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

torana_a9x wrote:
We need another HT-assosciated mod, spread the word man :lol:

Shh, don't reveal my agenda!! :P
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

krijoz wrote:
You show absolutely no respect towards people that are older than you

Just read this.

Age doesn't mean shit on a forum, it's about the maturity level of your Persona and your demeanour. Of which you show the intellect and demeanour of some of our young, naive and immature members.

Your generation has a serious issue with respect. You just expect it to fall into your lap. How about you go about earning that respect. The generation before you got respect because they worked hard for it, you get no respect because your generation is full of shit and thinks that you automatically get respect because your Date of Birth containes a smaller number than mine does.

Got news for you, you're a tosser not worthy of our respect.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

I reckon Joffa would be an excellent Mod. He'd do a better job than me, that's for sure. ;)
scouse_roar
scouse_roar
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Joffa would be good, but I'd be excellent.
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

wasn't sure where to post this, but just out of interest can mods still post in locked forums?
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

They would have to unlock it, post in it, and then re-lock it, I would assume.

However, as I am not a mod, you will have to get confirmation from elsewhere.

I've never seen a mod post in a locked forum though. If a topic gets to a level where it must be locked, then all discussion should cease. They can go through and delete/edit posts that are inflammatory, but I wouldn't think they would make extra posts.

Edited by imnofreak: 8/5/2010 12:19:59 AM
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

Lemme test.
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend

We can't:p
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend

:lol:
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

imnofreak wrote:
They would have to unlock it, post in it, and then re-lock it, I would assume.

However, as I am not a mod, you will have to get confirmation from elsewhere.

I've never seen a mod post in a locked forum though. If a topic gets to a level where it must be locked, then all discussion should cease. They can go through and delete/edit posts that are inflammatory, but I wouldn't think they would make extra posts.

Um, yes we can post in a locked thread( we do have to unlock it), we just don't, probably because it is locked, also respect for the mod who locked it.

We don't like to edit peoples posts but yes, if they are way below the line we either edit out the worst bits or delete the post altogether.

On one occasion some tosser started a evil thread and I deleted it before to much damage was done, I also delete thread by bots, others lock them but I get rid of them at first sight.
Gooner4life_8
Gooner4life_8
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

StiflersMom wrote:

We don't like to edit peoples posts but yes, if they are way below the line we either edit out the worst bits or delete the post altogether.

yes you did :p

Edited by Funky Munky: 9/5/2010 11:26:28 AM

Edited by gooner4life_8: 9/5/2010 05:56:07 PM
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

^^^^

:lol: :lol: :lol:
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Gooner4life_8 wrote:
StiflersMom wrote:

yes you did :p

Edited by Funky Munky: 9/5/2010 11:26:28 AM

Edited by gooner4life_8: 9/5/2010 05:56:07 PM

And funky edits this..
ton.of.bricks
ton.of.bricks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

I was just wondering.

We all use an alias and we are known by that alias.

If hypothetically 2 different aliases qualified and were chosen to become moderators and in reality both those aliases belonged and were used by the same physical person, would 442 be able to stop that physical person from actually becoming two moderators?

Is there a procedure in place to prevent that from happening, if it hasn't already happened?
Erebus
Erebus
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Every moderator is actually just a multi of KA. Even The Web Guy.

We are all the same person.

In all seriousness, yes that would not happen. Its rather pointless to have 2 mods that are the same person is it not? Whats the point? They won't be here twice as much now would they?
ton.of.bricks
ton.of.bricks
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.9K reputation)

Erebus wrote:
Every moderator is actually just a multi of KA. Even The Web Guy.

We are all the same person.

In all seriousness, yes that would not happen. Its rather pointless to have 2 mods that are the same person is it not? Whats the point? They won't be here twice as much now would they?

I know it sounds insane. I do.

But please tell me, if someone was THAT insane and wanted to be more than one moderators, could he do it by using 2 or 3 aliases that have qualified for the job? Could he?

Erebus
Erebus
Legend

I don't work for 442 so my answer is purely speculation and not based on facts.

But as far as I know, no. There are measures in place to help identify multis.

Still trying to work out where you're going with this though... :?
ton.of.bricks
ton.of.bricks
Semi-Pro

Thanks Erebus.

Just curious mate, that's all.

Cheers.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Erebus wrote:

There's no automatic system, but The Web Guy can check 'behind the scenes' and see whether forumites are using multis.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly benefit from being a moderator twice.
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

I guess this is a good a place as any to ask, do you guys put your "modship" on a resume?
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

anth wrote:
I guess this is a good a place as any to ask, do you guys put your "modship" on a resume?

Been in the same job too long, haven't updated mine, and it never crossed my mind.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Benjamin wrote:
Erebus wrote:

There's no automatic system, but The Web Guy can check 'behind the scenes' and see whether forumites are using multis.

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone could possibly benefit from being a moderator twice.

I can't remember how many multi's i made before i grew a pair :lol:

I used to be such an immature little child...:lol: 8-[

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend

Welcome to the new mods.. I'll let them let you know who they are..
mus-28
mus-28
Pro
Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)Pro (4.6K reputation)

I'm betting anth or joffa......I'll wager this 1 free internetz

buddha69
buddha69
World Class
World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)World Class (9.7K reputation)

How many new ones are there?
I reckon Imnofreak might be close to Modship
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Joffa ftw. Us Chelsea fans have been forgotten for too long round here

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search