Melbourne City Supporters Thread

Melbourne City Supporters Thread

Author
walnuts
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
HeartAttack wrote:
Everything off the pitch has been done well so far.

The signings of the coaching staff have been a class above anything else I have seen in the league so far.

The players first appointed were good players with experience in the league. They should establish a core and leadership that will ensure a goods start for this club. I don't think anyone is expecting miracles straight away, but you can't help thinking this club will be competitive.

I just simply like what this club is doing, therefor I will commit to becoming a member and supporter of this club.

I am an avid football follower, passionately in love with Newcastle United in England, but never fully got myself into the Victory. Don't get me wrong, I was a supporter, went to a few games every year (even the Grand Final in the second season) and always watched them on TV whenever I could and hoped they would win, but just was never 100% into them. I am a Melbournian first and foremost and patriotic about that so of course I was left no choice in the decision but to follow them.

Then this syndicate came along and I was excited about another team in Melbourne to establish a rivalry and for the growth of the game in Australia. I was going to wait to see what they were about and how they were going to operate before either committing to them or strengthening my relationship with the Melbourne Victory as there was going to be another rival in town. Well a few months ago and after the appointment of John Van't Schip I met Scott Munn through fortunate circumstances. Soon after that I decided. So to did four of my mates. We intend to purchase reserve season tickets in the new stadium as members of the Heart or whatever they will be called. (We all know it will be Heart)

I have no significant reason for crossing the great divide by switching from the Melbourne Victory to the Melbourne Heart, I just feel connected with this new club. Already. More so then I ever did with the Victory. I check this and other websites for new news on this club everyday, I have ideas in my head in who I would approach, I watch other A-League games often just to know a little glimpse of information on anyone we decide to pick up from rival clubs. I have fallen in love and consider this my club already.

Can't wait for the announcement on colours, name, kit and logo. Then more signings. This is really exciting.

Go the Heart! :d

Wahey, another Toon boy ;D
HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

walnuts wrote:
HeartAttack wrote:
Everything off the pitch has been done well so far.

The signings of the coaching staff have been a class above anything else I have seen in the league so far.

The players first appointed were good players with experience in the league. They should establish a core and leadership that will ensure a goods start for this club. I don't think anyone is expecting miracles straight away, but you can't help thinking this club will be competitive.

I just simply like what this club is doing, therefor I will commit to becoming a member and supporter of this club.

I am an avid football follower, passionately in love with Newcastle United in England, but never fully got myself into the Victory. Don't get me wrong, I was a supporter, went to a few games every year (even the Grand Final in the second season) and always watched them on TV whenever I could and hoped they would win, but just was never 100% into them. I am a Melbournian first and foremost and patriotic about that so of course I was left no choice in the decision but to follow them.

Then this syndicate came along and I was excited about another team in Melbourne to establish a rivalry and for the growth of the game in Australia. I was going to wait to see what they were about and how they were going to operate before either committing to them or strengthening my relationship with the Melbourne Victory as there was going to be another rival in town. Well a few months ago and after the appointment of John Van't Schip I met Scott Munn through fortunate circumstances. Soon after that I decided. So to did four of my mates. We intend to purchase reserve season tickets in the new stadium as members of the Heart or whatever they will be called. (We all know it will be Heart)

I have no significant reason for crossing the great divide by switching from the Melbourne Victory to the Melbourne Heart, I just feel connected with this new club. Already. More so then I ever did with the Victory. I check this and other websites for new news on this club everyday, I have ideas in my head in who I would approach, I watch other A-League games often just to know a little glimpse of information on anyone we decide to pick up from rival clubs. I have fallen in love and consider this my club already.

Can't wait for the announcement on colours, name, kit and logo. Then more signings. This is really exciting.

Go the Heart! :d

Wahey, another Toon boy ;D

Howay the lads! ;)
notveryclever
notveryclever
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

Oh and good work on editing the main page. Looks decent now. GO HEART!
HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan
Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)Super Fan (157 reputation)

Joffa wrote:
HeartAttack wrote:
Joffa wrote:
agenda much?

I seriously do not know what agenda I was pushing, I have read this forum for a long, long time and decided to post my thoughts on this thread about the Melbourne Heart.

I am here under the name HeartAttack, I have no other accounts I am sure an administrator can point this out.

Hey I don't mind at all...I hope there is another 12-16k of you who will buy memberships and go to matches each week.

So do I.

I know a handful of people that will be following the new club, so hopefully that has translated to 10-15k of people around Melbourne and Victoria (not out of the question) who will get behind the team in the first year.

We won't get close to what the Victory have now initially but who knows in the future? Melbourne have a taste of football now, I am relatively confident the birth of this new Melbourne club will create a massive rivalry and in my humble opinion, there is still a massive market the Heart can sink their teeth into. The dream for me is a full stadium at the new complex every week for the Heart and Victory and Derby day to be something very special. Imagine that season tickets for both clubs is sold out at the stadium and we have live broadcast of the game every year. One game the stadium is full of blue and white, the next game it is full of the Heart colours (to be red and white). A Glasgow type rivalry without the religious connotations. That would be simply awesome.

I am confident the Heart will be a success, the experience in the coaching staff and administration should ensure that, but nothing should be taken for granted.
RedsUnited
RedsUnited
World Class
World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)World Class (7.9K reputation)

Good that the Heart are stirring up supporters at this point in time. Will give them time to build a steady base, which obviously Gold Coast didn't manage to do with all their given time.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
HeartAttack wrote:
A Glasgow type rivalry without the religious connotations. That would be simply awesome.

Not sure if that's possible to be honest, mate. It's 90% of what makes that rivalry so intense is centuries of difference. A lot like the Sunderland/Newcastle rivalry - it goes back way before football. I don't think you can create that intensity in the modern era (anywhere).
HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan

Benjamin wrote:
HeartAttack wrote:
A Glasgow type rivalry without the religious connotations. That would be simply awesome.

Not sure if that's possible to be honest, mate. It's 90% of what makes that rivalry so intense is centuries of difference. A lot like the Sunderland/Newcastle rivalry - it goes back way before football. I don't think you can create that intensity in the modern era (anywhere).

Your probably right there, I just meant that two team, one town battle with fiery passion type rivalry.

Initially it won't generate like the rivalries you mentioned, but over time incidents will occur, fans will berate the other set of fans and passions will increase.

Won't happen overnight, but hopefully in the future we'll remember this conversation and think how good is it to have a rivalry like we do.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

It's all about realistic expectations, mate. If you go into it expecting the kind of passion you get over there - it's inevitably going to be a let-down. If we accept that it's going 'just' to be a strong rivalry, fair enough.

The biggest problem with a rivalry here is that because supporters are few and far between (relative to population), the chances of working surrounded by your rivals, is low. If you live in Glasgow, or Sunderland/Newcastle, the probability is that you will see rival supporters within a day of the match - you lose and you know it's going to be a nightmare going to work the next day. I remember working in Washington one night, my shift starting 2 hours after the final whistle in the Sunderland-Newcastle match, an absolute nightmare going into work that night (we lost 2-1). Here in Melbourne, you could quite easily go days without seeing a rival.

It will build though, no worries about that.
MelbourneHeart
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)

It's time for a fresh start for me, I didn't support the victory in the first season of the A-League, and ill try to support Melbourne Heart for the rest of my life.
MelbourneHeart
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)Hardcore Fan (187 reputation)

This sounds quite funny, but i want to support both Melbourne Victory, and the Melbourne Heart. That sounds so wierd but yeah, i want to support both clubs, like i did in the NBL, South Dragons and The Tigers.

People will have a say on that but i think there will be some that will support both clubs. After all i never turned my back on the victory.
chris
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

This thread is funny - where did all these heart fanatics come from????

Talk about flies sticking to shit

davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

They are all multi's of 1 person....
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:

Yeah I called that as well...
davidsomethingelse
davidsomethingelse
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Joffa wrote:
davidtorres wrote:

Yeah pretty obvious! Good call! :p
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

davidtorres wrote:
Joffa wrote:
davidtorres wrote:

:lol: :lol:
chris
chris
Pro
Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)Pro (3.8K reputation)

could it be?????........Nah

I was thinking TOB's - how stupid of me

Quote:
I believe TOB's posted....As we know, South Melbourne FC, made a bid as Southern Cross FC to enter the A-League. Also the Melbourne City bid failed. Which left it between the two, which Melbourne Heart eventually won. The reason why Southern Cross FC failed is because the FFA did not want a club Culturally backed.

Suspicious though - multiple heart fanatics commenting on this thread - all under 10 posts

makes a good Formula for a giggle though

On a serious note - now that we have a new team in Melbourne as a rival and as I have never been to a game - I may start to follow the Victory

Edited by chris: 10/1/2010 12:58:09 AM

Edited by chris: 10/1/2010 12:59:53 AM
HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan

Joffa wrote:
davidtorres wrote:
Joffa wrote:
davidtorres wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Yikes! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Can an administrator on this forum clear up that I have but only one account to put an ease to the minds of these numskull posters?

Geez! I think some Victory fans are getting a bit uneasy with the fact that there are people out there in Melbourne that don't want to follow your cabbage patch team. Embrace the rivalry fella's it will be beneficial for you.

A forum like this on a reputable website is bound to have a massive amounts of lurkers. Therefor it can be of consequence that on a Heart based thread that some people who have decided to follow the new team come out and voice their opinion and thoughts.....

I guess for some, maybe that is far too complex to comprehend. Anyway good luck to ya!

HeartAttack
HeartAttack
Super Fan

Benjamin wrote:
It's all about realistic expectations, mate. If you go into it expecting the kind of passion you get over there - it's inevitably going to be a let-down. If we accept that it's going 'just' to be a strong rivalry, fair enough.

The biggest problem with a rivalry here is that because supporters are few and far between (relative to population), the chances of working surrounded by your rivals, is low. If you live in Glasgow, or Sunderland/Newcastle, the probability is that you will see rival supporters within a day of the match - you lose and you know it's going to be a nightmare going to work the next day. I remember working in Washington one night, my shift starting 2 hours after the final whistle in the Sunderland-Newcastle match, an absolute nightmare going into work that night (we lost 2-1). Here in Melbourne, you could quite easily go days without seeing a rival.

It will build though, no worries about that.

Yep realistic expectations will see us have rivalry to be proud of. That's all.

Over time, hopefully the supporters grow from few and far between to extensively situated everywhere. Thats the dream. A two team town could create that in due course.
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

HeartAttack wrote:
Can an administrator on this forum clear up that I have but only one account to put an ease to the minds of these numskull posters?

Don't worry about it, mate. Whenever a number of supporters turn up expressing similar opinions there is always a suspicion of multi-posting. Chris, myself and a couple of the other South Melbourne fans have had constant accusations for the last year or so from a certain member.

At your request I have requested a check of the four recent Heart sign-ups.

In the meantime, as one of the moderators I welcome you to the forum an encourage you to get involved in the debates relating to all facets of the A-League, national team, etc., and enjoy the other forums. As a Newcastle (spit spit) fan you may enjoy the World Football forum and it's ever growing Newcastle United Supporters thread. ;)

Edited by Benjamin: 10/1/2010 01:28:48 PM
LickMyLovePump
LickMyLovePump
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)

This "Derby", per se.

Is going to mean nothing to me, i can not hold myself to hate a club, that comes from the same amazing city as my own. Do they want us to split our city in two.
No thank you.
Scrap Melbourne Heart, we don't need em', continue league with ten teams etc.

Sydney will always be my Derby, always has, always will.

Oh, and this rivalry will turn out like ADL vs MEL, a bunch of ADL teens turning up to this game lighting flares, because they hate Victorians, when really, the Vics, don't really give a right F*ck about hating South Australians, we just think your inbred nut jobs.

No dis-respect intended =]

Edited by LickMyLovePump: 10/1/2010 02:51:05 PM
MelbourneHeart
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan

You can always have 2 rivals.. Liverpool v Everton? Liverpool v Manchester Utd?
notveryclever
notveryclever
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

You can have as many rivals as you want - it's just Heart you're going to lose to every time.
MelbourneHeart
MelbourneHeart
Hardcore Fan

all of the squad have represented Australia at different levels.
LickMyLovePump
LickMyLovePump
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)Hardcore Fan (268 reputation)

MelbourneHeart wrote:
You can always have 2 rivals.. Liverpool v Everton? Liverpool v Manchester Utd?

Are you retarded.

We already have two rivals.
And as i said. I don't want to rival my own city, unless your based in fucking Frankston, then ffs, ill get my ratchets and hammers out, it'll be all good.

Besides the point, i long to see your active support scene, before i form any rivalries.

And to add another rivalry, theres West Shitney. What are these F*ckers game, are we supposed to hate em' more then Sydney FC, are they the true sydney, are they the actual f*ggots with the mardigras, West Shitney, is bascily, all of Syds, so which one, so now im confused.

MEL vs SYDFC (Biggest Rivalry)
MEL vs ADL (Biggest Rivalry for Adelaidians but Melbournians dont give a right f*ck about it)
MEL vs HRT (I dont want to have anything to do with it)
MEL vs WSYD (The F*ck?)

Edited by LickMyLovePump: 10/1/2010 03:57:55 PM

Edited by LickMyLovePump: 10/1/2010 04:02:45 PM

Edited by LickMyLovePump: 10/1/2010 04:12:29 PM
RedEyeRob
RedEyeRob
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

LickMyLovePump wrote:

MEL vs ADL (Biggest Rivalry for Adelaidians but Melbournians dont give a right f*ck about it)

of course you don't give a "right f*ck about it".. that's why you've brought it up twice. That's why you and your mates come down here in droves for your away games. That's why you and your mates come armed with your "ratchets and hammers".. unless you're a mechanic of course?

Oh and what's this business about "f*ggots with the mardigras" and your avatar? A forum filled with men and you want us to do what with your "Love Pump"??
LickMyLovePump
LickMyLovePump
Hardcore Fan

RedEyeRob wrote:
LickMyLovePump wrote:

of course you don't give a "right f*ck about it".. that's why you've brought it up twice. That's why you and your mates come down here in droves for your away games. That's why you and your mates come armed with your "ratchets and hammers".. unless you're a mechanic of course?

Oh and what's this business about "f*ggots with the mardigras" and your avatar? A forum filled with men and you want us to do what with your "Love Pump"??

Sorry to burst your bubble, but we dont care about your petty little rivalry.
We have won eight times in a f*cking row.
i mean, seriously?
SYD vs MEL is the only true rivalry in AUS, and when West SYD and MEL HRT come in, it'll
fu*k everything up.
RedEyeRob
RedEyeRob
Pro
Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)Pro (2.4K reputation)

LickMyLovePump wrote:
RedEyeRob wrote:
LickMyLovePump wrote:

i mean, seriously?
SYD vs MEL is the only true rivalry in AUS, and when West SYD and MEL HRT come in, it'll
fu*k everything up.

I think West Sydney have got their shit together and will form an interesting battle between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory.

As for the Heart, their administration sounds alright, but i'm quite skeptical of what their going to bring to the HAL. Like i said on another thread, when i look at Heart and Victory, i really can't work out the so-called "point of difference" apart from the name. But if Victory and Heart wanna go ahead and kill eachother, i'm fine with that. Let me just grab my popcorn and coke first...
;)

Edited by redeyerob: 10/1/2010 04:43:18 PM
LickMyLovePump
LickMyLovePump
Hardcore Fan

RedEyeRob wrote:
LickMyLovePump wrote:
RedEyeRob wrote:
LickMyLovePump wrote:

i mean, seriously?
fu*k everything up.

I think West Sydney have got their shit together and will form an interesting battle between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory.

As for the Heart, their administration sounds alright, but i'm quite skeptical of what their going to bring to the HAL. Like i said on another thread, when i look at Heart and Victory, i really can't work out the so-called "point of difference" apart from the name. But if Victory and Heart wanna go ahead and kill eachother, i'm fine with that. Let me just grab my popcorn and coke first...
;)

Edited by redeyerob: 10/1/2010 04:43:18 PM

Heart aint' gonna be shit,
as you said, West SYD has got their shit together.
I want to see what there active support scene is like, if its anything to compete with Melbourne's, then we have a Rivalry on our hands. But what do we do with FC, hmmmm.

Edited by LickMyLovePump: 10/1/2010 04:47:17 PM
Misc
Misc
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

The adel VS Melb rivalry is not as big as the sydney one, but if the reds got a few wins up on as you would see us take it a lot more serioulsy quite quickly. Anyway, on topic, i dont rate Hoffman.
TimmyJ
TimmyJ
Pro
Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)Pro (2.8K reputation)

i will support heart
just casually though
like all the teams i follow
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search