Melbourne City Supporters Thread

Melbourne City Supporters Thread

Author
BT50
Super Fan
Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
inala brah - 10 Jan 2018 12:40 PM
i reckon joyce will cut fornaroli. i will be surprised to see both joyce and fornaroli at city next season.  

Lol. No chance.
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Just an example of what the marketing could be if the league was independent

One City One Passion (YouTube)
Edited
6 Years Ago by PricklePear
Bundoora B
Bundoora B
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

BT50 - 10 Jan 2018 3:48 PM
inala brah - 10 Jan 2018 12:40 PM

Lol. No chance.

so it will be joyce that leaves then?

Decentric
Decentric
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Awaiting Activation
I have to take my hat off to Joyce for improving the style of football from City over the season.

Joyce is an English trained coach who is succeeding to play some better football on the deck in the HAL. At the beginning of the season, City were awful to watch. At last Brattan is playing too.

Having said this I'm astonished Joyce sold Kilkenny.

Also, Joyce has given an opportunity to young players like Atkinson and Arzani.
Edited
6 Years Ago by Decentric
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Decentric - 18 Feb 2018 9:10 AM
I have to take my hat off to Joyce for improving the style of football from City over the season.

Joyce is an English trained coach who is succeeding to play some better football on the deck in the HAL. At the beginning of the season, City were awful to watch. At last Brattan is playing too.

Having said this I'm astonished Joyce sold Kilkenny.

Also, Joyce has given an opportunity to young players like Atkinson and Arzani.

I thought he waited too long for arzani 

he should have played more minutes early this season unless there are behind the scenes stuff I don't know about

the criteria for playing youngsters should be that they are good enough not that they are the best in the team!
n i k o
n i k o
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.8K reputation)

I guess when your job depends on it and also the success of the team then you'll only put in youngsters if they are good enough. But then like you mentioned there are all the intricacies of what goes on behind the scenes. In Arzanis case his fitness was one fo the main contributors for two reasons, one he picked up a bit of an injury earlier on and two he went away to on national team duties where according to Joyce he came back severely lacking fitness.
StiflersMom
StiflersMom
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Melbourne City boss Warren Joyce compares young gun Daniel Arzani to rising England star Marcus Rashford

DANIEL Arzani had one of the flatter nights of his young career in his first A-League derby, but Melbourne City coach Warren Joyce wouldn’t be surprised if his week gets better with a Socceroos call-up.
Bert van Marwijk is due to name his first national team squad as soon as Tuesday.
With the World Cup in Russia a little over 100 days away, the Dutchman will pick an extended group before whittling it down for friendlies with Norway in Oslo and Colombia in London later this month.
Arzani, 19, is firmly in the frame.

The fleet-footed youngster was the A-League player of the month in February.

On Friday against Melbourne Victory he had a mixed game, forcing Lawrence Thomas into two fine saves before half-time when his fortunes turned sour. He was booked by referee Kris Griffiths-Jones for simulation and then hauled off on a stretcher after a painful-looking calf injury.

Joyce confirmed the unflattering diagnosis after the 2-1 loss.

“Cramp,” the Englishman said.

Joyce said he didn’t believe his winger was capable of running out a full 90-minute game but he still half-expected Arzani’s name to be announced in the Socceroos group this week - comparing him to a young English talent.

“I can’t tell the national manager with his experience what to do, I wouldn’t dream of doing that (but) I wouldn’t be surprised,” he said.

“I look at Marcus Rashford at the time before he broke in and he got a call up into the national team.

“(Like Arzani) He’s got X-factor talent. He’s also got things in his game he has to improve on.

“He’s a young kid developing in a man’s league and he’s going to make mistakes and at times those mistakes cost us.

“But he also does some really dynamic, clever things as well.
Bruno Fornaroli’s first A-League start in 11 months was the chief positive for City in the loss.

The Uruguayan scored a penalty but City were defeated for a third successive game, as Joyce lamented the shape of his side with just five matches left before the finals.

“It’s not going into it like you’re coming round the last bend of an 800m race and you’ve got everyone flying,” he said.

“We’ve got Bruno coming back from nowhere and we’re trying to get him fit.

“There’s been one or two players out missing through suspension.

“There’s hurdles been put up for us that we’ve got to overcome.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/melbourne-city-boss-warren-joyce-compares-young-gun-daniel-arzani-to-rising-england-star-marcus-rashford/news-story/30c840d1f03c0be676dfff4d6434f2bf

My Guess is MC have already had the call but they can't say anything, the kids going to the  March friendlies 
Edited
6 Years Ago by StiflersMom
Bowden
Bowden
Legend
Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)Legend (17K reputation)

Group: Moderators
How come Vidosic is captaining the side having just joined the club?

Fornaroli, a long-time servant of the club, was club captain before his injury and the poor bloke has been overlooked for an A-League mercenary today.
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.7K reputation)

Whats happened to the mebournecity forum? Is it down, hacked, undergoing maitenence?

Brenton1986
Brenton1986
World Class
World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)World Class (5.2K reputation)

AAMI Park (Melbourne City) – unavailable dates:
Friday October 19th/Saturday October 20th/Sunday October 21st – (due to Monster Jam World Tour on Saturday October 20th)
Friday March 1st – (due to 2019 Super Rugby round 3 Melbourne Rebels v Otago Highlanders)
Friday March 8th – (due to 2019 Super Rugby round 4 Melbourne Rebels v ACT Brumbies)
Saturday April 6th – (due to 2019 Super Rugby round 8 Melbourne Rebels v Sunwolves)
Friday April 12th – (due to 2019 Super Rugby round 9 Melbourne Rebels v Cape Town Stormers)
Friday May 10th – (due to 2019 Super Rugby round 13 Melbourne Rebels v Queensland Reds)
Friday May 17th – (due to 2019 Super Rugby round 14 Melbourne Rebels v Pretoria Bulls)

grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

no one else watching their tour of india

youth look very good
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

grazorblade - 25 Jul 2018 1:17 AM
no one else watching their tour of india

youth look very good

Yeah I did. Youth were fantastic. Move the ball around looked composed and technically very good. Take forna Eugenie  and delbridge out and the average age was 17 18. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

JDB03 - 25 Jul 2018 2:03 AM
grazorblade - 25 Jul 2018 1:17 AM

Yeah I did. Youth were fantastic. Move the ball around looked composed and technically very good. Take forna Eugenie  and delbridge out and the average age was 17 18. 

I was shocked when arzani played and was immediately their best last year

the standard for youth playing should be that you are around the same standard as the guy starting not be the best in the team

I hope these kids get a chance this year
moops
moops
Pro
Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)Pro (3.7K reputation)

Highlights, well, goals.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu70eA0eHpo
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)Semi-Pro (1K reputation)

grazorblade - 25 Jul 2018 2:11 AM
JDB03 - 25 Jul 2018 2:03 AM

I was shocked when arzani played and was immediately their best last year

the standard for youth playing should be that you are around the same standard as the guy starting not be the best in the team

I hope these kids get a chance this year

Based on that performance it must give the gaffer confidence that a number of the youth boys could easily do a job if required. 
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro

Good start to pre-season. Girona will be a better test though. I hope they bought more then 50% of their starting team
BT50
BT50
Super Fan
Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)Super Fan (145 reputation)

Najaarine is exceptionally highly rated internally. There are some whispers he'll breakout this season. Daniel Arzani said himself he reckons Ramy is even better than him.
Mustang67
Mustang67
Semi-Pro

BT50 - 25 Jul 2018 9:34 AM
Najaarine is exceptionally highly rated internally. There are some whispers he'll breakout this season. Daniel Arzani said himself he reckons Ramy is even better than him.

He has some real quality. Ive been luck enough to have watch him progress from the age of 12 and he hasn't disappointed. Was held back for 6 months with the shoulder injury but back in full swing now. Great kid and cant wait to see him hopefully get some game time.
fanoffootball
fanoffootball
Hardcore Fan
Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)Hardcore Fan (246 reputation)

JDB03 - 25 Jul 2018 2:48 AM
grazorblade - 25 Jul 2018 2:11 AM

Based on that performance it must give the gaffer confidence that a number of the youth boys could easily do a job if required. 

I think the young city midfielders did very well. Metcalfe I had not heard much about but he obviously has skills and the mind for the midfield. Quick one touch passing and recycling when necessary. Eye for goal too which modern midfielders need. It seems that city have about 8 midfielders in their ranks so it is going to be hard to get time on the pitch for the young players. It is good to see that we have some players that could step up if necessary. Maybe the Girona game will test the team more than Keralta, but Joyce may give the young players some more minutes in the later stages. I think Fornaroli needs to lose weight simple as that. 
grazorblade
grazorblade
Legend

preseason or not that was pretty ordinary

mcgree and i think caceras looked ok
Jonsnow
Jonsnow
Rising Star
Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)Rising Star (794 reputation)

Atkinson for aus .........nah

Paul01
Paul01
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Girona 0-6 
Are you back to Melb Heart-less days?
slipperypigeon
slipperypigeon
Hacker
Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)Hacker (444 reputation)

You guys really are pathetic. It must destroy you knowing just how deep losing is ingrained into your culture.
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro

slipperypigeon - 28 Jul 2018 4:48 PM
You guys really are pathetic. It must destroy you knowing just how deep losing is ingrained into your culture.

Playing a mid table La Liga side (which knocked off Real Madrid) I think is better than having to play a NPL club.

HeyItsRobbie
HeyItsRobbie
World Class
World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)World Class (6.8K reputation)

slipperypigeon - 28 Jul 2018 4:48 PM

You just described Australian football in general

Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

Anybody know if we are playing bentleigh or oakleigh? 
PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro

http://www.goal.com/en-au/news/the-covert-agent-melbourne-city-in-talks-to-sign-mark/gq22aboovruy1tw6t1skefevu

Mark Birighitti to replace one of Bouzanis or Galekovic. Thoughts?

Ds98
Ds98
Pro
Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)Pro (2.2K reputation)

PricklePear - 16 Aug 2018 7:36 PM

hopefully he replaces both
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

https://twitter.com/DailyOzFootball reporting that Bouzanis could be offloaded. Newcastle need a good GK after Duncan's departure. I rate Bouzanis higher than Birighitti so let's hope that's the go 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

PricklePear
PricklePear
Semi-Pro

marconi101 - 16 Aug 2018 9:05 PM
https://twitter.com/DailyOzFootball reporting that Bouzanis could be offloaded. Newcastle need a good GK after Duncan's departure. I rate Bouzanis higher than Birighitti so let's hope that's the go 

Yep I rate Bouzanis more.

Its strange though, Galekovic from what I know is on more pay and Bouzanis still has 2 years left on his contract whereas Galekovic only has 1 year (And is about 10 years older)

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search