*Official* Football Manager Thread

*Official* Football Manager Thread

Author
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
milan_7 - 23 Jun 2017 11:45 PM
azzaMVFC - 21 Jun 2017 1:18 PM

Shit yeah, Preston North End in the 2023/24 season in the Premier League. Really struggling with getting from mid table into the European positions. 16, 12, 13, 12, 15 have been my finshing positions since getting to the Prem. Always start shit, then go on absolute tear then can't catch up to European spots and slide down the ladder. Every. Fucking. Year. Have been considering moving clubs for a while but got a few good youngsters and none of the offers I have received have attracted me enough. 

Some notes from my save.
Tottenham won the Champions League in the 2017/18 season, and the league in 2016/17
Manchester United became the first team to win four straight league titles between 2018 and 2021
In the 2021/22 season, Liverpool did the second version of the slip. Looked like they were going to win the league, but drew with Derby, lost to City and got smashed by Bournemouth 4-1 on the final day when they only needed a point to do it.
West Ham won the league in the 2022/23 season
Cristiano Ronaldo had a one year spell at Braga before retiring at the end of the 2022/23 season
Mexico won the 2018 World Cup, before Spain won it in the 2022 World Cup held in China
Benardo Silva has won two consecutive Ballon Dor's
Julian Brandt became the worlds most expensive player in 2021 when he moved from Bayern to City for 107 million pounds. He has started just 7 league games in the 18 months.
Everton are in the Championship after getting relegated for the second time in three seasons.
Port Melbourne SC made the FFA Cup Final in the 2019 season after pulling off upsets against Brisbane and Western Sydney.
Perth Glory is the only team that has won the league and finals series double in seven seasons.
Bailey Wright is the current captain of both Australia and Preston North End
Australia lost to South Korea in the 2023 Asian Cup Final in almost an exact reverse to the 2015 real final (Jeggo scored an 89th minute equaliser but Korea won in ET)
Kenny Lowe is the current coach of Australia.

Jesus hahaha

milan_7
milan_7
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

TheSelectFew - 24 Jun 2017 12:13 AM
milan_7 - 23 Jun 2017 11:45 PM

Jesus hahaha

Took over in 2022 after 8 years at Perth, in which he won three consecutive grand finals, as well as two Premiers Plate's and three FFA Cups. Became first manager to to the Australian domestic treble in 2019.

A-League coaches from the start of the game to now
Adelaide United: Amor-Ante Kovacevic-Arthur Papas-Pau Marti-Jim Magilton (Fucking lol)
Brisbane Roar: J.Aloisi-Arthur Papas-Huss Skenderovic
Central Coast Mariners: Ikon-Joe Haywood-Robbie Stanton
Melbourne City: JVS-Mark Jones
Melbourne Victory: Muscat-Okon-Anastasiadis-Kevin A'herne Evans
Newcastle Jets: Mark Jones-Farina-Chris Taylor-Alistair Edwards
Perth Glory: Kenny Lowe-Clayton Zane
Sydney FC: Arnold-Stanton-Jones-Branko Jelic-Clayton Zane-JVS
Wellington: Merrick-Taylor-Skenderovic-James Robinson-Andrew Ord-Andres Carrasco
WSW: Popovic-Hayden Foxe-Paul Okon

Australia: Postecoglou-Myself-Lowe

Postecoglou left the Socceroos to manage Crystal Palace then got sacked after getting them relegated. Amor is managing Shaktar Donestk,
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Anyone here still playing?

I still am, daily, until my wife starts to complain...

I try to play it once a week. I absolutely love the game. I started unemployed in the UK (I wanted to make it realistic).. got the Stirling job in the Scotland, got them promoted and then moved to Plymouth in England. I've been there for a few seasons - 1 promotion and lost another season in the playoff final. 
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class
World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)World Class (6.5K reputation)

theFOOTBALLlover - 24 Jun 2017 10:58 PM

I try to play it once a week. I absolutely love the game. I started unemployed in the UK (I wanted to make it realistic).. got the Stirling job in the Scotland, got them promoted and then moved to Plymouth in England. I've been there for a few seasons - 1 promotion and lost another season in the playoff final. 

Yeah that's the best way. I always start in the lower leagues. Never started higher than the National League in England.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

milan_7 - 24 Jun 2017 5:29 PM
TheSelectFew - 24 Jun 2017 12:13 AM

Took over in 2022 after 8 years at Perth, in which he won three consecutive grand finals, as well as two Premiers Plate's and three FFA Cups. Became first manager to to the Australian domestic treble in 2019.

Imagine how much better it would be if there was pro/rel in the Australian leagues and we could start in the state leagues :D

I remember someone created an editor file for this.
Scotch&Coke
Scotch&Coke
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.3K reputation)

azzaMVFC - 26 Jun 2017 3:15 PM
milan_7 - 24 Jun 2017 5:29 PM

Imagine how much better it would be if there was pro/rel in the Australian leagues and we could start in the state leagues :D

I remember someone created an editor file for this.

In FM16 there was a great mod that added around 10 leagues to the pyramid with a 20 team A-League and removed the salary cap/player restrictions.  I took the Jets to winning the ACL with it.

I always try to buy as many Australian players as possible when playing FM and always scout the country to find some gems.  Pasquali, Gersbach, Rogic, Mooy and Luongo are all great pick ups depending on your league.  Australia just came deadlast in their world cup qualifying group desite my best efforts of producing world class players.  Ange still has a job somehow.
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.4K reputation)

Scotch&Coke - 26 Jun 2017 3:54 PM
azzaMVFC - 26 Jun 2017 3:15 PM

In FM16 there was a great mod that added around 10 leagues to the pyramid with a 20 team A-League and removed the salary cap/player restrictions.  I took the Jets to winning the ACL with it.

I always try to buy as many Australian players as possible when playing FM and always scout the country to find some gems.  Pasquali, Gersbach, Rogic, Mooy and Luongo are all great pick ups depending on your league.  Australia just came deadlast in their world cup qualifying group desite my best efforts of producing world class players.  Ange still has a job somehow.

I played one with about 6-7 tiers. It was pretty good but I don't think there was any promotion into the A-league. I can't play the A-league.. too boring. 
TheSelectFew
TheSelectFew
Legend
Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)Legend (30K reputation)

When's 18 coming out?

azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

TheSelectFew - 26 Jun 2017 9:50 PM
When's 18 coming out?

Oct/Nov
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

theFOOTBALLlover - 26 Jun 2017 4:24 PM
Scotch&Coke - 26 Jun 2017 3:54 PM

I played one with about 6-7 tiers. It was pretty good but I don't think there was any promotion into the A-league. I can't play the A-league.. too boring. 

Yeah can't do the A-League either. Get's boring after you make your preseason signings.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Made it into the Champions League with Preston North End, Mission Complete <3

27 more points than I got last season, 11 places higher, 12 more goals scored, 21 less goals conceded. Star players were mostly regens, particularly my left winger Jeet Padaruth who I signed from my rivals (Burnley) and is a boyhood Burnley fan. 15 goals and 9 assists in 34 league games, not bad at all. Also another regen my Italian striker Gennaro Guerra who scored 16 goals and got 11 assists from 34 games as a false 9. Other stars were Alan Halilovic (26 games, 12 goals, 9 assists) and central midfielder Olivier Ntcham (37 games, 6 goals, 6 assists, average rating 7.24).

Unfortunately just got my Champions League group and it is fucking brutal.

As for transfers I only had about 15 million to spend before I sold players and I brought in Serge Gnabry for 10.75m from Newcastle, Rodrigo Tucho (Brazilian wonderkid, 4.5* potential) for 12m, Ben Davies on a free from Spurs and a couple of loanees to help with Home grown rules.
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

milan_7 - 28 Jun 2017 11:41 PM
Unfortunately just got my Champions League group and it is fucking brutal.

Ouch ... 
Weiry
Weiry
Super Fan
Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)Super Fan (115 reputation)

Myself and a few others are working on a file for FM17 that goes down to the 5th tier of Australian football.
We have released a version that makes the NPL (Level 2) playable you can download on the SI Forums it is called [FM17] Australian Lower Leagues. It will also hopefully feature all correct playing squads and correct FFA Cup qualifying structure.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Weiry - 14 Jul 2017 4:53 PM
Myself and a few others are working on a file for FM17 that goes down to the 5th tier of Australian football.
We have released a version that makes the NPL (Level 2) playable you can download on the SI Forums it is called [FM17] Australian Lower Leagues. It will also hopefully feature all correct playing squads and correct FFA Cup qualifying structure.

Fantastic! I go on that thread every now and again so had between waiting for that to pop up. Think I might wait until you get down to NPL SA State League 2 though so I can play with my team
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

2018 release, November 10. No official feature releases, just these teaser videos SI have put out there.

http://www.pcgamer.com/football-manager-2018-will-feature-a-new-graphics-engine-better-ai-and-dynamics/

aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Am due this one when it's out. Still rocking FM14 atm
Gruen
Gruen
Pro
Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)Pro (2.1K reputation)

I have bought FM18, not sure why, hardly played FM17 but perhaps I will play this one more.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Downloading the new one now, $50 off of 2game. Still have no idea who I am going to go for in my first save, should be interesting.

Might even give 442FC a crack again this year if I get into the game enough.

Update: I have decide I will manage Blackburn Rovers, the journey begins.
Edited
7 Years Ago by milan_7
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

milan_7 - 11 Nov 2017 12:26 AM
Downloading the new one now, $50 off of 2game. Still have no idea who I am going to go for in my first save, should be interesting.

Might even give 442FC a crack again this year if I get into the game enough.

Update: I have decide I will manage Blackburn Rovers, the journey begins.

I've been playing the Beta version.. still getting my head around the new interface.

Since FM17, I've been starting unemployed in different parts of Europe. Started a game in Western Europe (Portugal, Spain and France) and got employed by Aroes SC in Portugal's 3rd tier who were struggling in the relegation zone after 9 games. 12 games later and I'm still deep into the relegation zone (9 points from safety) with 9 games to go. I'm finding it very difficult to recruit players to improve the squad.
aufc_ole
aufc_ole
World Class
World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)World Class (7K reputation)

Waiting to finish my last unit at TAFE before buying it. Plenty of all nighters will be had. Thinking of bringing a Championship team to the PL.

Where's the cheapest place to grab a copy?
theFOOTBALLlover
theFOOTBALLlover
Semi-Pro

aufc_ole - 11 Nov 2017 12:45 PM
Waiting to finish my last unit at TAFE before buying it. Plenty of all nighters will be had. Thinking of bringing a Championship team to the PL.

Where's the cheapest place to grab a copy?

I always buy FM from Steam. Its a soft copy so I think it is the cheapest way to purchase it. 

Would you guys be interested in playing online? I've never played it online because it is difficult to find people with the time to do it.
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

Already in February, fuck this game is addictive!

11 points clear at the top of the league with Blackburn, but beginning to slip. Scored in almost every game, only 33 goals conceded in 34 games too is pretty good. I have found it very hard to sell players, also had an interesting with a player where he refused tutoring twice before telling me that my coaching was sub par after I complimented his recent training performances. I terminated his contract even though he had 4.5* PA and now our relationship is marked as 'rival'.

Early in the save so no real crazy things have happened so far, although Arsenal are top of the Premier League and Spurs sacked Pochettino. The weirdest signing is probably by me as I signed Diego Forlan on a free, while Di Maria went to Tottenham, Giuseppe Rossi is at Cardiff, John Arne Riise is warming the bench at Bury, . In the A-League we have seen United re-sign Dugandzic, Sulley Muntari sign for Victory, Jonas Salley make a return with Wellington, Joel Griffiths go to Wanderers. Meanwhile Australia have stopped calling up Tim Cahill in favour of Giannou and got a World Cup group of Argentina, England and Algeria.
City Sam
City Sam
World Class
World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)World Class (5.6K reputation)

Decided to take over Australia and we had a heartbreaking world cup. Drew a group of Brazil, Egypt and Romania which i fancied our chances in. In the first game we got battered 5-2 by Brazil and responded with a 2-1 win against Egypt in which we only needed a draw against Romania to qualify.

We then conceded a 87th minute penalty to go down 1-0 and Kruse misses an absolute sitter in the 93rd minute to equalise the game. Sadly that is how our world cup came to an end, with Kruse missing a sitter and a last min pen.
thejollyvic
thejollyvic
Pro
Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)Pro (3.1K reputation)

I bought the game on my phone this year as my laptops on its last legs. Anyway....

4th season with millwall. Finished 7th missing out on a playoff spot on the final day after a 2-2 draw with sheffield wed. Who finished 6th and eventually got promoted.

After this the board gave me a 700k budget on which they wanted me to reach the playoff with.

So im loaning "fringe"  premier league players as i cant afford anyone.

Interestingly enough 
Aguero
Luiz
Marcelo
Howedes

Are all free agents i tried once with all of them but was swiftly rejected. 
milan_7
milan_7
World Class

In my second season and already had the funniest thing I have ever seen in an FM game. In March 2018 Paul Okon was sacked by Central Coast Mariners and replaced with...

DIEGO MARADONA :laugh:
bettega
bettega
World Class
World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)World Class (5K reputation)

anyone know when the next edition is due?
Melbcityguy
Melbcityguy
World Class
World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)World Class (9.8K reputation)

football manager 2019 can't wait to see what arzani is rated even bolt! 
BrisbaneBhoy
BrisbaneBhoy
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Has anyone played/have "FM 19 Mobile"?  If yes, how is it? Worth the $14 from the app store? How does it compare to "proper FM19"? Compare to "FM 18 Mobile"? Etc, etc...

Cheers in advance ☺

🇮🇪Hail Hail🇮🇪

Edited
6 Years Ago by BrisbaneBhoy
azzaMVFC
azzaMVFC
World Class

Release will be first weekend of Nov I believe. Beta to come out two weeks earlier, so we're a couple of weeks away. 
There's been a few updates as usual, training revamp is very cool! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6APle1WBDU
RedKat
RedKat
Pro
Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)Pro (4.2K reputation)

Was playing the FM2018 mobile took over Newcastle midseason with them rooted last by 10 points. Ended up finishing 17th and surviving on GD in the first season whilst almost managing to win the FA Cup. Following season we got 7th and knocked out in the Europa League quarters by Real Madrid and won the Carabao Cup. After that we got 3rd, knocked out in Europa Quarters again by Sevilla. 

Following season we finish 1st, win the Carabao Cup, lose the FA Cup Final to Arsenal in extra time, and win the Champions League. The following season, after the English window shuts, Jadon Sancho decides we arent a big enough side and moves to Real Madrid. 

ARNIE= LEGEND

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search