The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

Author
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Shaker wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
dont want to knock you guys or anything, but just a general question that i have always wondered about....

how do you manage to drink beer and alcohol even though you know that you may get wasted? you could wake up the next day with a hangover? and it costs a fair bit too?

LOLOLOL. The after effects are all part of the fun. It tastes good and makes everything more fun. Whats not to like?

Shaker = Blyth?

wah?

I'd be deeply offended by that if I were you.
Quote:
Anyone drink Hoegaarden, Fransiskaner, Paulaner, Shofferhoffer etc... ?? German and Belgian beers are awesome

I love Hoegaarden and Paulaner but they're rather expensive. Some of the belgian beers going around are great. Shoffenhoffer is a little too fruity for my tastes.

Right now I'm drinking...

imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators

Has anyone had this before?

Joffa? I'd be interested to know if its good. Seen it at Dan Murphys and a few other places... might buy it when I have the cash. Very intruiging
Joffa
Joffa
Legend
Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)Legend (86K reputation)

Group: Moderators
imnofreak wrote:

Joffa? I'd be interested to know if its good. Seen it at Dan Murphys and a few other places... might buy it when I have the cash. Very intruiging

i have never had the pleasure mate, although I must say I am intrigued...I think I just may check it out and let you know.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:

Afro that's a Light Beer by the bottle... don't tell me your a soft cock
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

No, I realised my mistake shortly after I posted that image. And my Full strength becks lager made me pay for that by spilling on me when I opened a second bottle.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
No, I realised my mistake shortly after I posted that image. And my Full strength becks lager made me pay for that by spilling on me when I opened a second bottle.

oh that's alright sir, just aslong as you make precautions next time sir, cheerio *walks off twirling baton*
Shaker
Shaker
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:
dont want to knock you guys or anything, but just a general question that i have always wondered about....

how do you manage to drink beer and alcohol even though you know that you may get wasted? you could wake up the next day with a hangover? and it costs a fair bit too?

LOLOLOL. The after effects are all part of the fun. It tastes good and makes everything more fun. Whats not to like?

Shaker = Blyth?

wah?

I dont understand, whats offensive about it?
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

shaker wrote:

Being called Blyth is a genuine insult to your intelligence tbh.

Much better.

Edited by afromanGT: 25/3/2010 12:20:28 AM
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Shaker wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Shaker = Blyth?

wah?

Blyth talks to himself on the forums with 3> multis.....
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Shaker wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Shaker = Blyth?

wah?

you better go back and have a look for Blyth from a couple months ago... did he get banned or did he just leave?
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Joffa wrote:
imnofreak wrote:

i have never had the pleasure mate, although I must say I am intrigued...I think I just may check it out and let you know.

I got given a bottle of that last week to try shall have a taste and report back. Need to get myself some more distilled water :x
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

Red Creaming Soda ftw. Or any Supashake. Japanese vending machine coffee is pretty sweet as well.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
you better go back and have a look for Blyth from a couple months ago... did he get banned or did he just leave?

He just had another hissy fit and left. He'll be back in about a month by my reckoning. With a new ethnic minority as a multi. Probably a South African living in Barbados or something.
Quote:
I got given a bottle of that last week to try shall have a taste and report back. Need to get myself some more distilled water

It's probably easier to distill your own.
Shaker
Shaker
Pro
Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)Pro (4K reputation)

Guest wrote:
Shaker wrote:
afromanGT wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Shaker = Blyth?

wah?

Blyth talks to himself on the forums with 3> multis.....

ok i get it now.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

Found a Weihenstephaner at my local BWS just before. Its crystalised wheat beer from Germany. Really takes me back to my time there. Not much tastes like it but its absolute quality.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Is it being imported by woolworths or did you just get lucky? I might check it out.
Nico
Nico
World Class
World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)World Class (8K reputation)

I'm guessing its through Woolworths, as Wagga isn't really one to import random beers... Particular chain bottle shops. Definitely check it out if you can - I'm sure there are plenty of places to buy it in Melbourne. 1st Choice liquor would have it.

bypopulardemand
bypopulardemand
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Shaker wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
zimbos_05 wrote:

Shaker = Blyth?

wah?

Quote:
Anyone drink Hoegaarden, Fransiskaner, Paulaner, Shofferhoffer etc... ?? German and Belgian beers are awesome

I love Hoegaarden and Paulaner but they're rather expensive. Some of the belgian beers going around are great. Shoffenhoffer is a little too fruity for my tastes.

priorities.. i'll never skimp on beer
bypopulardemand
bypopulardemand
Semi-Pro
Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)Semi-Pro (1.6K reputation)

Nico wrote:
Found a Weihenstephaner at my local BWS just before. Its crystalised wheat beer from Germany. Really takes me back to my time there. Not much tastes like it but its absolute quality.

the Weißbier Dunkel is my favourite...
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Nico wrote:
I'm guessing its through Woolworths, as Wagga isn't really one to import random beers... Particular chain bottle shops. Definitely check it out if you can - I'm sure there are plenty of places to buy it in Melbourne. 1st Choice liquor would have it.

Cool, I'll try to remember to check it out. I've been drinking Boags St George tonight.
Quote:

Hi, I'm a uni student. James Squire beer is almost too expensive for me.
Vadar Red Star
Vadar Red Star
Super Fan
Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)Super Fan (128 reputation)

Carlton Draught 8)
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

Quote:

Hi, I'm a uni student. James Squire beer is almost too expensive for me.

i hear you... don't even bother will buying spirits because of their price (although i will if im pissed enough not to care)... refuses to buy any beer over $7
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Nazi Taco:d

1/2 oz Cuervo Gold Tequila
1/2 oz Jagermeister

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Quote:
i hear you... don't even bother will buying spirits because of their price (although i will if im pissed enough not to care)... refuses to buy any beer over $7

For a pint? or schooner? Coz it's not often you can get a pint for under $7 :lol:
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Quote:

For a pint? or schooner? Coz it's not often you can get a pint for under $7 :lol:

Speaking of schooners. The pub up the road from my tafe just got new owners and now $3 schooners between 12pm and 6pm \:d/ \:d/ \:d/ \:d/
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Where i live you're lucky to get a schooner for under $7.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Heineken wrote:
Where i live you're lucky to get a schooner for under $7.

The joys of Western Sydney:lol:
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I know the owners of the London Hotel, they own the bloody pub, and charge $8.50 for a schooner of Heine. If your povo and want Tooheys or VB it'll set you back $5.50 but they get packed out on Friday and Saturday nights, they must make a fucking fortune.

Brilliant Pub though IMO. Really nice place, got that old feel to it, that and the Royal Oak are the nicest pubs in Balmain for mine - shame their two of the most expensive hahaha.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

The Great Southern Hotel on George Street does Pints of Heineken for $5 on monday nights. Fucking tops.

In Melbourne, P.J O'brien's in southgate does all their pints for $7-8, which is a great price for in the city. Especially compared to places like Y&J and Transport.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

[quote=afromanGT]The Great Southern Hotel on George Street does Pints of Heineken for $5 on monday nights. Fucking tops.

In Melbourne, P.J O'brien's in southgate does all their pints for $7-8, which is a great price for in the city. Especially compared to places like Y&J and Transport.[/quote

Schooner obviously being Sydney, you only get Pints in Irish pubs but im quite willing to pay the extra... on the money sydneycroatia, $3.50 beer's at the Three Swallows in Yagoona

Heinekein i think i've been to the Royal Oak.... once, a couple years back on NYE, the chicks we're hot ;)
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search