The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

The Doctor's Bar (Beer, Bar's & Beverages Thread)

Author
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
The Doctor wrote:
[quote=afromanGT]The Great Southern Hotel on George Street does Pints of Heineken for $5 on monday nights. Fucking tops.

In Melbourne, P.J O'brien's in southgate does all their pints for $7-8, which is a great price for in the city. Especially compared to places like Y&J and Transport.[/quote

Schooner obviously being Sydney, you only get Pints in Irish pubs but im quite willing to pay the extra... on the money sydneycroatia, $3.50 beer's at the Three Swallows in Yagoona

Heinekein i think i've been to the Royal Oak.... once, a couple years back on NYE, the chicks we're hot ;)

I think Kemps Creek Bowlo has $1.50 schooners from 1pm-3pm on Frodays which is a massive win since I finish tafe at 11 :lol:

See you've got the advantage of the Western Suburbs being cheaper beer but then the pitfall is that a lot of the better talent is closer to the coast which therefore means dearer beer:lol:

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 30/3/2010 10:15:16 PM
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
[quote=afromanGT]The Great Southern Hotel on George Street does Pints of Heineken for $5 on monday nights. Fucking tops.

In Melbourne, P.J O'brien's in southgate does all their pints for $7-8, which is a great price for in the city. Especially compared to places like Y&J and Transport.[/quote

Schooner obviously being Sydney, you only get Pints in Irish pubs but im quite willing to pay the extra... on the money sydneycroatia, $3.50 beer's at the Three Swallows in Yagoona

Heinekein i think i've been to the Royal Oak.... once, a couple years back on NYE, the chicks we're hot ;)

I think Kemps Creek Bowlo has $1.50 schooners from 1pm-3pm on Frodays which is a massive win since I finish tafe at 11 :lol:

See you've got the advantage of the Western Suburbs being cheaper beer but then the pitfall is that a lot of the better talent is closer to the coast which therefore means dearer beer:lol:

inability to chase tail due to insufficient funds to drink
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

inability to chase tail due to insufficient funds to drink

Same problem here mate.

At the moment alcohol comes before women so until I get a job I'll focus on getting my cheap schooners :lol:
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

That's pretty awesome. But it's a bowlo.

We used to get $10 jugs at the bar near Uni, but then it changed hands and now we don't :(
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

We used to get $10 jugs at the bar near Uni, but then it changed hands and now we don't :(

Meh Bowlo's are alright depending on who's there. Some of the oldies are pretty funny and they got a stunner of a bartender so it's worth going back:lol:
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Heres a handy hint: I used to live in Kemps Creek. Good old Devonshire Rd which seemed like it was 20kms long.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Meh Bowlo's are alright depending on who's there. Some of the oldies are pretty funny and they got a stunner of a bartender so it's worth going back:lol:

it's always worth going back if the bartender chick is hot... thus Three Swallows, after awhile to get to know most of them :d
Bowlo's are contentious cause their dirt cheap but the patronage is iffy at the best of times, personally i don't like to hang out where the majority of people are over 40.... let alone on the pension, but cheap beer is cheap beer
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Yeah, but you could go to bars where there's a hot bartender AND hot patrons :lol: And not so many seedy old people.
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
sydneycroatia58 wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

Yeah, but you could go to bars where there's a hot bartender AND hot patrons :lol: And not so many seedy old people.

It's $1.50 schooners the hot bartender is enough to get me there:lol:
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Fuckin' Oath $1.50 schooner. I'm paying through the bloody nose hahaha. Nex time im at the pub and handing over 6-7 bucks im gonna think of that :lol:

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Schooners shouldn't be any more than $5.50.
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
Schooners shouldn't be any more than $5.50.

tell that to Justin Hemmes
Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

Best way to pick up = tag along with mate to uni bar. $2.50 JUGS of New. So cheap and so many hotties at uni.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Had a few XXXX Gold's last night. First time drinking as well. Tastes alright.
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Pfft can we stop talking about beer? :lol:

Wheres Joffa and Funky so we can talk about my beloved Scotch.

Or I can just put this here for Guest:

Legend
Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)Legend (12K reputation)

*creams pants*

Damn you imno!!!!!!!!

I think I might hit up the bourbon and cokes or Bundy draughts tonight.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

Seeing as i don't have Uni tomorow, and i won't drink on good friday, i'll probably finish off the Super Dry's in the fridge over the game tonight.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

Heineken wrote:
Seeing as i don't have Uni tomorow, and i won't drink on good friday, i'll probably finish off the Super Dry's in the fridge over the game tonight.

:lol: I don't think I'll even remember Good Friday:lol:

Heineken
Heineken
Legend

Well it's kinda only out of respect for my rents...so :lol:

The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

Heineken wrote:

Game the fuck up, the leagues on ;)
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

:-"

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 31/3/2010 08:06:45 PM
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

The Doctor wrote:
Heineken wrote:

I'm planning to be absolutely smashed all weekend:lol:

Especially Sunday when I see the family:lol: :lol

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

:-"

Edited by sydneycroatia58: 31/3/2010 08:06:28 PM
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:
Heineken wrote:

I'm planning to be absolutely smashed all weekend:lol:

Especially Sunday when I see the family:lol: :lol

i want to but my back pocket is still reeling from the grand final, although i'll have to check my balance because i should have got my scholarship today or yesterday... and if i have, scholarship = drinky drinky
Legend

Yay for b'day I have really good tequilla and a couple of bottles of Jimmy Small Batch
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Speaking of Laphroaig, they jsut got some of that at pit. Awesome stuff.

Just drinking Carlton today. Mediocre, but a beer's a beer atm.
Bonkers
Bonkers
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Im not a massive fan of beer but I need to find one I like because its a whole lot cheaper than everything else, bar goon. Help me out.
What is a beer that doesnt taste like horse piss? The only one ive had thats ok is Heineken but im sure theres better out there. I need a slab or some thing for whats coming up and I only want to spend ~$40.
Pure Blonde? Crown? ??? IDFK
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Bonkers wrote:
Im not a massive fan of beer but I need to find one I like because its a whole lot cheaper than everything else, bar goon. Help me out.
What is a beer that doesnt taste like horse piss?

Yeah Im in that boat, not much of a fan, Carltons and Cascades didn't agree with me and don't bother with the new Kruiser brand beer I had a few of those before the march to Etihad for the Grand Final and they did not sit well with the "Jump for Melbourne Victory's". I didn't mind Coopers though
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend

I wish I drank beer. Would make drinking a lot easier on the wallet.

Bought a bottle of Jose Cuervo Tequila last night and finished it off. Goes down very well IMO.
Bonkers
Bonkers
Pro
Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)Pro (3K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Fredsta wrote:
Bonkers wrote:
What is a beer that doesnt taste like horse piss?

Yeah Im in that boat, not much of a fan, Carltons and Cascades didn't agree with me and don't bother with the new Kruiser brand beer I had a few of those before the march to Etihad for the Grand Final and they did not sit well with the "Jump for Melbourne Victory's". I didn't mind Coopers though

Carlton is fucking terrible. Its as if they took the worst 10% tasting particles in horse piss, took the top 10% out of this 10%, anally re-absorbed this doubly-purified horse piss back into a horse before getting the horse to piss through a filter/siphon made from tightly packed gorilla pubes into the cans which we drink it from. O_o

Beer is so much cheaper thats why ive got to get on it.

Straight jager is good stuff. 48 bucks a bottle though. :(
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search