Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Now that was a comic movie masterpiece.

Amazing.

-PB

https://i.imgur.com/batge7K.jpg

marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend
Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)Legend (45K reputation)

Haha that scene was good.

Glad they left it where they did.

-PB

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
paulbagzFC - 25 Apr 2018 5:24 PM
Now that was a comic movie masterpiece.

Amazing.

-PB

The benefits of 18 movies / a decade of build-up and back-story...  DCEU messed up big-time by trying to do it the other way around.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend
Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)Legend (16K reputation)

Benjamin - 26 Apr 2018 3:07 PM
paulbagzFC - 25 Apr 2018 5:24 PM

The benefits of 18 movies / a decade of build-up and back-story...  DCEU messed up big-time by trying to do it the other way around.

WB messed up by interrupting and discarding the brilliant blueprint which Snyder was in the midst of interpreting to the big screen 

He was a man of specific quirks. He believed that all meals should be earned through physical effort. He also contended, zealously like a drunk with a political point, that the third dimension would not be possible if it werent for the existence of water.

marconi101
marconi101
Legend

https://screenrant.com/zack-snyder-dceu-plan-superman-justice-league-trilogy/

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Infinity Wars definitely exposed the gulf between the two that's for sure.

-PB

marconi101
marconi101
Legend

paulbagzFC - 26 Apr 2018 10:17 PM
Infinity Wars definitely exposed the gulf between the two that's for sure.

-PB

Between the studios overseeing things, yes 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

marconi101 - 26 Apr 2018 11:15 PM
paulbagzFC - 26 Apr 2018 10:17 PM

Between the studios overseeing things, yes 

And story, and direction, and delivery, and budget, and music, and special effects and editing.

Etc etc.

-PB

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

marconi101 - 26 Apr 2018 5:20 PM
Benjamin - 26 Apr 2018 3:07 PM

WB messed up by interrupting and discarding the brilliant blueprint which Snyder was in the midst of interpreting to the big screen 

Man of Steel was average at best.  Batman vs Superman, even the extended cut, was a mess.  Justice League a disaster.  Get off Snyder's dick.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

You can add that Watchmen and Sucker Punch were decidedly average as well.

-PB

marconi101
marconi101
Legend

MoS, BvS Extended Cut, Watchmen, Dawn of the Dead and 300 were all pure kino. Go back to watching quips and Married At First Sight while eating cheetos in the dark. 

Justice League was destroyed by WB who were too puny and plebeian to realise they had an Olympian director with a Campbell-esque arc in the works. 

Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

paulbagzFC - 27 Apr 2018 10:15 AM
You can add that Watchmen and Sucker Punch were decidedly average as well.

-PB

Watchmen was average, Sucker Punch was sub-par.  He makes his films look beautiful, but consistently fails to deliver on his narrative vision.  That's why I don't buy into this 5-film-arc...  He may have had it, and it may have worked in the hands of a better director - but with Zack it simply would have looked good and played terribly.  A huge amount can be read into his 'edit' of Batman vs Superman - it's a mess.  The studio may be to blame for telling him to cut it down - but his execution of that edit was shocking...  That said, having watched the longer version, it wasn't a lot better.  It made more sense, but that's not saying a lot.

Just remember, when Zack Snyder grows up he wants to be David Fincher.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Benjamin - 27 Apr 2018 9:12 PM
paulbagzFC - 27 Apr 2018 10:15 AM

Watchmen was average, Sucker Punch was sub-par.  He makes his films look beautiful, but consistently fails to deliver on his narrative vision.  That's why I don't buy into this 5-film-arc...  He may have had it, and it may have worked in the hands of a better director - but with Zack it simply would have looked good and played terribly.  A huge amount can be read into his 'edit' of Batman vs Superman - it's a mess.  The studio may be to blame for telling him to cut it down - but his execution of that edit was shocking...  That said, having watched the longer version, it wasn't a lot better.  It made more sense, but that's not saying a lot.

Just remember, when Zack Snyder grows up he wants to be David Fincher.

Sucker Punch was average, Watchmen was a masterpiece. The theatrical edit of BvS was done by both WB and the film's editor - he never intended to cut it down but was forced to. The extended edition was pure kino and clearly above your intellectual range, given your plebeian insistence as to its lack of quality. Every scene and nearly every frame is of the highest cinematography and is dense with information and depth in the best possible way. 

Compare it to Infinity War (a film I really liked). That film was fun, not very confusing and was entertaining in both dramatic and comedic aspects - however, it lacked a certain nuance, a presence and respect for the material. It was almost too accessible - take the majority of dialogue scenes; nothing really gets said apart from quips, the audience receives no depth of meaning and agency, and the main philosophical points are made by Thanos or just implied heroism with the heroes by virtue of them not doing anything evil (e,g Why are they good? What motivates them?) If anything Infinity War had a hero arc but, instead of the Avengers, it was about Thanos overcoming the obstacles in the way of his goal. 

tl;dr BvS was kino and you sir are a goose

aussie pride
aussie pride
World Class
World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)World Class (6.3K reputation)

This thread might be as good as any.

What’s some good YouTube channels for some decent football content? I don’t mind watching things about obscure places or stories.

I’ve found Copa90 to be pretty good but it’s become pretty heavily americanised
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend

"Solo" - underwhelming but not abysmal...  But the thing that really baffled me - after all the fallout about SJW politics invading the movies, those making the film made a conscious decision to talk up the SJW elements in this one - droids rights and Lando's pan-sexuality...  But when you see the film - the droid rights issue is limited to L3, with other characters almost laughing at 'her' for it - then pays off as part of the plot rather than a politically correct aside; and Lando's attraction to droids is noted by L3 with Khaleesi raising an eyebrow because she knows the thought is in L3's head, not Lando's.  I'm amazed that the filmmakers would push a message that clearly annoys fans, when the message isn't even in the film...  Professional suicide.
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Benjamin - 18 Jun 2018 12:04 PM
"Solo" - underwhelming but not abysmal...  But the thing that really baffled me - after all the fallout about SJW politics invading the movies, those making the film made a conscious decision to talk up the SJW elements in this one - droids rights and Lando's pan-sexuality...  But when you see the film - the droid rights issue is limited to L3, with other characters almost laughing at 'her' for it - then pays off as part of the plot rather than a politically correct aside; and Lando's attraction to droids is noted by L3 with Khaleesi raising an eyebrow because she knows the thought is in L3's head, not Lando's.  I'm amazed that the filmmakers would push a message that clearly annoys fans, when the message isn't even in the film...  Professional suicide.

I wonder who forced it into the plot......

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

marconi101 - 18 Jun 2018 6:48 PM
Benjamin - 18 Jun 2018 12:04 PM

I wonder who forced it into the plot......

I enjoyed Solo, more than the abomination that was Rogue One & The Last Jedi that's for sure. 

Solo lost 50-100 million due to it's absymal box office takings to shitload of money spent ratio.  

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

ErogenousZone - 20 Jun 2018 1:44 PM
marconi101 - 18 Jun 2018 6:48 PM

I enjoyed Solo, more than the abomination that was Rogue One & The Last Jedi that's for sure. 

Solo lost 50-100 million due to it's absymal box office takings to shitload of money spent ratio.  

Or people just chose not to go see it lol

-PB

marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Solo was alright, it's just that TLJ was that bad and insulting that people really couldn't be bothered 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Ocean's 8 looking like mixed reviews and under performing box office intakes, who'd a thunk. Looking like Ghost Busters 2.0.

Will still see it anyways as I like most the actresses involved. Be interesting if they try to do the 9/10 sequels.

-PB

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro
Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)Pro (4.9K reputation)

paulbagzFC - 21 Jun 2018 9:18 AM
Ocean's 8 looking like mixed reviews and under performing box office intakes, who'd a thunk. Looking like Ghost Busters 2.0.

Will still see it anyways as I like most the actresses involved. Be interesting if they try to do the 9/10 sequels.

-PB

Ghostbusters MKII was a utterly unfunny fucking insult to cinema,  no way as I wasting my time with this shitty fucking unoriginal garbage remake.  
Edited
6 Years Ago by ErogenousZone
marconi101
marconi101
Legend

Took me a while but got round to watching Sicario. Excellent film, highly recommend. Terrific acting and direction from Villeneuve 

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

marconi101 - 28 Jun 2018 10:19 PM
Took me a while but got round to watching Sicario. Excellent film, highly recommend. Terrific acting and direction from Villeneuve 

S2 seems to be getting good reviews.

-PB

ErogenousZone
ErogenousZone
Pro

marconi101 - 28 Jun 2018 10:19 PM

Great score & cinematography. 

PunaKidufa
PunaKidufa
Under 7s
Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)Under 7s (6 reputation)

It's not a movie but I watched Luke Cage Season 2.

I am so sick of Hollywood culturally appropriating black cultures of violence for entertainment value.
paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

PunaKidufa - 30 Jun 2018 1:54 PM
It's not a movie but I watched Luke Cage Season 2.

I am so sick of Hollywood culturally appropriating black cultures of violence for entertainment value.

Wud happened?

LOOYK KAGE.

-PB

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

Joaquin Phoenix to play the Joker.

What.

-PB

Jong Gabe
Jong Gabe
Pro
Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)Pro (2.9K reputation)

Need tommy wiseau for the joker

E

paulbagzFC
paulbagzFC
Legend

I still don't get why we need ANOTHER stand alone Joker movie.

-PB

GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search