Movies Thread 2.0

Movies Thread 2.0

Author
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
BILL FUCKING MURRAY! I've been a fan of yours since I could masturbate...not that that's connected or anything
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

Fredsta wrote:
BILL FUCKING MURRAY! I've been a fan of yours since I could masturbate...not that that's connected or anything

Quoted on the grouns of Fredsta's self incrimination.
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend
Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)Legend (14K reputation)

afromanGT wrote:
Fredsta wrote:

Quoted on the grouns of Fredsta's self incrimination.

:lol: In no way will I ever be ashamed to have my name linked to that quote for the reason of it being an awesome movie, a great quote, a fucking quality character and Bill being legendary
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

am i the only one that has never read the books let alone heard of them... but i am intrugied

but Scott Pilgrim vs The World is the shit... its like Superbad vs Shaun of the Dead vs Nintendo

[youtube][/youtube]
sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

The Doctor wrote:
am i the only one that has never read the books let alone heard of them... but i am intrugied

No you're not the only one. I'd never heard of the book until someone posted the trailer here for the movie and said it was from a book:lol:

Nevertheless this has forced me to go out and borrow the books:lol:
notorganic
notorganic
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

90's Australian teenage fiction, was hugely popular when I was in High School.

Obviously if you're not in that generational window, it's easy to understand that you wouldn't have read or heard about them.

The books can be intensely realistic, and continually force you to question your own inner courage to ask if you would be able to stand up and fight in the same situation.

I was just looking more at the cast - I was always under the impression that Kevin was Aboriginal?
The Doctor
The Doctor
Legend
Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)Legend (10K reputation)

sydneycroatia58 wrote:
The Doctor wrote:

No you're not the only one. I'd never heard of the book until someone posted the trailer here for the movie and said it was from a book:lol:

Nevertheless this has forced me to go out and borrow the books:lol:

you read any of it yet? everybody else sounds rather nostalgic about it so i'd like a 2nd opinion
avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

I also never heard of the books before this.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

What fucking rocks have you been hiding under?

arguably the most famous books written by John Marsden.

What shit did they teach you at school, i thought it was compolsory to read them in Year 8...i had read them all by year 6, but still.

I urge you to pop down to your local library's/dymocks/amazon.com and get them. Brilliant books.

WOLLONGONG WOLVES FOR A-LEAGUE EXPANSION!

avy1990
avy1990
Legend
Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)Legend (13K reputation)

Who the fuck is John Marsden? :p
Benjo
Benjo
Legend
Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)Legend (15K reputation)

I'm just gonna pretend i didn't read that...
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend
Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)Legend (77K reputation)

avy1990 wrote:

Quote:

What the fuck kind of childhood did you lads live?
Fredsta
Fredsta
Legend

TBH I always thought they would be shit but they were on the curriculum in year 9 and I loved them, I was always put off by the first person which usually I am not a fan of but they were brilliant
Funky Munky
Funky Munky
Legend
Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)Legend (21K reputation)

I like the books, but I think nostalgia and childhood memories clouds it a bit, they weren't that great.
Heineken
Heineken
Legend
Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)Legend (50K reputation)

I saw the A-Team on Thursday.

It's shit, really really ahit. My mum laughed through it, not cause it was funny, cause it was stupid and shit. movie doesn't start till half way through, and at first i thought i had walked into a sketch of "Once upon a time in Mexico".

Really don't see why all the fuss over it is.

sydneycroatia58
sydneycroatia58
Legend
Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)Legend (41K reputation)

Heineken wrote:
I saw the A-Team on Thursday.

It's shit, really really ahit. My mum laughed through it, not cause it was funny, cause it was stupid and shit. movie doesn't start till half way through, and at first i thought i had walked into a sketch of "Once upon a time in Mexico".

Really don't see why all the fuss over it is.

Go see The Losers, if you haven't already that is.

Same kind of premise as A-Team but so so much better.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

Funky Munky wrote:
I like the books, but I think nostalgia and childhood memories clouds it a bit, they weren't that great.

This is probably true. But I still want to see if it can even come close to comparing to how I remember it. It's like when they make a movie of a Dr Seuss Classic...
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

afromanGT wrote:
avy1990 wrote:

Quote:

What the fuck kind of childhood did you lads live?

Sports. No books... Sports.
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

I think its sweet that Heineken goes to movies with his mum.
rocknerd
rocknerd
World Class
World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)World Class (5.7K reputation)

I saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus on the weekend. this is an awesome film. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Tom Waits as the Devil works so well.
australiantibullus
australiantibullus
Pro
Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)Pro (2.3K reputation)

rocknerd wrote:
I saw The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus on the weekend. this is an awesome film. One of the best I have seen in a long time. Tom Waits as the Devil works so well.

await Anti Tom Waits rant from afro
Benjamin
Benjamin
Legend
Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)Legend (23K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Saw "Get Him To The Greek" tonight. Fucking hilarious.
afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

australiantibullus wrote:
rocknerd wrote:

await Anti Tom Waits rant from afro

Why would I attack his acting ability when it's his music I don't like?
Heineken
Heineken
Legend

notorganic wrote:
I think its sweet that Heineken goes to movies with his mum.

I'm trying to work out whether you're being sincere, or you're just taking the piss :lol:

Nah, i'm on Uni hols at the moment, and mum asked me if i wanted to see a move, i said sure why not. we were planning to go see Robbin Hood, but it wasn't on for another 2 hours, so we though we'd see the 'A-Team' cause it looked good :lol: (you know, as you do standing up there looking at the review screen :lol:)

It's well and truly shit. Had more fun laughing at the stupid faults and how ridiculous it is then at the jokes in the movie. So unrealistic, just so not funny.

afromanGT
afromanGT
Legend

I think he may well be making fun of you.

How do you get head in a cinema when you're only there with your mum?
notorganic
notorganic
Legend

afromanGT wrote:

I don't find it too difficult when I'm only there with your mum ;)
imnofreak
imnofreak
Legend
Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)Legend (36K reputation)

Group: Moderators
notorganic wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

:lol: =d>
anth
anth
World Class
World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)World Class (5.5K reputation)

notorganic wrote:
afromanGT wrote:

avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Bought Drag Me To Hell yesterday...anyone seen it/any good?

I really want to find the movie Haute Tension, sounds so good.
avy1990
avy1990
Legend

Just watched The Butterfly Effect, I could only remember bits seeing as the only time id seen it was 6 years ago. I rate it as one of my favourite movies ever. Love it so much.
GO

Select a Forum....

Inside Sport

Search